Wavy / curly hair products, styling tips etc! 🌀

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What happens if you gently scrunch dry and then leave to air dry indoors? No product. What wash/conditioner are you using?
I’m using Aussie curl stuff. If I scrunch I get curls/waves but they’re very messy not defined at all. My hair definitely isn’t straight, if I do nothing to it at all it will dry with kinks/waves but it’s very fine and just ends up looking scruffy! I recently had it cut but I don’t think that’s helped as it’s now about chin length and I think the ‘natural, wavy relaxed’ look is better on longer hair.
I think scruffy is the best way to describe it. It just looks like I’ve done nothing to it at all, or like I’ve rolled out of bed looking a mess!

Reactions: 2
Is Aussie CGM? Does it have anything ending in -one in it? If so that’ll be silicone and will stop your hair being able to absorb moisture ingredients over the long term.

I’d recommend using as little as possible of a CGM approved wash routine, drying suuuuper gently with a microfiber towel and then taking a curl crème through with your fingers.

What brushes are you using?

I’m using Aussie curl stuff. If I scrunch I get curls/waves but they’re very messy not defined at all. My hair definitely isn’t straight, if I do nothing to it at all it will dry with kinks/waves but it’s very fine and just ends up looking scruffy! I recently had it cut but I don’t think that’s helped as it’s now about chin length and I think the ‘natural, wavy relaxed’ look is better on longer hair.
I think scruffy is the best way to describe it. It just looks like I’ve done nothing to it at all, or like I’ve rolled out of bed looking a mess!
I use cheap shampoo and conditioner from Savers. The things that have made a difference to me are plopping using a long sleeve T shirt and rinsing my hair upside down so from the back of my neck forward. I've also started combing conditioner through my hair the same way. I then apply noughties curl gel, wrap in the T shirt, leave for 5 to 10 mins, take T shirt off and scrunch hair while it's hanging upside down a couple of times and that's it.

Reactions: 1
Is Aussie CGM? Does it have anything ending in -one in it? If so that’ll be silicone and will stop your hair being able to absorb moisture ingredients over the long term.

I’d recommend using as little as possible of a CGM approved wash routine, drying suuuuper gently with a microfiber towel and then taking a curl crème through with your fingers.

What brushes are you using?
Thanks! It’s their curly range and there’s no silicones listed in the ingredients! I’ve not been using a brush, just attempting to use a wide tooth comb or my fingers.

Thanks! It’s their curly range and there’s no silicones listed in the ingredients! I’ve not been using a brush, just attempting to use a wide tooth comb or my fingers.
Oh well you are doing everything right then! I’d say use as little product as possible,
Only wash your hair when it really needs it. You can do a camomile tea rinse too with just a regular camomile teabag in a sink of warm water. Stick with the scrunching and maybe find a nice cream for a finishing definition and weight? OUAI do a good one.

• Heart