Vonny Leclerc #3 Did ye aye?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I remember thinking how nice it was of Hannah McGill to take time out her busy days of sucking up to Graham Linehan and defending fascist imagery in poetry to write a column about known danger Darren McGarvey. That's feminism I guess!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I watched the BBC documentary about Instagram "wellness influencer" Belle Gibson last night.

She has very strong Vonny energy.

Reactions: 2
Give it a rest. Honestly. Vonnys husband my arse. When I said vonny was a cultural icon I didn't mean it as a compliment - she has risen amongst a culture of chancers who wouldn't say boo to a goose in case scotgov stopped their funding.
I'm not connected to Loki either - it was blatantly obvious he was being given a hard time due to his critique of the snp, which backfired quite badly imho. Laura Waddell was a big part of that, she had him removed from freight (the freight ceo confirmed this) and the saltire awards and just ended up making him look good. It was so well known even Hannah McGill wrote a column about it.
To see Laura dunking on Vonny whilst ascending the higher realms of the SNP with her partner and their carefully crafted personas.... Yuck.
I don't know about you lot, but I don't just get off the narcissm bus at vonnys stop and declare the journey ended - there's plenty more out there.
Whilst I do enjoy these threads it looks as though we have inadvertently put an end to vonnys twitter.
You are a confusing and silly person! I have some questions- (leaving aside your confusing off-label use of the term 'cultural icon'

1) you say Vonny's a *cultural icon* because she is the prototype for docile agents of the Scottish govt, feart of having the purse strings tightened-
Can you evidence this at any point? (i.e., when working writing articles for the Guardian, did she receive funding from ScotGov? Was her position at the BBC (an institution not necisarrily predisposed to friendliness with the Scottish govt) contingent on positive coverage of the Scottish government? What makes Vonny unique in writing for the National, as opposed to the very many other writers who write for it?
More interestingly- in what way is Vonny's behaviour mimicked by others in order to secure or retain Scottish govt funding?

2) What-specifically- is the evidence that Loki has been given 'a hard time' because of his criticism of the SNP vs his somewhat sketchy comments on domestic violence, and his dodgy documentary that was seen by some as apologia for domestic abuse. athousandflowers.net were fiercely critical of him, despite being no close friends of the SNP, Scottish Women's Aid called his documentary "an opportunity bitterly wasted". Are they in league with SNP too? How do you explain the ascendancy of the Scottish Greens, despite the fact they are explicitly and vocally critical of SNP policies?

3) Do you know what the word "Narcissism" means? (Hint: it is not "Is a part of my paranoid SNP conspiracy"). This isn't a public service what we do on this website- we are not brave defenders of justice, ready to hunt down every iffy columnist and op-ed writer with our barbed comments and funny posts. We're here to gossip about how weird and awful Vonny can be, Laura Waddell is frankly not that interesting. Even if we were, why is it that you're only targeting women journalists and backing up a male one? Where is your crusade against the Dan Hodges of the world, the sycophants for the UK government, the Piers Morgans, Alastair Campbells and all the goblins that write for the Daily Mail and the Sun? Seems pretty Sus to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I watched the BBC documentary about Instagram "wellness influencer" Belle Gibson last night.

She has very strong Vonny energy.
Totally agree. And just shows how dangerous these individuals can be, particularly when they have a large online following.

Re the sgt serenity v others thing: there is an impenetrable level of Scottish media gossip in there that I have no idea about as I don’t have Twitter, but to be honest it seems as if partisanship (both pro/anti SNP) is really getting in the way of a fair dialogue here.

As hilarious as I think it is to even ironically label Vonny as iconic, I’m not really seeing any sycophancy there or anything about the comments that make them particularly outrageous or beyond the range of opinions that has been expressed previously in the threads - feels a bit of an unnecessary pile on at this point.

