Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The elmlea plant creams are great, taste good and do everything normal cream in regards to whipping etc.

In regards to cheese I would give it up for a while and then try again. The vegan cheese Asda use on there pizzas from the counter is nice, not sure which one it is.

Reactions: 2
The vivera plant chicken tenders smell just like ordinary chicken tenders and taste very similar. I am not vegan, just try to eat more plant based stuff.

Reactions: 3
Following with interest! I’m keen to reduce my meat / fish consumption further and also dairy. Have made a smooth and easy transition to oat milk but struggling with the cheese substitutes as others have mentioned.

I’m so pleased there is such a great choice now, I was vegetarian around 15 years ago and options were limited.. especially with dining out. It saddens me a lot of plant based and vegan products are pricey too. It wouldn’t put me off buying but hope in time the price comes down!

Personally I love:
- oat-ly milk in coffee 😍
-vivera shawarma (although a tad greasy)
- generally most of the plant based M&S range
-Richmond meat free sausages
-Alpro yoghurts
-alpro ice cream
-gato and co cookies

Reactions: 5
Forgive me if this sounds really thick 😂 but I picked this up yesterday and I’ve not used it before and I’m curious how people involve it with their meals.... I’d love to go vegan and do a delicious ‘cheesy’ sauce for my pasta dishes. How do you know how much to put in without ruining it etc?

Cooking this at some point this week. Looks delicious. I usually taste my sauce, add more if I need to.

Best vegan ice cream Ben & Jerry's Peanut butter & cookie 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm really struggling with vegan cheese it tastes too coconut oily

The only one I genuinely really enjoy Is the violife cheese slices

Reactions: 2
I'm not a vegetarian but we are trying to reduce our meat intake with a view to eventually becoming vegetarian. We have it down to red meat once a week and chicken once a week.

Two of our vegetarian faves are from aldi.. mozzarella and red pepper parcels and then the ementhall and asparagus parcels. So so tasty and far more taste than anything with meat in
We have them with rice and broccoli and one of our fave teas. If you haven't tried them definitely worth a try ! X

Reactions: 1
I'm not a vegetarian but we are trying to reduce our meat intake with a view to eventually becoming vegetarian. We have it down to red meat once a week and chicken once a week.

Two of our vegetarian faves are from aldi.. mozzarella and red pepper parcels and then the ementhall and asparagus parcels. So so tasty and far more taste than anything with meat in
We have them with rice and broccoli and one of our fave teas. If you haven't tried them definitely worth a try ! X
YES! I love the Aldi veggie parcels!
The frozen vegan burgers from Aldi are also great, especially the spicy no chicken ones

YES! I love the Aldi veggie parcels!
The frozen vegan burgers from Aldi are also great, especially the spicy no chicken ones
Oh really , I will try those.. haven't tried them yet. I love the way the veggie parcels are so tasty ! Occasionally veggie only, I can find a little bland and flavourless x

Has anybody tried the vegan nut chocolate by hotel chocolate? 45% and made with hazelnuts to replace the dairy. £6.50 and I do think their stuff is pretty overpriced for what it is..

Ahhh this is the thread I’ve been waiting for. I’ve been vegetarian for two years now and have dipped in and out of veganism for a LONG time... reason being is cheese. I love it and I’ve not found a good alternative yet. Most of the ones I’ve tried have a awful overpowering taste of coconut oil and it makes me gag!

I am obsessed with the ALDI vegan chicken burgers at the moment. They’re bloody fantastic! I had one last night and chopped them up and put them in a wrap with some peppers, onion and lettuce. Beautiful!
Aldi no meat burgers are also amazing 😍😍 on one of their brioche burger buns with salad....yum

Can anyone recommend a good diary free milk for cereal. I use almond milk in smoothies but not keen on it in cereal.

