Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this while trying to see what I could do with my tofoo sausages:
Lots of really yummy recipe ideas, some use very specific Tofoo product but others you can easily just use any plain or smoked tofu from any brand.
I love the tofoo brand tofu, it's the best. I like to chunk it up, toss it in oil, salt and nooch and air fry or bake it. So good!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Spotted today in Aldi is organic vegan chocolate - a dark hazelnut one and some rice white ones.

Only tried the dark and tastes good although it's low in cocoa (52%) and not that high in hazelnuts. £1.49 3.5/5
View attachment 514999
I had the white one, it's delicious. Dark one was nice but not the nicest dark chocolate I've ever tried. White vegan choc can be expensive so well done Aldi ☺

Hi everyone! I went fully plant-based a week tomorrow but for the past two days I’ve been getting headaches. I thought I was eating similar before going fully plant-based and I’m drinking the same amount as I always have. Help 😅

I'd just say make sure you are eating enough calories wise as fruits and veggies are much less calories than meats and cheeses

Also it may just be your body adjusting and "de toxing" from pre plant based foods... Say if you ate a certain food quite a bit like cheese - this can trigger headaches because of what's in cheeses for example

I had similar although some people don't experience a change that they notice

On a side note - when I stopped drinking coffee I had 3 weeks of horrible headaches 🙈 then nothing... This is why it could be your body just adjusting and giving you a signal that what it's used to may not be there anymore

Or it could just be you need to eat a bit more ☺ hope they stop soon xx

Just to add.. If you are now eating soy products regulalry and didn't previously this could also be a factor
Thank you so much for your reply! I think you may be right about the calories! I often don’t eat enough and exercise a lot so that’s probably the culprit! It’s crazy how addicted we are to caffeine 😅 Take care Xxx

Last edited:
I bought some Linda McCartney Lincolnshire sausages this week. Hadn’t had any in a long while and they seemed to have changed the recipe for the better. 😊

Reactions: 1
I bought some Linda McCartney Lincolnshire sausages this week. Hadn’t had any in a long while and they seemed to have changed the recipe for the better. 😊
In what way? I have only tried the red onion & rosemary ones and they were way too greasy :-(

In what way? I have only tried the red onion & rosemary ones and they were way too greasy :-(
Tastier, juicier and more plump. I’ve bought a couple more flavours inc the chorizo so will assess if they’ve changed too. If you think they are greasy, then put them on some kitchen roll before eating.

Reactions: 2
Tastier, juicier and more plump. I’ve bought a couple more flavours inc the chorizo so will assess if they’ve changed too. If you think they are greasy, then put them on some kitchen roll before eating.
The chorizo ones are especially heavenly! I put them in hearty winter soups with small star pasta for a warming minestrone.

Unrelated: bought some Morrison's own-brand oat milk last week (instead of the unsweetened) and it was so sugary that I couldn't stomach more than a mouthful. Any advice on how to use it up? Am thinking banana pancakes but worry it'll still be sickly.

Anyone who enjoys the sweetened version of plant-based milks have suggestions?

The chorizo ones are especially heavenly! I put them in hearty winter soups with small star pasta for a warming minestrone.

Unrelated: bought some Morrison's own-brand oat milk last week (instead of the unsweetened) and it was so sugary that I couldn't stomach more than a mouthful. Any advice on how to use it up? Am thinking banana pancakes but worry it'll still be sickly.

Anyone who enjoys the sweetened version of plant-based milks have suggestions?
Do you think that the taste of the chorizo ones have changed? I used to love those.

Re the sweet oat milk, make hot chocolate with cacao as that usually needs sugar adding.

It's not that, it's more of the general mouth-feel (inside of the sausage/texture). I guess they're just not my cup of tea ;-) Boyfriend liked them though

Anyone have any good Nutella spread alternatives? The same for white chocolate? A company I follow makes the most incredible cookies/blondies/brownies so to get my fix I’m going to make them vegan style

Has anyone tried the Gro plant range from the Co-op? I bought the burgers last week and they were the best I’ve tried. Interested to see if there’s anything else worth trying.
a bit late to this but I went to a big co-op today and they had lots more things than my little one.

i got a duck wrap which was nice (but I’ve had that before), the pork pies (nice but a bit dry), the onion and garlic dip (not good, wobbly and tasted of raw onion and garlic, in a burning type way).

also got the sticky toffee puddings and a mushroom noodle ready meal but I haven’t tried them yet.

Anyone have any good Nutella spread alternatives? The same for white chocolate? A company I follow makes the most incredible cookies/blondies/brownies so to get my fix I’m going to make them vegan style
have you tried Vego spread? I think it's decent

• Heart
This one is good, pretty similar. Most supermarkets sell it too.
6210C951-995B-42BC-A568-C0B4A1557625.jpeg

White chocolate, I've never found one I love but sainsburys do a bar that is decent.

• Heart
This one is good, pretty similar. Most supermarkets sell it too.
View attachment 521943

White chocolate, I've never found one I love but sainsburys do a bar that is decent.
I’ve heard of this one! I have mixed feelings about buying it as some websites say it contains palm oil and then some say it doesn’t 😔 I suppose I could melt the chocolate bar and get the same thing? Or that could go terribly wrong 🤣

Hello I’ve been vegetarian and vegan for years previously but stopped due to an e.d. I’m doing better now so I’m changing to vegetarian/vegan for hopefully good now been looking at some products here and it all looks so good. I’m leaning more towards vegan but I will miss Halloumi.
Does anyone remember the alpro mango or passion fruit go on pots? Tried to order one from Asda but they had none 😔

Hello I’ve been vegetarian and vegan for years previously but stopped due to an e.d. I’m doing better now so I’m changing to vegetarian/vegan for hopefully good now been looking at some products here and it all looks so good. I’m leaning more towards vegan but I will miss Halloumi.
Does anyone remember the alpro mango or passion fruit go on pots? Tried to order one from Asda but they had none 😔
They have them on Ocado

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.