Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CC Baxter

Sooooooo I’ve posted a lot of the screenshots in here and I started Vonny-watching cos one of my best pals is a Scottish journalist & put me onto how she's a known bullshitter among cultural/media circles years ago, none of this is going to be new to anyone in the know up here.

But I asked her about this, she said that she doesn’t really know Laura personally but has never heard anyone slagging her like this, that she seems generally well thought of and promotes other people's stuff. You describe her writing as like some barely literate tabloid airhead but going by this article that doesn’t really add up? And she did say in the article she’d been browsing Tattle and saw this thread which seems fair enough. 🤷‍♀️

No offence, but my spidey senses are going a tad, you only started posting here after this thread started, how do we know you’re not some Craven journo with a personal grudge or even Vonny yourself? Can’t deny saying the screen grabs so bash the writer’s ability & what she gets paid? Lol. The drama. 😱
I'm not offended at all, just amused at how wonky your spidey sense is. Do my posts sound like Vonny Moyes?
REALLY? Scroll back and have another think.
And no offence to you, but your best pal of a journalist doesn't work in editorial: LW's writing problems don't lie in tabloid stylings; it's the opposite direction. She's seen as ludicrously pretentious, using words and ideas she doesn't fully understand in a vain attempt to impress the superficial.
Another reason why she's so poorly thought of: she uses her columns to plug her own pamphlet publications, books published by her teeny publishing house employers, and her pals. She thinks this had gone unnoticed. It hasn't.
Vonny is an idiot, but honestly - it's a fact so obvious that even a Puddle recognises it.

Now, can we move away from me? I'm flattered by the attention but I'm far more interested in y'all being funny.

I've just double-checked Laura W's Twitter bio as I knew she worked in publishing and I had an idea she'd recently had a book of her own published:

'Author, Exit bloomsburypub UK Publishing Director tramppress Columnist thescotsman Reviews Ed gutter_magazine Lectures Publishing cityunilondon'

That's pretty impressive, no? She can't have all that going on without the mental chops to back it up surely.
Hang on, weren't y'all laughing at Vonny puffing her CV on this very thread? Exit is not a book, it's a pamphlet. Tramp Press are a tiny Irish publishing house run by two people. And hands up who subscribes to Gutter.
Really guys: let's move on

Last edited: