Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was brilliant! Vogue is absolutely stunning in person (so is Joanne, but I've seen her in person before so I knew what to expect lol), I'd really recommend it!

Reactions: 3
I thought it was brilliant! Vogue is absolutely stunning in person (so is Joanne, but I've seen her in person before so I knew what to expect lol), I'd really recommend it!
Ah look I hope I didn't put anyone off with my review, I was just giving me honest opinion. I did enjoy it, just found some bits repetitive.

Also to note I have listened to the pods more than once. If I'm pottering around cleaning or something I might stick an old one on so maybe if you are a normal person and don't listen to things on repeat like me it might be funnier 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I thought that was funny.

I took it as a joke at Joanne's mams expense. She got the concept of the pilot totally wrong.

What I think the show would really benefit from is audience interaction.
Someone did mention this previously and I've seen it done before, I think it was Michael Mc Intyre.
Get people to write done icks, or embarrassing moments on the way in. Or, have a text or an email address to send them in. Live listener emails if you will.
That would be great fun.
Think it was me, That would be amazing, I know Vogue might feel a bit out of her depth but Joanne could lead it

Reactions: 2
Just listening to today's pod, the person who skipped the queue at the baftas was Gerry Halliwell she said it last night 😅

Also, Joe's wife had her baby yesterday 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ah look I hope I didn't put anyone off with my review, I was just giving me honest opinion. I did enjoy it, just found some bits repetitive.

Also to note I have listened to the pods more than once. If I'm pottering around cleaning or something I might stick an old one on so maybe if you are a normal person and don't listen to things on repeat like me it might be funnier 😅
No I think you were right, a lot of it was already done on the pod! But I'm easily pleased 🤣 I feel like the gaiety are the tester shows and it'll be much bigger and better before the end of the year!

are they in the Isle of Man, or Dublin? I thought the Gaitey was Dublin but she’s just tagged IoM. I’ve just given myself a bit of a geography lesson!

are they in the Isle of Man, or Dublin? I thought the Gaitey was Dublin but she’s just tagged IoM. I’ve just given myself a bit of a geography lesson!
Joanne is doing her prosecco show there tonight, the venue name is a coincidence, she mentioned on her stories last week

Reactions: 1
Don't see this format working in the big arenas. They definitely need some audience interaction and a new novel section, something innovative that's never been done before. There was the odd heckler and Joanne shouts "ohhh shut up" . Bit cunty sounding. The crowd were more entertaining than them tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Even regular comedy gigs just don’t work in the 3arena. It’s just too big

Don't see this format working in the big arenas. They definitely need some audience interaction and a new novel section, something innovative that's never been done before. There was the odd heckler and Joanne shouts "ohhh shut up" . Bit cunty sounding. The crowd were more entertaining than them tbh.
I'd expect more than oh shut up from a professional comedian.

Reactions: 3
It’s my friend’s birthday today. I had an idea to get her tickets for the Ghosted event in 3Arena in December. I’ve made it as far as the checkout stage, hovering over “buy now”, but tickets work out at €77 each, including booking fee. It’s crazy money for a podcast, FFS. I think I’ll get her tickets to a music show instead, for 40% cheaper and in a more intimate venue.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
It’s my friend’s birthday today. I had an idea to get her tickets for the Ghosted event in 3Arena in December. I’ve made it as far as the checkout stage, hovering over “buy now”, but tickets work out at €77 each, including booking fee. It’s crazy money for a podcast, FFS. I think I’ll get her tickets to a music show instead, for 40% cheaper and in a more intimate venue.
It’s an insane price to listen to two of them just talking for 50 minutes.

Reactions: 9
77?? Oh my god …why are they so expensive? I get that Joanne is funny but Vogue barely has a personality!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
These high prices are probably because they are in such large venues which to a certain extent dictate the ticket prices. It's a pity they are just focusing on Dublin. If they played in smaller venues around the country the ticket prices might be more reasonable. I would have liked to have gone to their show. But between work and family commitments and the prices, neither myself nor any of my friends could justify going to Dublin for the gig.

I think maybe because I was using a presale code, the app was automatically giving me the best seats, which are the most pricy, and I wasn’t able to change it. But even the lower ones are €67 each.

I would like to go but lately I just feel like I have to be strict with myself- set a price ceiling for things that I’m comfortable with paying, not just pay the inflated prices and then grumble for months about it, and feel ripped off.

For something like this, I’d pay €40-50 absolute max. I think the prices they’re charging are what you’d expect for a gig with much higher costs to produce, like a big musical artist (although I’m sure they’re all €100+ these days 🙄)

Reactions: 7
I think maybe because I was using a presale code, the app was automatically giving me the best seats, which are the most pricy, and I wasn’t able to change it. But even the lower ones are €67 each.

I would like to go but lately I just feel like I have to be strict with myself- set a price ceiling for things that I’m comfortable with paying, not just pay the inflated prices and then grumble for months about it, and feel ripped off.

For something like this, I’d pay €40-50 absolute max. I think the prices they’re charging are what you’d expect for a gig with much higher costs to produce, like a big musical artist (although I’m sure they’re all €100+ these days 🙄)
Tommy Tiernan talking bollox and the 2 norries are all around 40 to 50 for podcast shows. And in similar venues like Vicar St and Cork Opera house. That’s what they should be. €70 they can duck off 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.