Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chaiira

She's not Jewish, she literally woke up one day and decided she was, got a jumper, clued herself up on some relative terms.
She has in no way converted, started to convert, or had any link to Judaism through family etc.

Just another of the lies
I’m no expert but to me the idea of a secular converted Jew is nonsensical. The conversion process is extremely rigorous and I think has to be supervised by a rabbi over months so obviously it really requires that you buy into the faith. Obviously you can be born into a culturally Jewish but non religious family but Von Von is apparently from a Catholic background? To then say that you’ve been affected by anti semitism is just incredible. Imagine if she converted to Islam, wore a hijab around Edinburgh a couple of times, retweeted some progressive Imam and then claimed to have been a life long victim of Islamaphobia.

It is just shamelessly insulting really...using it as a wee outfit to try on 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 28

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
No, she did have a job at BBC Scotland for a while but it didn't last (would LOVE to know what went down). None of her jobs seem to last for all that long and we've no evidence some of them are real jobs. I suspect she spends a lot of time eating her pieces on a park bench whilst being "Head of Communications".
Think she was pretty much a laughing stock during her 6 months at the BBC tbh. Offering to do people's tarot cards in the newsroom probably didn't help. Nor did the multiple times she had to be taken away in an ambulance because of her chilli allergy.

• Haha
  • Wow
So many Vonnys - I had completely forgotten about allergies Vonny. If I am doing my Foucauldian discourse analysis correctly, the memory loss story makes complete sense and maybe it happens every time she is generating a new Vonny? Maybe she was actually shouting 'who are you?!' at herself 🤔

I also recall 'Comedy Writer Vonny' who wrote for the skinny. It might have been her identity before becoming an Indy celeb.

• Haha

Daisybelle88

I’ve been lurking on tattle for a few years and always hoped that some day there would be a Vonny thread. This is giving me LIFE!! I’ve always thought of her a sort of a relationship shapeshifter- she seems to take on the interests and style of whatever poor unfortunate man she is with. It’s utterly bizarre. She’s a complete and utter fantasist and I don’t understand how some people don’t see through her.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
What's your favourite Vonny period?

~ Academia Vonny
~ Sex worker Vonny
~ Nordic Model Now! Vonny
~ TERF Vonny
~ Non-binary Vonny
~ Goth Vonny
~ Jewish Vonny
~ Autistic Vonny
~ BBC Vonny
~ COVID Vonny
~ <please feel free to add your own> Vonny

Mine has to be Academia Vonny, when she kept on pretending to have multiple degrees and scorned people for not being part of 'the Academy'.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
The allergic reactlons these people get...never hives or a rash, is it?
I had covid over Christmas and came out in really bad hives. Didn’t photograph them. Wish my body had known it was possibly to do a Vonny/Jack and direct the reaction entirely to my lips so I could have posted a needy photo looking like an oddly elfin duck.

• Haha

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
So funny to have found this thread. Think I followed her for a brief while last year on Instagram when she dressed like the mum from a 1960s Ladybird book and was all 'I think more people should wear bright colours, I just adore wearing bright clothes' and was engaged to Mr Plus Fours who looked liked he'd stepped out of a P.G Wodehouse novel. And then a few weeks ago I saw the photo on Twitter of her goth extravaganza wedding to a man who was definitely not Mr Plus Fours. She doesn't hang about!

And now I'm reading about all her other personas! I just wouldn't have the energy for all the re-invention.

• Haha
  • Heart

pumpkincandle

She was also taking photos in morning conference and posting these on twitter, during her first week. This did not go down well.
In her first couple of weeks at the Stirling Uni job she also posted what looked like a work schedule with other people's names on it, all the while moaning about how much work she was doing. Just totally mental self-sabotaging attention seeking.

Can't believe we have more than one Dougie ex in here! What a thread.

• Haha
  • Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
OK GUYS!! WE GET IT!! But please let's remember TRUE BEAUTY COMES FROM THE INSIDE!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Oh was this the one where the person replied “Exactly, Jewish, so white then.”??

Remembwr seeing things like that around the time she got kicked out of/ abandoned her anti racist Scotland page
I can't even remember tbh! Meanwhile, here's the one I was actually looking for, Vonny dressing up as "the badass woman who saved the Jews" after self identifying as Jewish for all of 5 minutes.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 17.23.39.png

Bonus extra:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 21.34.37.png

• Haha
  • Wow

NAIVENELLIE

Omg I just found this thread. Used to follow Vonny because I thought she was cool but forgot all about her.

Its like Jack Monroe and Jameela Jamil had a wide eyed bobbed - haired baby

• Haha

Devorah

I hope it’s cathartic in a way, to be able to discuss things here. But if you need to step back then I’m sure we’d all understand. I REALLY don’t want to sound patronising, I don’t mean it that way at all, because you’re clearly a strong and dignified person, but please take care of yourself, I may be wrong but I can imagine this could be a bit overwhelming.
It really is in a way and can imagine it's good for people to get some truth. I'm close to deleting my posts but hope it's helped answer things. Thanks for you concern for me :) it's appreciated

• Heart
Reactions: 26

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
Oohhhhhhhh I get it. She mentioned before that she sent her DNA off to one of those ancestry sites*. So it probably came back saying 2% Ashkenazi Jewish and now she feels legitimised in saying she's Jewish. Wot a clown.

*don't give your DNA data to private companies. God knows what corporation will end up owning up it in 20 years.

• Haha
I’m just a little confused about how someone could be the first person in Scotland to have Covid/travel cross country multiple times with Covid/have long Covid/ get married at a very expensive wedding venue during Covid/ ask for recommendations on local places to go for a honeymoon during Covid/ fly to Berlin during Covid/ go out to dive bars in Berlin during Covid/ then come home and claim to have post-Covid PTSD as well as having long Covid.
Whilst flying to Copenhagen from Berlin and simultaneously staying inside all the time

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 13.40.13.png
Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 13.39.46.png
Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 13.40.59.png

• Haha
  • Wow