Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

martaS

VIP Member
Tastier, juicier and more plump. I’ve bought a couple more flavours inc the chorizo so will assess if they’ve changed too. If you think they are greasy, then put them on some kitchen roll before eating.
It's not that, it's more of the general mouth-feel (inside of the sausage/texture). I guess they're just not my cup of tea ;-) Boyfriend liked them though

purple-rain

Finally had the wicked kitchen cauliflower katsu. Flavour was really good, loads of sauce. Felt let down by the texture slightly but Im comparing it to cauliflower katsu curry Ive had in restaurants so its probably not a fair comparison.

Would buy it again but it is £5 which seems steep to me for vegetables and sauce but handy for quickness. Also it was in the £8 meal deal so I got a pudding and side too.

I love the wicked kitchen jam donuts too. Theyre just a nice size imo and the jam inside is lovely.
Which pudding did you end up getting? Thinking of getting the deal but torn over the desserts.

Jc456

VIP Member
I make a combination of mashed chickpeas, ground nori sheets ( dried seaweed used in sushi) chopped red onions some Dijon mustard Mayo (cheap own brand is good enough) a small tin of corn some lemon juice and salt. It’s a vegan imitation of tuna and sweet corn. I eat it in jacket potatoes especially sweet potatoes with coleslaw. Fabulous.
Yum, I've made something similar and it was so good. I want to have a go at coronation chickpeas

Jc456

VIP Member
Tried the co-op gro range version... not great... will give these a go and report back. Noticed Boots do quite a comprehensive range of vegan sandwiches wraps etc in their meal deals.... from the humble cheese and onion sandwich to a gorgeous mushroom and spinach quiche by higgidy.
Tesco had pork pies too.
I think you can get the "pastrami" version in Sainsbury's. I make my own spreads for sandwiches so this is the only area I don't feel like eating the meat replacements but the pastrami looked good. I may cave in if it's on offer again.

As for Morrison's, I haven't tried any of their vegan cheese slices but got some for a vegan friend a couple of years ago (she doesn't have a Morrison's near her) and she loved.
What sandwich fillers do you make? X

dancingqueen5678

Chatty Member
If I am using cans green are fine but red/orange lentils are better if you are cooking from scratch, they take less time to cook. Lots of chilli, cottage pie etc on the net.

Another brilliant one is veganricha. She does use oil but not much and she posted a great gluten free recipe yesterday which I am going to cook tomorrow.
I really dislike red lentils in things that aren't pasta based. I think cause to me red lentils have a flavour that green don't. I have hyper sensitive taste buds though so that is probably not normal 🤣

Jc456

VIP Member
Apparently Aldi is now on Deliveroo, though I can’t find them in my area.
We don't have deliveroo here. They do click and collect though for £4.99, you have to put your order in as soon as you book though and can't amend it

Buffy

Has anyone seen the post that seems to be doing the rounds on Instagram about “Regenuary” ??

It seems to be posted originally by @ethicalbutcher it basically from how I read it says swopping meat for nuts etc is much worse for the environment that eating well raised animals.
As somebody who is doing veganuary with a view to carrying on I’m very conflicted I don’t really know who to believe, anybody got any thoughts?

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for vegan Caesar dressing? Ideally shop bought if there’s a good one, if not, homemade!

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Oh, I haven’t tried the vivera ones! I only got these as someone else was paying 😅 but I would buy them myself in future. I didn’t expect them to be so good even though I burnt them in the air fryer. Maybe try and get them yellow stickered, I got a few boxes of Kiev’s for half price, too.
Are the Kievs nicer than the Sainsburys ones? Really disliked the latter - the texture was so rubbery and there was a weird initial taste. I love the Aldi ones but not seen them in ages🙁