At any rate, we’re all supposed to be enjoying wacky tails about Von Vons, so dragging every disagreeable political character into the fray doesn’t seem that relevant and also seems to presuppose that this thread is based on a particular political persuasion rather than shared confusion/concern/amusement about Vonnys fantastical CV

Reactions: 15
"It was so well known even Hannah McGill wrote a column about it" is legitimately the funniest sentence I've ever heard

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I have absolutely no idea what's going on on this thread anymore, but it's hilarious!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm not connected to Loki either - it was blatantly obvious he was being given a hard time due to his critique of the snp, which backfired quite badly imho. Laura Waddell was a big part of that, she had him removed from freight (the freight ceo confirmed this) and the saltire awards and just ended up making him look good. It was so well known even Hannah McGill wrote a column about it.
More likely to have been the domestic abuse https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-herald-on-sunday/20161002/281981787084017

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Welp, only just noticed that @sgtserenity's profile pic is Kevin Williamson commemorating the Scottish people who died of Covid last year. Which seems like a pretty weird picture to choose if you don't like Kevin Williamson. And also a pretty weird picture to choose if you ARE Kevin Williamson. Scotland is a strange and silly village.

I think we all need Vonny to do something ridiculous again to lighten the mood. Where are you when we need you V??

Welp, only just noticed that @sgtserenity's profile pic is Kevin Williamson commemorating the Scottish people who died of Covid last year. Which seems like a pretty weird picture to choose if you don't like Kevin Williamson. And also a pretty weird picture to choose if you ARE Kevin Williamson. Scotland is a strange and silly village.

I think we all need Vonny to do something ridiculous again to lighten the mood. Where are you when we need you V??
Ah I had the wrong end of the stick, it was a protest against drug deaths not covid deaths, too late to edit post

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2

Ah I had the wrong end of the stick, it was a protest against drug deaths not covid deaths, too late to edit post
I wonder if it *is* Kevin Williamson, or possibly someone from Edinburgh's "recovery community" - that community is mostly made up of genuine people wishing to support each other but has a limited number of damaging egotistical personalities also.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised Vonny hasn't appropriated addiction at some point.

Given V's continuing silence, I wonder if we should do a textual analysis of her "journalism"?

Things have slowed down on Vonny Tattle, so here are notes I took from the TDOV video featuring Vonny: #TransDayOfVisibility Livestream part 1: Vonny LeClerc - YouTube

Numerous Vonnys were present, including:

0:19 – Journalist Vonny
0:30 – Masculine presenting Vonny
0:47 – Grew up in a religious background Vonny
1:00 – RadFem Vonny
1:24 – Non-binary, fem presenting person
1:30 – Making up for lost time promoting trans visitility
3:20 – Radicalised into a cult Vonny
3:40 – Escaped from RadFem Vonny
4:10 – My gender identity was policed by my family Vonny
6:50 – Anti-semitism in the Labour party led to me ESCAPING RadFem Vonny
7:20 – Sex working single mum Vonny
7:50 – Shamed for being a sex worker Vonny
8:10 – Working class Vonny
8:15 – Manchester Vonny, Paisley Vonny
9:10 – Intersectional Vonny
20:31 – Asperger’s Vonny (mildly, apparently)
22:30 – Dogpiled by Glinner Vonny
23:00 – Glinner’s family call him “mental” Vonny
24:30 – I left the BBC – duck THEM! Vonny
24:45 – I complained to the BBC ABOUT the BBC Vonny
27:40 – Sanitary towels are CAPITALISM and cis-women should get them for free anyway Vonny
28:00 – I’m free from the BBC so I am finally FREE to be pro trans-rights Vonny
28:40 – Criticising Wings Over Scotland Vonny
31:30 – Interrupted by child Vonny?
32:55 – Looking forward to being able to drink beer again Vonny (why wasn’t she able to?)
34:00 – Got Covid Vonny
34:15 – Went to meet her “new team” despite having Covid
34:30 – Caught tonsillitis as well as Covid, and also has asthma Vonny
35:00 – Former runner Vonny
35:15 – Yoga three times a day Vonny
35:45 – Ran out of Jewish salt Vonny

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Coming up Calton Road to Leith Street in Edinburgh (presumably from the station), was fleeting so can't be sure.

Reactions: 1
I guess sex work came after this time period. She references 3 kids in the article, but later had a fourth. She was definitely a web cam girl after that.

Reactions: 1