I’ve been vegan now for two weeks and I’m SO proud of myself. I’m not even missing cheese that much either 👏🏻

Anyway, the last few days I’ve been feeling extremely lethargic. So lethargic that I just want to lay on the sofa all day and I hate it. Did anybody else experience this? How did you overcome it?

• Heart
I'm not vegan, but did Veganuary last year and plan to again this year. I also try to have a day or two meat free a week.

Here are some of my faves!

- All the dairy free Ben & jerrys!

- The only cheese i could stand was the Tesco Free from Garlic & herbs cream cheese.

- Another vote for the Richmond Meat Free sausages! I love them in a white bread toasted sandwich with ketchup! I honestly couldn't tell they weren't real sausages!

- I love Almond Breeze Almond milk on my cereal and Alpro Oat milk in my tea.

- Hellmans Vegan Mayo - can't tell the difference

- The brand 'Vivera' is AMAZING. My ultimate favourite is the GREEK and Shwarama kebab meats. The pulled pork was great but i can't find it anywhere now. ( I didn't like the meatballs though)

- Moving Mountains Hotdog and the Beyond Burger.

- Cauldron Tofu and Falafels.

- Aldi frozen vegan Meatballs - again i had these once but can't find them anywhere!!

- Goodfella's vegan falafel pizza - I love Falafels.

- M&S Plant kitchen Cauliflower popcorn chicken

I've got some Birdseye stuff, Chicken pies & meatballs, in the freezer havent tried it yet but looking forward to seeing what it's like!

Yel

Quite a fan of the spinach bites, more potato than spinach and quite a bit of oil. But will stock up if they are ever on offer for less than £3

LN_697666_BP_11.jpg

Reactions: 4
Not vegan but heading that way and am dairy free.

Tried the plant kitchen M&S burger yesterday and their fake sausage roll - had to keep checking I hadn’t actually bought meat instead! Both so good, would buy again definitely

Nandos vegan peranaise (can’t taste the difference, is delicious!)

Also think the beyond sausages are nice but very expensive - Chop then up and put in a pasta bake usually

the vegetarian butcher little willlies (Lol) - think they’re really nice little sausages

all the plant basedmilks but especially the dark chocolate almond milk from alpro - so nice!

and the cauliflower popcorn from Asda or Marks is delicious too.

not found any cheese I like yet, hate the texture and the smell. I’d rather go without, and never see how nutritional yeast can replace dairy but maybe I need togive that more time!

adding other suggestions from this thread on my shopping list, great idea!

Reactions: 4
Had the popcorn cauliflower from plant kitchen range at m&s yesterday OMG it was so good 😍😍😍😍

An air fryer is apparently the anwser for getting crispy tofu and not slimey / soft and tasteless.

The waitrose vegan range is delicious and i have not had anything i didn't like from it.

Sainsburys' plant pioneers no chicken nuggets.

Jackfruit in a tin - slow cook it in a tomato based sauce and it is wonderful

Vegan magnums - found them i m&s reduced to clear atm (7th September)

Veggo chocolate spread when Holland and Barrett have 20% off. The same with eat reel crisps. So good.

Sweet potato katsu curry if you are having a fakeaway night. Tried m&s, waitrose and sainsburys versions and all are good.

Who has tried papa johns, pizza hut or the dominos vegan pizzas? Thoughts please!

Last edited:
Tried the Skinny Food Co coffee creamers in Vanilla and Mocha- pretty good, really. Slightly watery but plenty sweet and works well in coffee.

Aldi no meat burgers are also amazing 😍😍 on one of their brioche burger buns with salad....yum

Can anyone recommend a good diary free milk for cereal. I use almond milk in smoothies but not keen on it in cereal.
Maybe try hazelnut? Or if you have a sweet cereal try starting off with a vanilla or sweetned version. Sometimes buying coconut cream full fat in a can and mixing it with the milk for a thicker version. A lot tend to be very watery.

Hazelnut milk is so good. Like having a Ferrero rocher for breakfast!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.