Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dinoboat

Pretty sure she lives in his house that he owns, he drives her to gigs and to/from airport all the time in his car and she’s spoken before about how it’s so nice to be in a relationship with someone who pays their way so it doesn’t seem to be a gold digger situation at all to me! Prob not fair to say he forced her to buy an audi either?! His car with the cream interiors that she’s had on her Insta before looks like a way nicer car than that anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Lady_Tabitha

VIP Member
I think the dress is tacky but she looks incredible in it. She doesn’t need to show off so much flesh. I’d say Spennys family are mortified by her.
Not at all.

I'd love a daughter in law like her - she's beautiful and a good mum and seems like good craic!

fortycoats

Chatty Member
Ment to post this last week and forgot😅

Joanne's joke about pretending she had thrush so she didn't have to have sex with Alan was just unfunny.

Such an obvious joke. Thought Joanne was funnier than that. She told it at the live pod too. Vogue regularly jokes about trying to get out of sex so we've heard the joke before.

Also... I don't believe for a second that they "forget" the email address every god dam week
I totally agree. The way they talk about sex is completely archaic. As though women should be at their partner’s beck and call and they dutifully have sex to keep them interested. Maybe they genuinely believe both men will roam if they’re not available whenever they want them, maybe they see it as content. Maybe they think it’s funny but it comes across as a bit pathetic really. Along with comparing how drunk they’ve been on their nights out.

If you want to drink, drink. If you don’t want sex, don’t have sex. But the constant references to both comes across like the conversation of two 16 yr olds having a sneaky smoke on their lunch break at school. They’re both hugely successful women with far more than that to offer. But I do feel they’re running out of material at this stage 🤷🏻‍♀️

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
I was very late to the pod, only started it about 8/9 months ago. I devoured every one. Then listened to other pods Joanne was on. Then listened to Spencer and Vogue. Then went to see Joanne in Vicar Street twice.

I am a big big fan. I know her comedy style isn't for everyone but I love it.
Then I started following her on insta and following the thread here. This is where it gets a bit murky for me. I wish I never followed her on insta and following along here. You start to see things differently, and questioning things when you read other people's opinions.
It's a bit like the saying "never meet your heros"

She is a very talented lady no doubt about it and deserves all her sucess. But as said above, the beggy insta hun shite just doesn't sit well with me at all. Surely at this stage she earns enough to pay for her own stuff.

The time she put up a beg on insta asking someone to come to Vicar Street to do her nails was the ultimate cringe for me 😒

• Heart

Flower45

VIP Member
Even if he did, she ll stick with him. Nothing gets in the way of Vogue and loads of cash.
Couldn't disagree with you more. She is loaded in her own right and don't think she would stick with a cheater she has some pride.

ellieb123_xo

VIP Member
I think it picks up your location.
However, there is a Pret on Dawson Street .

As for Alan, he's just one big ick
There’s also a new Pret by Harcourt Luas Stop, where crawdaddy used to be. Getting an organic porridge pot where you used to be getting triple vodkas, how times have changed.

• Haha

FionaHiggs

I’m bored of the podcast now, novelty has worn off and regret buying those 3arena tickets now. 🫤

Reactions: 17

Loladee

He’s in sales. It’s easily findable on LinkedIn
That LinkedIn hasn’t been updated in a while.. his current job status is Joanne’s PA. With him it’s fur coat and no knickers.. he’s living off her. I hope she doesn’t get screwed over by him..

• Wow
  • Haha

cee-bee

VIP Member
The trouble is, Spencer Matthews is a misogynist. It was obvious on MIC. He never truly examined or atoned for his behaviour, or the way he treated women.

he might love Vogue. Maybe because she’s a big personality in her own right, and comes from money herself so she’s on a level with him, he thought she’d be able to keep him on the straight and narrow.

except no one can keep someone else on the straight and narrow. And loving someone isn’t the same as respecting them on a fundamental level. And it’s respect for someone that means you don’t cheat. Respect and empathy. And Spencer has very little of either. On the Celebrity Pysch test he demonstrated very little empathy. To the extent that he was aware of it himself, and worried he’d be a psychopath.

as entertaining as it was at the time, Spencer was exceptionally cruel to women in his life. Telling Louise he hoped she’d go home and cry. He referred to cheating on Lucy "as meaningful as going to the bar and ordering another drink."

Dolly Alderton was a story producer on MIC in the earlier years of the show (season 2-5). I haven’t read her book, but on the TV show Everything I Know About Love features a MICesque show and it is closely based on Dolly’s experience of living in London (she wrote the screenplay too I believe).

what I find interesting, is that EIKAL has a character that is very obviously Spencer. He’s charming; but manipulative and weary of being portrayed as a villain. He manipulates and betrays Hannah/Dolly. Because it’s a character technically, I think it allowed Dolly to be quite frank about her assessment of Spencer.

I obviously can’t do a pysch assessment on spenny or why he is the way he is. He says he had a good upbringing but didn’t have an emotional family, and he underwent trauma in childhood when his brother died on Everest. But there isn’t much room for debate - Spencer has very little empathy by his own admission and has little regret or hesitation to cheat. Add alcohol or drugs and it’s not a good combination I’m afraid.

• Heart

Glamgal01

Bores me to tears and gives pick me vibes when vogue bangs on every 5 mins about Spencer hounding her for sex constantly

dinoboat

Definitely don’t begrudge her a free holiday if it is gifted! The amount of free entertainment and joy she provides via the pod and Instagram etc she can have has many freebies as she likes as far as I’m concerned. 🥰

ChrisInghamsBeanie

Chatty Member
I'm hoping I'm just in a funny mood today but is anyone slightly worried about Joanne?
I can't explain it, I'm just getting a worrying vibe from her
No, definitely a sense she's off the rails.

Like today, the mimosas she bought Gearoid, and he refused his coz it was too early in the day so she drank both "as a joke".

At some point the day drinking isn't funny its concerning. Missing the christening while sitting in a wine bar. A lot of coke like carry on.

Wouldn't be surprised if her ED demons are back too.

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
This thread has taken a weird turn ( I am aware I am contributing 😅)

Can we all agree Joanne was a ride then and a ride now ?

I'm a huge fan of hers, but regardless I hate when threads decend in picking a fellow woman apart ❤

• Heart

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
Does anyone remember one of the earlier pods. Joanne said her agent was looking around hotels in Cork for her and one hotel said they didn't want her staying there.
I'd LOVE to know what hotel it was. Say they are kicking themselves now

• Heart

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
ach I’m done. The business class champagne post did it. Snapping photos like a white saviour one minute and on the beg for Dubai freebies the next. I don’t begrudge anyone success but it’s all so blaggy and naff. Good luck to her. Never thought I’d say Vogue was the down to earth one 🤣

• Heart

Annie94

is it me or has anyone gone off Joanne. she just seems less genuine these days and her being funny seems less relatable?

• Heart