Wavy / curly hair products, styling tips etc! 🌀

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being a cheapskate I've been trying the cheaper products. I'm finding Twisted Sista really good, Cantu on the otherhand is garbage, my hair has neve looked so bad

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Being a cheapskate I've been trying the cheaper products. I'm finding Twisted Sista really good, Cantu on the otherhand is garbage, my hair has neve looked so bad
What a shame! I’ve used all ends of the spectrum and my hair loves cantu. I’ve just tried Shea moisture and it’s great but, I feel like it doesn’t leave my hair as shiny looking.

Reactions: 1
What a shame! I’ve used all ends of the spectrum and my hair loves cantu. I’ve just tried Shea moisture and it’s great but, I feel like it doesn’t leave my hair as shiny looking.
I also like the cantu, the leave in conditioner is great on my hair.

It depends on how much you want to spend but Joico K-Pak is good. Be careful with protein masks though, make sure you’re getting lots of moisture in there too.
I bought a moisturising protein mask by Imbue from Superdrug and that’s really helped. Will be quite frugal with it though as I’m sure I used too much protein last time and killed my curls!

I bought a moisturising protein mask by Imbue from Superdrug and that’s really helped. Will be quite frugal with it though as I’m sure I used too much protein last time and killed my curls!
That’s good, I didn’t realise the impact of too much protein. I have k-18 repair mask which isn’t protein, but have been lazy with it. I tried a clarifying shampoo and protein free hair mask from As I Am at the weekend and my hair drank it up 😄 Superdrug also sell it.

Hello fellow curly haired people! I've had extensions for years and found my hair was also frizzy (think a cross between Hagrid and Professor Trelawney). I could never let my hair air dry due to the extensions. I took them out and let my hair air dry - yep its curly! So I did my usual panic google search and bought leave in conditioner, frizz ease mousse and frizz ease curl cream and have also ordered a Denham brush.

But I have no idea how to use the products and when. Do I put them on when my hair is wet? Or do I use them at different stages? Before or after plopping?

Also.. how do you brush your hair inbetween washes? I brushed mine last night as it was going to be washed today and it has frizzed.

Is there an idiots guide out there any of you could point me in the direction of as I am a bit overwhelmed with all the Information online.

Attached photos of hair when my extensions were in and second one when I just used a bit of mousse and air dryer and diffuser.

Thank you if you have got this far!

Attachments

Hello fellow curly haired people! I've had extensions for years and found my hair was also frizzy (think a cross between Hagrid and Professor Trelawney). I could never let my hair air dry due to the extensions. I took them out and let my hair air dry - yep its curly! So I did my usual panic google search and bought leave in conditioner, frizz ease mousse and frizz ease curl cream and have also ordered a Denham brush.

But I have no idea how to use the products and when. Do I put them on when my hair is wet? Or do I use them at different stages? Before or after plopping?

Also.. how do you brush your hair inbetween washes? I brushed mine last night as it was going to be washed today and it has frizzed.

Is there an idiots guide out there any of you could point me in the direction of as I am a bit overwhelmed with all the Information online.

Attached photos of hair when my extensions were in and second one when I just used a bit of mousse and air dryer and diffuser.

Thank you if you have got this far!
Hey 👋 so I found it very overwhelming when I first started out. I’d say, you’ve already got the basics of what you need to start out. Every hair is different and you need to figure out does your hair retain water or does it retain product. Then you can work out how much of each you will need. I personally never brush my hair in between washes as I find it causes breakages. I use shampoo and conditioner then Garnier ultimate blends hair food whilst in the shower and wash it out. Since doing this I’ve had less frizz so it might work for you.

Then to style I use, leave in conditioner then brush it all over, then spray water onto my hair. I’ve found with frizz, you have to keep it really wet. Next, I use a mousse and scrunch it in. I then add a gel use my denham brush and you brush under your hair not on top of your hair. After this I plop with a cotton top for 20mins and then diffuse. For me, if I over plop my hair can go frizzy.

• Heart
Hey 👋 so I found it very overwhelming when I first started out. I’d say, you’ve already got the basics of what you need to start out. Every hair is different and you need to figure out does your hair retain water or does it retain product. Then you can work out how much of each you will need. I personally never brush my hair in between washes as I find it causes breakages. I use shampoo and conditioner then Garnier ultimate blends hair food whilst in the shower and wash it out. Since doing this I’ve had less frizz so it might work for you.

Then to style I use, leave in conditioner then brush it all over, then spray water onto my hair. I’ve found with frizz, you have to keep it really wet. Next, I use a mousse and scrunch it in. I then add a gel use my denham brush and you brush under your hair not on top of your hair. After this I plop with a cotton top for 20mins and then diffuse. For me, if I over plop my hair can go frizzy.
What kind of hair do you have and what flavour garner do you prefer?

Does it actually work? I have loads of ‘intensive’ conditioners but a lot aren’t that good
I find for me, it locks my conditioner in and reduces frizz. So when I get out of the shower my hair is silky whereas, when I don’t use it, my hair starts to frizz out. It’s only £3.50 so worth a try, it’s a big tub too

Another Curly girl here. The bottom back and sides is really curly ringlets, the top of my head wavy, the back (where my head hits the pillow) is frizzy 🙄. Like others I have tried hundreds of different products over the years.

I too discovered Only Curls and thought this was the answer but I am having second thoughts. I find it leaves my hair extremely dry the next day. In fact do you not find all these different products leave your hair very dry? I often use disposable gloves when putting products on as sometimes my fingers get extremely dry at the ends and I am convinced it is the products causing this as when I use gloves, my fingers are fine. It does make me wonder what they actually do to your hair.