Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got some Richmond vegan sausages to have today. Was planning to cook them in the oven. What do other people have with them? I’m out of bread.

Reactions: 2
I’ve got some Richmond vegan sausages to have today. Was planning to cook them in the oven. What do other people have with them? I’m out of bread.
A sausage casserole or throw it into some pasta with tomato sauce! I really enjoy the Richmond sausages.

Reactions: 3
I didn’t know they did mince! I haven’t seen it in my local shop. They only have two types of kebab stuff, bacon, chicken tenders and steak, I think. I will definitely check next time!
They do bbq chicken goujons, kievs, burgers, meatballs, chicken burgers, nuggets and sausages at my Sainsbury's

Mash and beans, or veg

Oh
A sausage casserole or throw it into some pasta with tomato sauce! I really enjoy the Richmond sausages.
I made a tomato sauce with onion and garlic, partially cooked the sausages before adding tomatoes and then finished off sausages. I had some with instant mashed potatoes as I hadn’t eaten breakfast. Will have the rest later or tomorrow with pasta. Very nice, even though I can’t taste much at the moment. Adding some chilli would be a great idea.

Reactions: 4
Ooohhh, I’ll be watching this thread from now on! I class myself as plant based. I am vegetarian mixed with Vegan. I don’t drink cows milk or eat eggs, but I do eat yoghurt and cheese.
any good egg alternatives as I do miss it on smashed avo with lemon and chilli flakes on sourdough 🤤
I’ve tried scrambled tofu, it’s nothing like egg.

• Heart
I tried and hated them! I swear by naked glory burgers from Tesco we have them once a week. Vegan brioche buns. Gerkins. Vegan cheese. Onions 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
I had the beyond burger in a pub. Too greasy. I guess it's down to a personal preference 😉

I didn’t know they did mince! I haven’t seen it in my local shop. They only have two types of kebab stuff, bacon, chicken tenders and steak, I think. I will definitely check next time!
It was in my local Sainsbury's but which happens to be one of those really large ones where there's lots of choice in every good category you can think of.

Ooohhh, I’ll be watching this thread from now on! I class myself as plant based. I am vegetarian mixed with Vegan. I don’t drink cows milk or eat eggs, but I do eat yoghurt and cheese.
any good egg alternatives as I do miss it on smashed avo with lemon and chilli flakes on sourdough 🤤
I love coconut yoghurt more than normal yoghurt! It’s so much tastier!

Reactions: 1
Big yes to coconut yoghurt. Great with curries, a dollop in soup or with some fruit for a sweet snack. This is my favourite. Not the cheapest but it's thick and unsweetened. It's got nice zingy sourness, a bit like Greek style yoghurt :)
1612522726723.png

I second the coconut collaborative. Just don’t buy Alpro with coconut, it’s just a soy yoghurt with coconut and it’s not as nice as proper coconut yoghurt.

I second the coconut collaborative. Just don’t buy Alpro with coconut, it’s just a soy yoghurt with coconut and it’s not as nice as proper coconut yoghurt.
I generally don't like alpro products, again, personal preference, I just don't like any foods, vegan or conventional, with many additives. Even when I buy Oatly, I buy the one with the simplest ingredients list (I think it's the "organic" one?) and don't even get me on the barista varieties of milks.
(Sorry, I am a weirdo) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 5
I generally don't like alpro products, again, personal preference, I just don't like any foods, vegan or conventional, with many additives. Even when I buy Oatly, I buy the one with the simplest ingredients list (I think it's the "organic" one?) and don't even get me on the barista varieties of milks.
yes all these vegan foods are full of crap! You have to read the labels closely! Best thing is to just eat fresh, organic. Still, treats are nice every now and then

Reactions: 5
I've recently tried the Gro burgers from Co-op and they were pretty nice.

My husband also had a few weeks ago the sticky bbq jackfruit pizza from chicago town and he said it was good - total junk food but tasty haha.

Taken me a while but I've got to that stage where I'm less processed... Although I do still eat processed when I fancy something! 😋 And if something new has been launched and looks tasty... I'm all for anything plant based that can encourage people to try instead of the alternative (animals) I love the strong roots spinach bites and cauliflower hash browns 😍😍 I've found some plant based vitamins too from Together Health and they've been a game changer 💪🏻 I have the vit d and b12 mostly but i have a few of the others just to top me up if I'm having a naughty food day lol

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I absolutely love Alpro Greek Yogurt! I have it stirred through my porridge most mornings and it makes it really nice and creamy. I also use it in salad dressings as a lighter mayo substitute. Tesco has just brought out their own soy-based Greek-style yogurt which is decent but not as good as the Alpro one. Am also a big fan of the Coconut Collaborative yogurt! Has anyone tried the new Oatly Oatgurts? How do they stack up?

• Heart
Try putting some Kala Namak on your scrambled tofu to make it more egg like x

I absolutely love Alpro Greek Yogurt! I have it stirred through my porridge most mornings and it makes it really nice and creamy. I also use it in salad dressings as a lighter mayo substitute. Tesco has just brought out their own soy-based Greek-style yogurt which is decent but not as good as the Alpro one. Am also a big fan of the Coconut Collaborative yogurt! Has anyone tried the new Oatly Oatgurts? How do they stack up?
ive had the blueberry & strawberry ones but haven’t managed to get my hands on the plain yet! Didn’t like blueberry it was too artificial, and strawberry had a funny tang to it. You know how sometimes with oat ‘milk’ products you KNOW you’re having oat because of the aftertaste? It’s kinda like that

saying that I mixed it with pomegranate for a lighter dessert and it was great - juicy, fresh and tangy

ive had the blueberry & strawberry ones but haven’t managed to get my hands on the plain yet! Didn’t like blueberry it was too artificial, and strawberry had a funny tang to it. You know how sometimes with oat ‘milk’ products you KNOW you’re having oat because of the aftertaste? It’s kinda like that

saying that I mixed it with pomegranate for a lighter dessert and it was great - juicy, fresh and tangy
Ahh yep I know exactly what you mean about the oaty taste! This is probably purely psychological but I have such a block against using oat milk/yogurt in my porridge because the oat-on-oat just seems... wrong 😂 not a fan of fruit-based yogurts in general but I quite like the Alpro greek-style passionfruit yogurt.

Does anyone have recommendations for almond milk that froths well/doesn't split in coffee?

• Heart
I have never heard of that! Where can I buy it/what is it?
You can get it online or Waitrose...I think m&s might do it too. It's black salt! Due to its high sulfur content, it's perfect for all dishes that profit from an "eggy" taste and smell.
When you open the packet, prepare to be knocked back by the smell of eggy farts though 🤢🤣🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.