Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
Ah hang on now.

Joanne's latest story.
I saw this new ghd so I asked Vogue to get me one for free...and she did.

Eh, maybe I dunno... purchase one like the rest of us ??!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I think it should be a pod where they feel free to share whatever shite they want to.. sure the convo doesn’t be long moving on and it’s how we get great one liners. If we go down the road of suppressing certain topics or saying don’t talk about this or then the spontaneity of thought is lost and so is some of the magic. The random brain farts sometimes are what works best. Vogue let’s Joanne talk ad nauseam about whatever she likes and never stops her (but does interrupt a lot) like let her have her few second chat about elf on the shelf ffs. Now where I draw the line is repeating content from one pod to another. That drives me spare.

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
In a 30 minute TV programme there's at least 5 minutes of ads (unless it's the beeb obvs). Honestly, I don't understand how people can moan about adverts when they're getting a free service. Podcasts are free to listen to but still cost money to make and produce. I just fast forward them if they're long and annoying.
I barely notice the ads! Plus they are hardly doing it out of the goodness of their own hearts!
Podcasts have been a life saver for me in the past (I listen to them about 10 hours a day as I hate being alone with my own thoughts 😂) so I happily listen to a few ads if the main content is good. I always try to support Patreons for the smaller podcasts I enjoy too.

• Heart

Flower45

VIP Member
You could apply your "it's no ones business" logic to every single post on tattle.
Of course. It's a Joanne thread tho not Alan's. It's beyond boring speculating if he is working over there. Even worse the passive aggressive "I hope she's ok" posts. She is living her best life!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Sineadmc85

Agree.
genuinely don't understand the comments about vogue like Spencer's status. 99% of people think Spenny is just some rich kid from a reality show, I don't think it's that deep.
Vogue's stepdad totally rivals Spenny's family anyway in regards to wealth (whether she wants to pretend to be relatable or not lol) so the status thing always confuses me, and as an Irish woman I highly doubt a connection to the Royal Family is that important to her.
Maybe if she behaved stuck up id believe she likes the connection but Vogues talking about poo's and pawing herself, on the daily. She's hardly talking the talk! If anything I'd say she's trying to disassociate. She couldn't give a monkeys about the royals and she's right too. And if she was a z lister-nobody I'd be suspicious about the money but she is successful in her own right. Anyway, how much money does a woman need to be worth before it's believed she is with a wealthy man for anything other than his money. Must millionaire men only marry millionaire women? Vice a versa too

• Heart

pommynoir

VIP Member
Lads I think the PA thing was a joke, no?

Also, come on - if he is working remotely… which none of us have confirmation that he’s not. Why would you not go with your partner on all these trips? If my husband got to travel the world with his job, of course I’m gonna go with him. Only place that bollox’s work has taken me to is London.

If he has quit to be her shadow, that’s a whole nother story and def ick central.

fortycoats

Chatty Member
There was music but everyone just got up and started leaving! There wasn’t an extended applause. It was just a small bit flat. But I thought she was great! Was probably the crowd and it wasn’t sold out either.
I was at Vicar St in Dec. Would agree that the show seemed to end abruptly. No one was dancing but she got great applause after it. As you say, different crowds/smaller audiences etc can make a difference and I think weeknights would be less craic than weekends etc.

Re. PJ, I’m a HUGE fan of his. I think while he’s v respected, he’s hugely underrated in everything he does. I kind of hope himself and Joanne were never involved. I get sibling vibes from them. If I remember correctly they did a documentary together about finding their adoptive parents and he took her under his wing on the comedy circuit. I first saw her supporting PJ.I met PJ a few years back and he’s as genuine in person and he is on radio/tv.

I honestly don’t believe anyone is ever out of anyone else’s league. We’re all equal. Leagues and types are kinda BS in my opinion but I guess we all have our opinions on that.

I can't imagine wanting to go to this tbh. The pod has been on the decline for a while now, aside from the odd ep here and there where they pull it out of the bag. Joanne is over-exposed and the shine of "little old me just living my chaotic life and then the comedy thing just happened" is getting a bit old considering she's hopped on the hashtag ad hashtag spon bandwagon and Vogue's "busy mom" gig is a bit of a one-trick pony. Plus we have it from a few different angles what with MTGM, the Vogue and Spencer pod, the TV reality series they did etc.

• Heart

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
I will defo give it a listen, thanks.
I think its great he doesn't drink, and can tell how much he loves his wife , children and the family life instead of drinking , it really comes across naturally on the podcast. Just wasn't sure if there was a problem in the back story.
Personally speaking, I get the impression that he is only really coming to terms with the fact that he was an alcoholic in recent years and is slowly opening up about it.

I'm a big Spencer fan

Twintwin

Chatty Member
I think Joanne is looking very overdone. No one else? Don't get me wrong her make up and everything was lovely but shes giving me Erin McGregor vibes in her last pic. Her cheeks have so much filler in them.

Last edited:

Carapop

VIP Member
I had a very negative experience in Therapie where the level of up-selling attempted by the doc would have been enough to drive a more vulnerable individual into bankruptcy. I went in for Botox and he tried to convince me to get cheek and chin fillers too, along with a host of other procedures, highlighting everything that was apparently so wrong with my face according to the magic golden ratio.

so I boycotted them for years. But then dr Camila came highly recommended by a friend and I loved her. I asked for a little lip filler and she refused because my lips were in perfect proportion.

• Wow
  • Angry

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I never liked her on her Instagram I’ve always found her a bit try hard and unfunny. To me she truly shines when in conversation with people just chatting about her life not even trying to shoehorn a joke in

ChrisInghamsBeanie

Chatty Member
The christening thing was just horrible. I would be so disappointed if she was my friend.

I'm wondering though... does she put on an act of sorts ? The mimosas... being chaotic.
Don't get me wrong, she IS chaotic, but sometimes i feel she hams it up because it's her brand? Her usp?
She has said a few times that her agents were worried now she was in a relationship that she wouldn't be relatable so I wonder is there some exaggeration there to just keep up the scatty life??
Definitely a possibility she exaggerates for comedic effect but there's something there I feel.

She went on holidays alone to an all inclusive resort. Seemed a strange choice for someone in recovery.

She's very thin yet she's constantly posting booze and gross train station sandwiches .

Even all the cosmetic work lately, points to someone still not happy with themselves.

I think the chaos of life on the road and the almost-overnight take off of her career must be a lot to take in.

I really hope shes ok and well and Im big fan. But I don't think her demons are completely in her past anyway.

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Una has posted a story saying “the muzzle is off” so I’m guessing she’s about to speak about thruplegate!

• Wow

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
I'd love to see Joanne do some writing for a TV series once she takes a break from gigging , she could definitely follow in the footsteps of Sharon Horgan

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Yeah Joanne was laughing the hardest at her ownjokes, tough crowd 😂 even Ryan didn't like the Facist comment.
Joanne seemed to try a bit too hard tonight, especially at the end. I prefer when she is just being herself and having a chat.

I hope they both go out after it though and have a ball
She is at her best when she’s just having a conversation with someone. The humour falls naturally with her that way. She can talk about any topic at random and that’s what I love about her. The forced, turned on comedy style does nothing for me. She’s a really interesting person but when I see her on chat shows I always think if I didn’t already know her I wouldn’t like her, if that makes sense