Vonny Leclerc #3 Did ye aye?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think 'loved in Aberdeen' simply means she dated someone from Aberdeen? Which she's using as an example of how, like, well-travelled she is or something (it's very hard to parse the purple prose).

Reactions: 7
The horrible, bad part of me kind of wishes we were still being treated to some Vonny content on social media. But mostly I hope this thread (surely she's aware of it) has been a wake up call for her and she's getting the help she deserves and changing her life. I sincerely believe she has a lot to offer the world and her authentic self - whoever that may be - is enough.

Reactions: 8
She’s intelligent and resourceful and if it wasn’t for her continually changing back stories and reinvention of her current self I am sure she could be happier/more content. I do hope she’s aware of these threads and has reconsidered how she comes across.

Reactions: 2
Maybe controversial opinion, but I don’t find Vonny to be that intelligent. Of course I’m sure she is in terms of IQ, and I guess bright academically (you’d hope so after her experience in the academy) but I’ve always though her writing is actually quite bad. It’s really unoriginal, often clunky, unfocussed, cringy and doesn’t usually make a very good case for whatever she is arguing for - partly because she really struggles to get past her need to frame all issues through the lense of herself.

I think she’s quite a good manipulator and certainly very adaptable, but while she’s kind of an interesting person psychologically, I don’t think she’s an interesting person intellectually at all because she has no unique perspective and nothing to say that isn’t (badly) ripped off to duck

Reactions: 28
Maybe controversial opinion, but I don’t find Vonny to be that intelligent. Of course I’m sure she is in terms of IQ, and I guess bright academically (you’d hope so after her experience in the academy) but I’ve always though her writing is actually quite bad. It’s really unoriginal, often clunky, unfocussed, cringy and doesn’t usually make a very good case for whatever she is arguing for - partly because she really struggles to get past her need to frame all issues through the lense of herself.

I think she’s quite a good manipulator and certainly very adaptable, but while she’s kind of an interesting person psychologically, I don’t think she’s an interesting person intellectually at all because she has no unique perspective and nothing to say that isn’t (badly) ripped off to duck
This is true actually I’ve never saw it like that before. Think I get wrapped up in Vonnythesaurus and convince myself she’s really intelligent

Reactions: 6
Is anyone else familiar with Belle Gibson? I just watched a documentary on iplayer about her - a cancer faker who built a whole empire as a wellness guru, who was healing herself with food. There’s an interview with her here
The parallels with Vonny are powerful. Cut from the same cloth I reckon.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Is anyone else familiar with Belle Gibson? I just watched a documentary on iplayer about her - a cancer faker who built a whole empire as a wellness guru, who was healing herself with food. There’s an interview with her here
The parallels with Vonny are powerful. Cut from the same cloth I reckon.
Oh yeah, she's infamous in Oz! Her own mum has flat out called her a liar. She said her brother is autistic..he's come out saying he's absolutely not. She lives in the same state as me currently but I've thankfully never seen her in the wild.

• Wow
Reactions: 12

Fair comment that she’s unoriginal. She’s a bit of a magpie, stealing bits of people’s character and their stories to make herself the focus of everything. Any story or cause on social media and she had to be on it and claim spokesperson status.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think it’s controversial to propose that, original thinker or not, it must take some intelligence to synthesise all these new personas. I just wish it was directly differently.

Reactions: 6
Clearly it’s not controversial that it takes some intelligence to take on different personas and profit from that.

However, given how crude and unconvincing those characters are, I think that is more indicative of high propensities towards narcissism and manipulation rather than impressive intelligence - certainly not holistic intelligence. Frankly there are a number of reality stars who have similar self promotion skills but with less pretentious language.

Sometimes people talk about her as if she’s this kind of flawed genius figure, but I’m just not convinced that a reformed Vonny would be living anything other than normal life, because her engineered aesthetics and erratic behaviour (which by themselves are interesting/concerning/entertaining depending how you see it) are the things that makes her stand out.

Basically, I wouldn’t want to be stuck next to her at a dinner party cause I think she’d be tedious as helllll!

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Clearly it’s not controversial that it takes some intelligence to take on different personas and profit from that.

However, given how crude and unconvincing those characters are, I think that is more indicative of high propensities towards narcissism and manipulation rather than impressive intelligence - certainly not holistic intelligence. Frankly there are a number of reality stars who have similar self promotion skills but with less pretentious language.

Sometimes people talk about her as if she’s this kind of flawed genius figure, but I’m just not convinced that a reformed Vonny would be living anything other than normal life, because her engineered aesthetics and erratic behaviour (which by themselves are interesting/concerning/entertaining depending how you see it) are the things that makes her stand out.

Basically, I wouldn’t want to be stuck next to her at a dinner party cause I think she’d be tedious as helllll!
You've nailed it

Reactions: 5

I mean, I fully agree, I think what I mean personally when I say she's not dumb or whatever is that she doesn't NEED to do all these weird persona changes or whatever else- yes her writing isn't the best in the world, and at times more than a little clunky, but that's the life of an average person doing average writing.

