Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Post some pictures, please. I haven’t been in an Aldi in many months.

Reactions: 3
I managed to get my hands on the new veggie dippers which I’m 100% going to eat for dinner tonight, so excited as I’ve heard they’re lovely!

I also got the new vegan brioche burger buns, no steak bakes and the Sri Lankan style butternut squash & chickpea curry pie (probs going to have that tomorrow). I keep trying to get the potato salad from there but they’re always out of stock 😭💔

Reactions: 2
I'm veggie and vegan as much as I can be...I want to go fully vegan but I'm struggling with alot of recipes 😩 I DESPISE tomato. It ruins any dish for me...and I'm allergic to nuts. I feel like there's barely options, I'm running out of hope and don't want to keep eating freezer food etc...if anyone has any tomato free nut free vegan recipes please fire them my way 🥰

Reactions: 2
I'm veggie and vegan as much as I can be...I want to go fully vegan but I'm struggling with alot of recipes 😩 I DESPISE tomato. It ruins any dish for me...and I'm allergic to nuts. I feel like there's barely options, I'm running out of hope and don't want to keep eating freezer food etc...if anyone has any tomato free nut free vegan recipes please fire them my way 🥰
Check Madeleine Olivia’s recipes, not all of them have tomatoes in it.
Also The Green Roasting Tin book (half of the recipes are vegan, half are veggie) but they are normally a bit pricey 😔

• Heart
Oh gosh I’m the same! I can eat tomato sauces such passata and purée without a problem, the tinned stuff though and eating them in burgers, salads etc is a big no 🤢 I can’t deal with mushrooms or avocado’s either 😂 I think avocados are quite possibly the worst thing I’ve ever had in my mouth 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Oh gosh I’m the same! I can eat tomato sauces such passata and purée without a problem, the tinned stuff though and eating them in burgers, salads etc is a big no 🤢 I can’t deal with mushrooms or avocado’s either 😂 I think avocados are quite possibly the worst thing I’ve ever had in my mouth 😂
I hate mushrooms too. I’ve got two of the BOSH books and it’s full of the sluggy things! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
mushrooms are VILE. I thoroughly enjoy avocado though...tried my first bit yesterday and I can see the hype 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Ohh, glad I found this 💕

I've been loving these recently, amazing in wraps with vegenaise
1600558200131.png

Also seen the violife cheese slices mentioned a lot, but the mature cheddar is probably the best cheese I've ever eater
1600558284227.png

and my bf is obsessed with these kievs and would probably eat two in one sitting if he could :ROFLMAO:
1600558385310.png

Reactions: 5
This might not be helpful, but i am writing it in the hope it is! I sort of trained myself to like tomatoes and mushrooms. I buy the most expensive ones and then they have a really nice flavour, i only used to eat the mushrooms minced or in a garlic marinade for a while. I am still not the hugest fan but i do eat them (vitamin d!) I perfer the more unusual ones that have a bite. Chicken of the woods if you find it is nice! I prefer tomatoes cooked too, slow cooked with garlic and basil and then just add them to salads. The more expensive little tomatoes have a nice flavour, but if you want to grab a bargain (who doesn't) then add some salt/peppee or balsamic glaze to them.

First time i tried avocado, a friend gave me one sonu ate it like she did. Just peeled and eaten like a normal pear.

I do not recommend this now.. what was she thinking!?

Loaded
Loaded jacket potatoes.
Bean tacos
Lentils - make meatballs or a chilli etc.
Quoina balls or tray bakes
Slow roast a lot of vegetables, then eat in nourish bowls (like a leftovers picnic bowl)
Slow roast chickpeas with chillies / paprika or just salt and pepper. Last a fee days and can be warmed up.
Vegetable stews and soups (blend tofu or chickpeas in for protein) with loads of bread.
Vegtable curries.
Beetroot or squash wellington
Hassleback squash
Falafel.
Baked cauliflower
If you have an air fryer you can apparently do crispy tofu / tempeh.
Bbq Jackfruit & bean (tinned) stew on grain of choice or as tacos
Stuffed peppers.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just had the Naked Glory sausages. They were as good as the Richmond ones. I feel better about supporting a vegan brand too. Although I haven’t done a deep dive into who owns them....

This Isn't Chicken Plant-Based Sea-Salt Black Pepper Pieces 190g-1634x1030.png
had this with tea last night and honestly can't believe its not chicken 🤣 I've tried most meat substitutes out there but never had anything like this. Was soooo tasty. I've sent my partner out for atleast 300 more boxes 😋😋😋

• Heart
Reactions: 7
View attachment 252123had this with tea last night and honestly can't believe its not chicken 🤣 I've tried most meat substitutes out there but never had anything like this. Was soooo tasty. I've sent my partner out for atleast 300 more boxes 😋😋😋
Where did you find it? Not seen it in Tesco or Morrison’s near me. I buy every meat substitute I see too!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.