Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think maybe because I was using a presale code, the app was automatically giving me the best seats, which are the most pricy, and I wasn’t able to change it. But even the lower ones are €67 each.

I would like to go but lately I just feel like I have to be strict with myself- set a price ceiling for things that I’m comfortable with paying, not just pay the inflated prices and then grumble for months about it, and feel ripped off.

For something like this, I’d pay €40-50 absolute max. I think the prices they’re charging are what you’d expect for a gig with much higher costs to produce, like a big musical artist (although I’m sure they’re all €100+ these days 🙄)
exactly, not a few couches and an inflatable fecking lobster.
Id like to go but no way would I pay over 50, especially when they're only on for an hour. I get its probably due to a larger venue but thats honestly on them for choosing it.

Reactions: 2
exactly, not a few couches and an inflatable fecking lobster.
Id like to go but no way would I pay over 50, especially when they're only on for an hour. I get its probably due to a larger venue but thats honestly on them for choosing it.
It's nothing to do with a larger venue, larger venues are actually more profitable and as others have pointed out, this is not some major international music act with a live band, dancers and other expensive staging - its 2 women chatting with some props. It's all about profit/greed.

I can well afford to go, I'd like to go, but I won't be going, because I refuse to play into their hands and reward blatant price gauging. Selling tickets at that price means they are making an absolute killing, but I won't be funding it personally. I've spoken to friends about this and we all feel the same. We all went to see Joannes show, and were initially interested in the live pod, but were all a bit disgusted when we saw how it was priced and chose not to participate in the madness.

The 2 Johnnies (not my bag, but an interesting comparable for a live podcast) played the 3Arena for €49 and I'm sure made a tidy sum from doing it.

In my opinion, charging any more than €49 is just a rip off and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth towards the pair of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
77! God I don't think I paid that much for the gaiety?? As much as I enjoyed it I wouldn't be paying that much!

Reactions: 2
That’s terrible makes you not want to go and see them as they obviously don’t really care about the fans and just want to make money. I’m going to see them in Glasgow and it was around £34 for my ticket which I think is ok.

Reactions: 4
To be fair they do have #1 podcast so promoters are obviously trying to cash in on that success. 2 performers rather than 1 looking for their cut too!

That’s terrible makes you not want to go and see them as they obviously don’t really care about the fans and just want to make money. I’m going to see them in Glasgow and it was around £34 for my ticket which I think is ok.
I've just checked and tickets are £35.50 which is ok, in and around €40, perfectly reasonable.

Cool that they're happy to rip off their ROI fan base by almost double :mad:

To be fair they do have #1 podcast so promoters are obviously trying to cash in on that success. 2 performers rather than 1 looking for their cut too!
Cashing in but at what cost? Ripping off fans is not a good look, and the above inconcistency between the UK and IRL is gross of them too. Also bands with 5 members can't charge 5x what a solo artist charges, so like tough luck to them. Obviously they've sold a lot of tickets and are clearly getting away with it, but people need to wake up and smell the daylight robbery with this pair.

Reactions: 13
Have they sold out other dates in 3 arena?
I mean between 12 dates in Gaeity theyve hit the capacity of the 3arena or thereabouts so they have the audience, and look at the amount of dates Joanne did in Vicar street and around the country

Cashing in but at what cost? Ripping off fans is not a good look, and the above inconcistency between the UK and IRL is gross of them too. Also bands with 5 members can't charge 5x what a solo artist charges, so like tough luck to them. Obviously they've sold a lot of tickets and are clearly getting away with it, but people need to wake up and smell the daylight robbery with this pair.
[/QUOTE]
Agree, that's what happens with so much in rip off Ireland, we whinge & moan about it but enough people make the purchase & huge profits get made!

Reactions: 6
I listen to the pod. Was a fan of Joanne’s comedy since she was support for PJ Gallagher a few yrs back. Went to Prosecco Express and have tickets for MTGM. I clearly enjoy them but if anyone thinks they’re above going after the money, they’re sadly mistaken. Look at Vogue alone.. flogging tan, clothes, children’s books, 3 podcasts, live shows. She goes where the money is and is not afraid to admit it. I do think that overcharging now will come back to bite them.

To be honest, if I didn’t have my ticket bought already for November, I wouldn’t bother as I kind of find the format quite samey now every week. And a little juvenile constantly comparing how pissed they got at the weekend..

Reactions: 11
Hoping November shows won't just be retelling of pod stories. Going with friends but I would be the bigger fan. Isn't it mad that those most into the pod will get the least out of it. My friends wouldn't be avid listeners and I'd say they're gonna enjoy it more because of that.

See Joanne has rescheduled two of her prosecco shows. Wonder why? Is Vogue getting too greedy and it's affecting Joannes gigs?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Joanne mentioned before you get one good tour and do it to death, Prosecco E has done so well and kudos to her. I’d say it’s a case of get as much in on the MTGM/PE bubble and then onto other things. I was mad into the pod when it started but only check in now as I started to find some stuff repetitive. I’d say that’s a natural case with a lot of podcasts. Joanne and Vogue are gas and have a great pod but overcharging is deffo a way of giving the ick especially when Joannes persona has been about being broke, loves a cheap vino/freebie and wouldn’t be able to spend on certain things etc and a good bit of their content is around that and makes them relatable.

Reactions: 5
Vogue is extremely wealthy though. It wouldn’t bother me if 70% of her stories wasn’t flogging tit to people that they don’t need. That is literally her job though.

I do like her and wouldn’t follow her if she didn’t seem like a decent person who is good craic, but the endless, *endless* plugging of crap is already a bit greedy, I think, and the €77 tickets just add to that being my perception of her.

Ah, she can do what she wants, it’s her job and she clearly makes great money at it, I just think that less is more! Whereas Joanne seems like someone who had relatively normal money worries like the rest of us until fairly recently, with the success of this tour.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.