Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just eaten a future farm burger 2030 for dinner, it was so tasty. The most similar I’ve had to a meat burger. I got them in Sainsbury’s, I also picked up the mince so interested to see how it tastes. Has anyone else tried this range?

Reactions: 3
Just eaten a future farm burger 2030 for dinner, it was so tasty. The most similar I’ve had to a meat burger. I got them in Sainsbury’s, I also picked up the mince so interested to see how it tastes. Has anyone else tried this range?
Not me but please keep us posted 🙂

Reactions: 2
Has anyone else tried the Notorious Nooch yet? Never really liked the Marigold(?) one, but this is very finely milled. I had the cheesy one on beans on marmite toast and it was amazing. Going to use the bacon in a carbonara or on some chilli
7AA396CD-E3D7-4F10-B44C-895C4FF459D8.jpeg

My fridge is also 75% sauces atm, can’t stop buying all the condiments 🤣 this is my fave right now, perfect with nuggets:

D7A57ED7-5EF5-4998-99EF-FC9DB34B995A.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Has anyone else tried the Notorious Nooch yet? Never really liked the Marigold(?) one, but this is very finely milled. I had the cheesy one on beans on marmite toast and it was amazing. Going to use the bacon in a carbonara or on some chilli
View attachment 663746
My fridge is also 75% sauces atm, can’t stop buying all the condiments 🤣 this is my fave right now, perfect with nuggets:

View attachment 663750
Is it only available from Amazon ?
I buy own brand from Grape Tree shop and then put it through the grinder.

I need a kick up the bum to get back into better diet habits... recently I've just grabbed anything in the supermarket I can and not bothered checking whether it has dairy/eggs in it :oops: really want to get back to being fully plant based but I just seem to lack discipline at the moment.

They have a website https://notoriousnooch.co/products/both you can get off Amazon and I’m sure it will be in lots of vegan stores 🔜
Thanks for that - where I live I struggle to buy lots of vegan products, Grape Tree is the best thing that happened here.:giggle:

They have a website https://notoriousnooch.co/products/both you can get off Vegan Kind/Amazon and I’m sure it will be in lots of vegan stores 🔜
I went to the website and ordered one of each - got a discount and free postage which made it almost £2 cheaper than Amazon. Thanks again and will let you know what I think to it. ❤

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone has tried the vegan burgers from Denny. I used to love them, but for months, I was trying to figure out why I was so bloated. I have a naturally flat stomach and I couldn't get rid of the bloating. It didn't matter how much water or green tea I drank, I was constantly bloated and my digestive system was struggling. I was exercising, but I was still bloated. A few weeks ago, I was suspecting it had to do with this processed burgers (because even though they're a vegan alternative, they're still processed foods). I stopped eating them and my stomach has returned to normal. I think I'm done with them for good.

• Wow
I don't know if anyone has tried the vegan burgers from Denny. I used to love them, but for months, I was trying to figure out why I was so bloated. I have a naturally flat stomach and I couldn't get rid of the bloating. It didn't matter how much water or green tea I drank, I was constantly bloated and my digestive system was struggling. I was exercising, but I was still bloated. A few weeks ago, I was suspecting it had to do with this processed burgers (because even though they're a vegan alternative, they're still processed foods). I stopped eating them and my stomach has returned to normal. I think I'm done with them for good.
It’s always tricky to pinpoint which foods cause symptoms, but I would agree it’s a good guess - I have the same - haven’t tried the Denny ones, but most meat alternatives give me this feeling 😕 and you’re right they are processed foods. They help me not to eat meat, but I never feel good after eating!

• Sad
I’ve never heard of Denny products. What is in them? Any relation to the chain of Denny restaurants in the States?

Reactions: 1
Greggs release their vegan sausage and bean melt tomorrow. Looking forward as a meat lover to giving it a try. You only live once :D

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Will do. Tried the sausage roll when that came out. Look n texture of it all was spot on but it lacked some flavour. Not tried the steak bake maybe I should.
I have had the sausage roll. It was satisfyingly greasy but indeed could be more flavoursome.

I think they’ve discontinued the steak bake. I’m not excited for the new ones because baked beans are the devil.

I want a vegan cheesy pasty. Or ‘chicken’ and mushroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Had earlier the new Greggs vegan sausage and bean melt and loved it more than the vegan sausage roll when that came out. I love meat but open to trying new things. Bit pricey at 1.60 but plenty of flavour and quite abit of sausage.

• Heart
Had earlier the new Greggs vegan sausage and bean melt and loved it more than the vegan sausage roll when that came out. I love meat but open to trying new things. Bit pricey at 1.60 but plenty of flavour and quite abit of sausage.
From a shop? I tried the vegan sausage roll from a Gregg’s shop before lockdown and thought it was just Ok. Quite dry. Don’t Iceland sell some of their products?

Last edited:
I have the Iceland ones in my freezer. I had totally forgotten! Will cook them and report back.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.