Vonny Leclerc #3 Did ye aye?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This dude is kind of a bit long-winded but I’m sure over the course of these 3 threads we’ve found examples of all/almost all of these tactics

Reactions: 2
I hadn't checked in on the last thread since March and hoo boy, bravo everyone for a ride that I didn't think could get any wilder. I am creased at the thought of 17 year old Vonny donning scrubs every morning to convince someone she is actually a doctor.

Just a wild theory, but I have a suspicion that this poster either is, or is connected to, "the scottish rapper". IIRC the digs at Laura W for "having people dropped from book deals" refers to a weird attack he made on her on twitter years ago saying she was personally responsible for him not getting a book deal with a publisher, it wasn't even that long before he ended up getting a book deal elsewhere - it came off really entitled that he felt he was owed a response to every pitch. Think some of it was deleted but some tweets remain. And the obsession with having people 'prove' their class credentials bc he thinks he is the only working class person in existence, and he certainly has behaved over the years in a way that suggests he thinks it's impossible for anyone who's not a straight white man to actually be working class. I mind he wasn't a big fan of Vonny at one stage either, they had a fall out (plus he REALLY hated National Collective) and I think he made a video or a twitter thread screaming about her, but then they made up I'm sure. Grift recognise grift I guess. Just saying 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I hadn't checked in on the last thread since March and hoo boy, bravo everyone for a ride that I didn't think could get any wilder. I am creased at the thought of 17 year old Vonny donning scrubs every morning to convince someone she is actually a doctor.

Just a wild theory, but I have a suspicion that this poster either is, or is connected to, "the scottish rapper". IIRC the digs at Laura W for "having people dropped from book deals" refers to a weird attack he made on her on twitter years ago saying she was personally responsible for him not getting a book deal with a publisher, it wasn't even that long before he ended up getting a book deal elsewhere - it came off really entitled that he felt he was owed a response to every pitch. Think some of it was deleted but some tweets remain. And the obsession with having people 'prove' their class credentials bc he thinks he is the only working class person in existence, and he certainly has behaved over the years in a way that suggests he thinks it's impossible for anyone who's not a straight white man to actually be working class. I mind he wasn't a big fan of Vonny at one stage either, they had a fall out (plus he REALLY hated National Collective) and I think he made a video or a twitter thread screaming about her, but then they made up I'm sure. Grift recognise grift I guess. Just saying 🤷‍♀️
Bloody hell, it would be a bit of a coincidence if it's not him, looking at those tweets! Fantastic detective work, I tip my hat to you

Reactions: 11
I think you're bang on there!
It's got to be him...

Also properly confirmed that V knows about this.
Though, once again she's managed to spin it as though she's the victim and everyone else on here is the liar. Unbelievable

• Heart
Turns out there was a video and a blog! But I think this was actually the apology possibly. Both deleted, wayback machine is showing me the blog but not the actual text. Oh well! I remember it at the time anyway. Certainly someone with reason to have mixed views about V/ a weird kind of allegiance

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I think you're bang on there!
It's got to be him...

Also properly confirmed that V knows about this.
Though, once again she's managed to spin it as though she's the victim and everyone else on here is the liar. Unbelievable
Wow. Is she going to try and shut us down/sue us all? I’m sure you must wish it was all lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Turns out there was a video and a blog! But I think this was actually the apology possibly. Both deleted, wayback machine is showing me the blog but not the actual text. Oh well! I remember it at the time anyway. Certainly someone with reason to have mixed views about V/ a weird kind of allegiance
completely weird he thought to drop in here and defend her. Was it him that referred to her as a Scottish icon 😆? Bizarre, she wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't know if it's him, seems a bit of a stretch but they're both mad drama hounds so who knows

I can only imagine how many drafts she's typed up trying to figure out how to address this. Dozens, easy

Reactions: 3
OT but it seriously distressed me how the media fawned over Darren (Loki - do *duck* off) who has history of domestic violence and some seriously weird chips on his shoulder.

Freight Books is also a whole other kettle of fish too. I do agree with Dazza that any author published with them had a rough time. Think many of them had to fight for the rights to their own books after that collapsed.

Reactions: 12
Just found this when I Googled Loki and Vonny:

"Vonny Leclerc read an unflinching personal history of puerperal psychosis, contrasting real experiences of mental ill-health, with those who comment on her work using words such as ‘mad’ or ‘hysterical’. The heart-breaking detail of Leclerc’s description of contemplating suicide on a railway station platform, and observations of the NHS mental health ‘beige’ and ‘pastel’ experiences, all culminated in a spine-tingling reclaim of the terms, backed by silenced women of hundreds of years."

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Just found this when I Googled Loki and Vonny:

"Vonny Leclerc read an unflinching personal history of puerperal psychosis, contrasting real experiences of mental ill-health, with those who comment on her work using words such as ‘mad’ or ‘hysterical’. The heart-breaking detail of Leclerc’s description of contemplating suicide on a railway station platform, and observations of the NHS mental health ‘beige’ and ‘pastel’ experiences, all culminated in a spine-tingling reclaim of the terms, backed by silenced women of hundreds of years."
That link's not working for me, but I found it here https://www.mhfestival.com/news/22-...nt-pitch-provocative-powerful-and-challenging. Not sure how Vonny can be "backed by silenced women of hundreds of years", though given her appropriation of everything and anything it's hardly surprising she's claiming support from the dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Her article on post partum psychosis refers to being accused of feigning illness and also making her baby ill for attention. So disturbing given her reputation.
She also explicitly said in the comments that she was investigated for Munchausen by proxy https://tattle.life/threads/vonny-leclerc.11419/page-6#post-2976796
ETA The last sentence of the comment in question - "They were too buys (sic) looking at the baby" - is extremely 🚩🚩🚩

Last edited:
  • Wow
I'd say she's been fairly lucky to parlay whatever the duck is wrong with her into paid articles and telly programmes commissioned by seemingly wholly credulous commissioning editors.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'd say she's been fairly lucky to parlay whatever the duck is wrong with her into paid articles and telly programmes commissioned by seemingly wholly credulous commissioning editors.
There was the “sex for rent” story, which she claimed was hers and she threw a strop that the media were running with “her” story. Er….now I am no journo, but even I had been aware of that story/scandal and it predated her taking it up. Her spin on it was writing about it happening “in Scotland”, which hardly made it her story!

To clarify, sleazy guys were advertising on Craigslist and effectively they were offering a room in return for sex.

Reactions: 6
There was the “sex for rent” story, which she claimed was hers and she threw a strop that the media were running with “her” story. Er….now I am no journo, but even I had been aware of that story/scandal and it predated her taking it up. Her spin on it was writing about it happening “in Scotland”, which hardly made it her story!

To clarify, sleazy guys were advertising on Craigslist and effectively they were offering a room in return for sex.
I'm fairly sure it had even been reported on with the Scottish perspective (perhaps in the Evening Times) before she did a column about it, but of course she said she broke the story.

Im going to say I think it’s pretty unlikely that Darren Mcgarvey is lurking about on here . I know he’s on twitter a lot but this doesn’t really strike me as his style.