Wavy / curly hair products, styling tips etc! 🌀

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2c/3a, my curls are different every time I wash, i wish they were more consistent

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have recently discovered OnlyCurls online.. Their products are amazing! I've tried basically every product on the market (UK). OnlyCurls have been the best I've used.

Mostly 3B with a few 3A around the crown and 3C around the face. I hate it and would pay anything to change it to 2A/2B if it were possible! Have actually considered getting a straightening treatment to loosen the curls a bit but I feel it would cause too much damage.
Just realised the name of the thread and I was asking if your hair was curly 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 My colleague has tight curls and she gets a keratin treatment every few months. I never even knew she had curly hair but it is short and it smooths it. I think you have to do research on them as some are better than others.

Reactions: 1
I have recently discovered OnlyCurls online.. Their products are amazing! I've tried basically every product on the market (UK). OnlyCurls have been the best I've used.
I didn't get on amazingly with Onlycurls, I tried the gel and curl cream, but ended up going back to my cheapy Boots essentials curl cream! Currently using Cantu curl activator and twist and lock gel, which seems ok, though I have to be cautious not to use too much gel as it's a dense formula.

My hair used to be 3a but only from the middle of the hair, I could never get any curl from the root. It’s pretty long so gets weighed down. About a year ago my hair lost its curl and I am so lost with what to do. No idea why, no change apart from stopping breastfeeding and possibly too much protein treatment. I’m getting a good chunk of it cut off so hopefully that helps.

• Heart
I’m 2a getting to 2b! It was quite funny when I was realised my hair was in fact wavy and not just thin and frizzy.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have no clue but, I think I’m 2C/3A with a bit of 3B. My friend’s say my hair is like Beyoncé’s when she has it curly, which I take as a huge compliment
it is a huge compliment! Mine doesn't tend to curl at the root which i find annoying as it can lack "bounce".

it is a huge compliment! Mine doesn't tend to curl at the root which i find annoying as it can lack "bounce".
Oh I used to have that problem. For me, it was putting conditioner on the top, now I just do the ends and middle. I’ve not had an issue since!

• Heart
this is me from a few years ago when I chopped my hair off and was having a good curl day 🙃
1deafeb4c1916a4b8a8c00620628ab52.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
3C! I tried to stick to CGM but frankly my scalp just wasn't able for it. I loved DevaCurl before that stopped working for me, and also had the legal issues over potentially wrecking peoples' hair. Now I use Eucerin to keep my scalp in check, I detangle with OGX, and then try a leave in (I vary with them but have never had the success I had with DevaCurl) and a shea moisture.

I also have absolutely no idea how to use a hairdryer! I wish someone would sit me down and be like now this is how you diffuse.

• Heart
I’ve been trying to bring my curls back after about 20 years of religiously straightening the hell out of it! Anyone got any tips on making your curls less like a pot noodle?!

I’ve been trying to bring my curls back after about 20 years of religiously straightening the hell out of it! Anyone got any tips on making your curls less like a pot noodle?!
This product brought my curls back to life: https://www.sephora.com/product/pattern-mini-intensive-conditioner-P475972?skuId=2494573&icid2=products grid:p475972:product

It didn’t matter for me that it’s meant for tight coils. As a matter of fact, it produced the curliest results from any product I used.

I found it by luck at Marshall’s (US). I get a lot of hair products normally sold at Sephora and Ulta from there.

ETA: This week I found Ouidad clean sweep moisturizing dry shampoo for curly hair, $7.99. I really like it. The smell is nice, my hair feels soft & clean and it gets shiny. I also found VERB ghost dry oil ($12.99). I’m not a fan of this one yet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
When you guys have washed your hair do you dry it with a t shirt like the experts say you should?

When you guys have washed your hair do you dry it with a t shirt like the experts say you should?
I've tried this but i found it didn't really work for me. I don't towel dry it, but I do wrap it when it's soaking wet and then I try to leave it to airdry as naturally as possible!

I use an old cotton top with long sleeves, for context, it’s a very fitted cotton top you wear underneath a skiing jacket. I find that keeps it all in place whereas, a normal t shirt doesn’t work. I don’t always plop, sometimes I let it air dry. However, when I plop my hair lasts longer but, if I air dry then diffuse it become bigger/more volume. It makes no sense 😂