Like, I could maybe have more of an understanding of her behaviour if she was incapable of 'average achievement', and felt she had to big herself up to cover that source of insecurity, but she doesn't, yeah, she's certainly not some kind of savant, but she's certainly capable of mediocrity (and what's so wrong with being mediocre anyway?).

if she picked one single thing to focus on, and dedicate herself to for a significant portion of time, she'd probably be capable of being notable in that thing, but this is true of the vast majority of the population- just those of us that don't either lack the means or motivation.

tl;dr, yeah, she's not the smartest person in the room, but she's not dumb enough to excuse the weirdo nonsense either 🤷‍♀️

Perhaps she was considered a good or decent writer as a teen but her ego / lack of self awareness and self examination has not allowed to her develop or take any feedback on board so she’s more or less stuck there.

All good writers read a lot and when you are wowed by something you examine it closely and spend time breaking down how that writer achieved it and how you might adapt it to achieve the same impact but in your own way. Slowly you gain new writing techniques and make them your own.

I don’t believe vonny’s precious ego would allow this process - or at least not passed the point of surface level mimicry.

Perhaps she was considered a good or decent writer as a teen but her ego / lack of self awareness and self examination has not allowed to her develop or take any feedback on board so she’s more or less stuck there.

All good writers read a lot and when you are wowed by something you examine it closely and spend time breaking down how that writer achieved it and how you might adapt it to achieve the same impact but in your own way. Slowly you gain new writing techniques and make them your own.

I don’t believe vonny’s precious ego would allow this process - or at least not passed the point of surface level mimicry.
To the best of my knowledge there was no writing prodigy time in her teens. She certainly wasn't a massive reader either. These have all been constructs that have appeared as required. She isn't intelligent either, she has a mental illness and preps for encounters she is about to enter into. It's like that joke about two guys in the jungle and they see a tiger, one kneels down and starts to change his shoes for trainers. Thw other guy says you'll never outrun a lion, to which the trainer guys says "I just have to outrun you". Staying one step ahead is all that's required, and that just requires prep, not intelligence. She won't debate you face to face, ever. It's only ever in writing, so she has time to construct the perfect sounding retort, and has the chance to research it and talk as if its her own idea. It's not clever, it's Machiavellian

• Heart
Reactions: 25

But she read well over 72 books in just 3 seasons?

I genuinely don't think she's capable of writing anything that isn't centred on her own invented experiences.

Dougie has an almost crazed innocence when compared to her. "Be nice, remember names, understand booking hotels, and have a driving license, and, too, could maybe have a low status job in the music industry." His CV given the Vonny editing experience would probably have included inventing at least one popular musical genre, having had a successful playing career, and overhauled the touring experiences of a once redundant but now thriving household name band.

Dougie, go give him his due, either isn't a bullshitter, or else his station in life is so modest that tour managing the Dead Kennedys (moderate kudos tbf) seems unobtainably grand.

To the best of my knowledge there was no writing prodigy time in her teens. She certainly wasn't a massive reader either. These have all been constructs that have appeared as required. She isn't intelligent either, she has a mental illness and preps for encounters she is about to enter into. It's like that joke about two guys in the jungle and they see a tiger, one kneels down and starts to change his shoes for trainers. Thw other guy says you'll never outrun a lion, to which the trainer guys says "I just have to outrun you". Staying one step ahead is all that's required, and that just requires prep, not intelligence. She won't debate you face to face, ever. It's only ever in writing, so she has time to construct the perfect sounding retort, and has the chance to research it and talk as if its her own idea. It's not clever, it's Machiavellian
She has a degree of innate cunning, I think. I think her intellect is like her looks: above average, but not remotely exceptional, but can be portrayed a certain way to appear striking.

I do wonder where on earth she got her IT experience from. I know people that met her at the FC.

• Heart
This is why twitter was the perfect platform for her, too. She could pick some low-hanging fruit in the shape of an idiotic, 5-follower account and dazzle us all with displays of her intellect in 'owning' him, while she'd very quickly block anyone attempting to question her even semi-intelligently. She'd dance around things, too, in her retorts, she's very good at saying things without actually *saying* anything, if you know what I mean. That's the issue in her columns as well, just lots of ~language~ to try to distract is from the utter emptiness behind it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
But she read well over 72 books in just 3 seasons?

I genuinely don't think she's capable of writing anything that isn't centred on her own invented experiences.

Dougie has an almost crazed innocence when compared to her. "Be nice, remember names, understand booking hotels, and have a driving license, and, too, could maybe have a low status job in the music industry." His CV given the Vonny editing experience would probably have included inventing at least one popular musical genre, having had a successful playing career, and overhauled the touring experiences of a once redundant but now thriving household name band.

Dougie, go give him his due, either isn't a bullshitter, or else his station in life is so modest that tour managing the Dead Kennedys (moderate kudos tbf) seems unobtainably grand.

She has a degree of innate cunning, I think. I think her intellect is like her looks: above average, but not remotely exceptional, but can be portrayed a certain way to appear striking.

I do wonder where on earth she got her IT experience from. I know people that met her at the FC.
what's "the FC"?