Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anybody tried the vegan nut chocolate by hotel chocolate? 45% and made with hazelnuts to replace the dairy. ยฃ6.50 and I do think their stuff is pretty overpriced for what it is..

Nope, maybe a nice Christmas present for or from someone? I'd like to try it though, have tried the gu ones but not sure if they have milk in them now.
Nuts are expensive. Macadamia nuts are my favourite.

Iโ€™ve been vegan now for two weeks and Iโ€™m SO proud of myself. Iโ€™m not even missing cheese that much either ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Anyway, the last few days Iโ€™ve been feeling extremely lethargic. So lethargic that I just want to lay on the sofa all day and I hate it. Did anybody else experience this? How did you overcome it?
Maybe aren't getting enough calories in yet?

Snack on nuts or bananas for a quick and easy calorie load up. Also they're portable!

Lentils are great for cheap protein, squish the cooked lentils into balls and substitute for meatballs in tomato sauce. Great as meatballs and pasta or a meatball sub sandwich.

Beans!
Beanit if you want a good meat substitute that is soy free .

Slow release grains with whatever you're eating.

Fats - avocados are popular for a reason. Seasme seeds on soups and salads, nuts etc all should help with the fats

Iron rich foods too, especially leading up to an the week of your period.

I'm sure others will have more (Better) advice too.

Good luck, remember don't get disheartened if you slip up and think you've failed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Iโ€™ve been vegan now for two weeks and Iโ€™m SO proud of myself. Iโ€™m not even missing cheese that much either ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Anyway, the last few days Iโ€™ve been feeling extremely lethargic. So lethargic that I just want to lay on the sofa all day and I hate it. Did anybody else experience this? How did you overcome it?
Well done! Hope it's still going well.

You may feel tired if you're deficient in certain vitamins or minerals, such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, iron, magnesium, or potassium. May be worth getting a blood test to check.

You may want to consider taking a supplement if you're not already too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I've been eating a plant based diet since 2016. I've recently been making these brownies every Saturday...so good! I make mine with Vitalite and Golden Syrup. Super easy to make and they come out perfectly every time. More of a cake texture than brownie but so delicious! I buy mine from Asda ๐Ÿ˜Š

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Love this thread! Does anyone know if Asda have discontinued the frozen veggie mince..it was my all time favourite but it's never in stock anymore and I've tried three stores ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”

• Sad
Tried the Oupmh kebab meat yesterday and it was okay, but not the best. Vivera is better, in my opinion.

Reactions: 2
Love this thread! Does anyone know if Asda have discontinued the frozen veggie mince..it was my all time favourite but it's never in stock anymore and I've tried three stores ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”
I've been looking for this for months! It was so good. Definitely not available in my local Asda anymore. And no decent alternatives are available there, either. Boo.

• Sad
Just popping in to ask a question because I'm curious ๐Ÿ˜™

What do vegans/vegetarians have for their christmas dinner? ๐ŸŽ„

My brother-in-law is vegan and he is with us for Christmas normally. A nut roast for main, vegan roast potatoes (so I do them with just oil, no butter), veggie sausages. And then roast veggies and other stuff. We normally just have various chocolates for dessert, so we get him vegan ones.

My brother-in-law is vegan and he is with us for Christmas normally. A nut roast for main, vegan roast potatoes (so I do them with just oil, no butter), veggie sausages. And then roast veggies and other stuff. We normally just have various chocolates for dessert, so we get him vegan ones.
That sounds lovely; I think I would prefer that even as a meat eater :ROFLMAO: (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Iโ€™ve not tried this yet. Doing it at the weekend. Iโ€™m not a fan of mushrooms which a lot of nut roasts have. This one looks lovely.

Vegan Nut Roast

Quite a fan of the spinach bites, more potato than spinach and quite a bit of oil. But will stock up if they are ever on offer for less than ยฃ3

View attachment 231926
Yes, I stocked up on the Cauliflower and the Kale ones recently.

I have been trying these via Ocado. They also do a frozen mince which I havenโ€™t tried.

The hot dogs taste authentic to me and are easy to heat up. Good with baked beans or chilli. I really like the schnitzels. I tried the burgers today with mustard in a pita bread and they were fine. Would probably order again.

I love the Quorn Southern Fried burgers and the Spicy version, see below.

Here are some more planty things.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

My Mum makes me an AMAZING 'wellington' at Christmas. She uses ready made pastry sheets, then spreads over a mushroom duxelle, then tops this with mashed Linda McCartney sossies and then uses this layered pastry to wrap around a Linda McCartney Vegan 'Roast', a vegan protein meat replacement. It's bloody lovely!

Lucky me! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My Mum makes me an AMAZING 'wellington' at Christmas. She uses ready made pastry sheets, then spreads over a mushroom duxelle, then tops this with mashed Linda McCartney sossies and then uses this layered pastry to wrap around a Linda McCartney Vegan 'Roast', a vegan protein meat replacement. It's bloody lovely!

Lucky me! ๐Ÿ˜Š
I am saving this and will be making it well before December! Thanks! Sounds so good.

At Christmas in our house itโ€™s the Cranks nut roast with apple sauce instead of egg.

• Heart
Has anyone seen the new things Aldi are bringing out? Iโ€™m off there tomorrow to try and get my hands on their new products! They all look amazing.

• Heart
Has anyone seen the new things Aldi are bringing out? Iโ€™m off there tomorrow to try and get my hands on their new products! They all look amazing.
Omg! I was just coming here to rave about aldi's vegan range โ˜บ

Well priced, frozen and chilled options. Not had anything inedible yet. 5 stars.

Let us know what you get and what you think!

They even do vegan brioche buns.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.