Volodymyr Zelenskyy the President of Ukraine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only way they'll win in is if they go full nuclear, then I'd venture to say no one wins.
I understand what @Pinotsgoats is try to convey; that Z is a doomed martyr regardless based on history's lessons.
That's a bit myopic IMHO. The kill squad failed and Ukraine is still standing... "It's not over until you-know-who-sings" as we like to say on That Other Thread.

If we survive WW3 that's a lucrative idea; let's start sewing! 😹🤪
I hope you're right - I'm just a bit depressed by it all (it's triggering some very painful memories), and I have Jewish family who are grimly fatalistic about all this.

I am amazed that the knitting world hasn't come up with a Zelenskyy plushie or crochet model.

Edit: ffs. I've just found a pattern for a pair of pro-Ukraine mittens. Might have to get some blue and yellow wool this weekend.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I hope you're right - I'm just a bit depressed by it all (it's triggering some very painful memories), and I have Jewish family who are grimly fatalistic about all this.

I am amazed that the knitting world hasn't come up with a Zelenskyy plushie or crochet model.

Edit: ffs. I've just found a pattern for a pair of pro-Ukraine mittens. Might have to get some blue and yellow wool this weekend.
I feel you. I'm Jewish atheist much like Zelensky so yeah, Never Again. 😘 I'm also half Japanese and the Japanese American family across the street were interned in a camp during WW2. None of this is good; it's heartbreaking. All this for one crazy egotistical madman just history repeating itself. It always does.

• Heart
Heartbreaking to watch, but his resolve is incredible. And showing true strength, not the alpha male macho nonsense of so many business and world leaders

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
The minute that Zelensky told Biden that he could stick his “ride” I fell in love. Such loyalty to his people. Such bravery when it would be so easy for him to walk. Love him.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Anyone have a link to the outakes from his knob playing the piano? Asking for a friend 😅
There are a few do you want the Hava Nagila or the other one? Since I am a Jewtheist here ya go:

Those dudes are the same ones as in the bondage dance video.

I've been watching Russian soldiers on TikTok. There are hundreds of videos;
Boys on cel phones either documenting the lies they were told or the atrocities they were asked to perform; basically the whole myriad of war horrors.
This is miraculous; technology may be as significant in changing the tide of this war as much as any other military hardware. It's more powerful than a bomb; it's a cluster of information that previous times were hidden behind walls of propaganda .

Keyboard warriors unite for freedom and peace 🙌 🙏 ✌
What Anonymous is doing is massive; they've got Russian hackers too. If we can hack into their tit they are TOAST.

bleeping Ankles didn't count on things like Gen Z; the kids are helping win this.
Let's get the world's most powerful Army on them; the BTS Army. They helped duck Trump; make no mistake they will bleeping join in and then watch the chaos they create.
We Gen Xers raised these Gen Z and the good ones are brilliant.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I saw the posts branding this thread “distasteful.” I’ll be honest, I started this thread because there was a lot of talk of President Zelenskyy on the main war thread which could be seen as derailing/taking away from the serious tone of the original thread. So I figured people should have their own space to show their appreciation of him. It’s not simply about “fancying” him (I know many people have said that they do). It’s about sharing our respect for him and I don’t believe that’s distasteful at all. Some people need humour as a coping mechanism during scary times - I am one of them. I’m not laughing at President Zelenskyy and I don’t think anyone else is either; I have the utmost respect for him and know that should the worst happen then the jokes will cease and there will be an outpouring of grief on this thread for such a brave man. 💙💛
He and the Klitschko brothers are doing an excellent job media-wise with their social media and Instagram videos. And all 3 are top of the Russian 'hit list'. The fact that the Klitschko's have a world-wide audience anyway, is bringing more attention to what the Russian's are doing to the people of the Ukraine.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I caught an interview with him on CNN last night where he was speaking perfect English, not sure if it was filmed before or after the invasion because I missed the start of it. But he speaks perfect, fluent English!
Good to know thanks, I won't have to learn Ukrainian now to converse with my future husband (once he's divorced)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Zelensky is like the male lead character from a Hollywood action movie.

I actually think they will make a movie about him.

• Heart
Zelensky is like the male lead character from a Hollywood action movie.

I actually think they will make a movie about him.
There was an article in the New York Post saying fans want Jeremy Renner to play him in a film (it didn't specify if these were fans of Zelenskyy, Renner, or the war itself)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There was an article in the New York Post saying fans want Jeremy Renner to play him in a film (it didn't specify if these were fans of Zelenskyy, Renner, or the war itself)
I had to Google him, they do look alike.

Reactions: 5
I said that Zelensky reminded me of Hawkeye when I first noticed him in that photo with the body armour.

Reactions: 7
Like every other woman in the world I've fallen in love with this man 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Is the Russian businessman a character from Austin Powers? $1 million doesn't seem like much
The rest of the world can chip in a quid each to bump it up a bit, payable after the job has been done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel you. I'm Jewish atheist much like Zelensky so yeah, Never Again. 😘 I'm also half Japanese and the Japanese American family across the street were interned in a camp during WW2. None of this is good; it's heartbreaking. All this for one crazy egotistical madman just history repeating itself. It always does.
I came back to say duck Israel for not sending Mossad and being wet noodles. 🖕
Here's a chance to save him but they've left him for dead. I'm done with them. The world will remember.

Putin, China, Trump & Israel are clearly all in bed together. Now we know the Good Guy is the Bad Guy and the movies are lies; this war confirmed it.

The rest of the world can chip in a quid each to bump it up a bit, payable after the job has been done.
Oh ma gawd. Can we do a Go Fund Me?

Reactions: 6
I saw the posts branding this thread “distasteful.” I’ll be honest, I started this thread because there was a lot of talk of President Zelenskyy on the main war thread which could be seen as derailing/taking away from the serious tone of the original thread. So I figured people should have their own space to show their appreciation of him. It’s not simply about “fancying” him (I know many people have said that they do). It’s about sharing our respect for him and I don’t believe that’s distasteful at all. Some people need humour as a coping mechanism during scary times - I am one of them. I’m not laughing at President Zelenskyy and I don’t think anyone else is either; I have the utmost respect for him and know that should the worst happen then the jokes will cease and there will be an outpouring of grief on this thread for such a brave man. 💙💛
I've been off Tattle all day (just felt very flat and deflated today) but popped on to check notifications etc. I am personally so glad you started this thread and as you said it's not just for thirsting over him, but the respect, admiration and awe so many have for him. In an earlier thread on the Russia Ukraine discussion, I remember writing how I didn't think that there were any stoic leaders in the West to face down Putin. I completely take that back because Zelenskyy has not only given strength, hope morale and rallied the Ukrainians to fight for their land and human dignity, but he has shown the whole world what it truly means to be a leader, to love your people and your country. I don't remember any other leader in recent times being that courageous. No one - as far as I know - has been disrespectful to Zelenskyy and much of what we post on here is light-hearted with the intention to cheer each other up. For those who want to brand this thread as 'distasteful' should stay off it and mind their own business. Life is too short to behave in such a pedantic, finger-wagging manner!

LOL like a global whip round

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.