Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for all the recommendations, l got the new vegan chicken nuggets in Aldi and can confirm they're delicious. Even better than the real thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been doing alot more research into veganism because I want to stay in this mindset I'm in currently and not slip up with dairy/treats and just the surface alone for why we should be vegan is amazing. It's so sad alot of people dont just take 2 mins of their day to read up on the benefits of it. We are all so programmed into eating meat and thinking nothing else of it like where it came from and the process of how it came to be on our plates. It's truly horrifying that we as people can do this to animals who also can feel love, grief, fear etc who cant beg us to stop. We wouldn't do it to eachother :(
If that doesnt make you question yourself...think about the fact if we all went vegan we could solve world hunger 😌
Anyway sorry to rant.
Im just going down a rabbit hole and im disappointed in myself for never going down it before yet I'm eating all this meat and dairy carelessly and feeling rubbish afterwards! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've been doing alot more research into veganism because I want to stay in this mindset I'm in currently and not slip up with dairy/treats and just the surface alone for why we should be vegan is amazing. It's so sad alot of people dont just take 2 mins of their day to read up on the benefits of it. We are all so programmed into eating meat and thinking nothing else of it like where it came from and the process of how it came to be on our plates. It's truly horrifying that we as people can do this to animals who also can feel love, grief, fear etc who cant beg us to stop. We wouldn't do it to eachother :(
If that doesnt make you question yourself...think about the fact if we all went vegan we could solve world hunger 😌
Anyway sorry to rant.
Im just going down a rabbit hole and im disappointed in myself for never going down it before yet I'm eating all this meat and dairy carelessly and feeling rubbish afterwards! 🤣
Don't be too hard yourself, you are obviously interested in animal welfare and Veganism, giving up meat and dairy products doesn't happen overnight.
You're in the right mindset, just take it from there, maybe reducing the amount of meat or dairy you take in a week or a month.🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The chorizo posh puppies are great from M&S. As sausages, in hot dog buns, in a pasta bake or on a pizza.

I got a great vegetable curry from their main section too. It's accidentally vegan and would recommend that one.

Also following accidently vegan on insta.

I'm getting a lot of lentils and dried quinoa / veggie stock atm.

• Heart
Has anybody had the M&S Not-Zzarella sticks? I just made some for my lunch and I’m not a fan. Such a shame as I know they’ve had good reviews but I found that they smelt like vomit upon opening the oven plus the taste was just... 🤢 maybe I’ll try them again a few months down the line but right now, it’s a no from me 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Has anybody had the M&S Not-Zzarella sticks? I just made some for my lunch and I’m not a fan. Such a shame as I know they’ve had good reviews but I found that they smelt like vomit upon opening the oven plus the taste was just... 🤢 maybe I’ll try them again a few months down the line but right now, it’s a no from me 😂
You could dip them in a tomato type sauce.

Spotted Higgidy Mac n Super greens in Sainsbury's yesterday, got it cos it had a half price yellow sticker on it, and omg it was so tasty, I wasn't expecting it to be that good! The topping was super crispy 👌🏻

I don't think I'd pay full price for it though as £3.50 is quite pricey for what it is, but I thought it was a great quick meal. Recommended 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I tried the deliciously ella frozen chocolate chip cookies as they were on offer for £2 at Tesco. They tasted 3.5/5 but they were so oily no doubt due to the high amount of coconut oil. It tasted like the cheap and unhealthy chemically refined coconut oil so I doubt it's something Ella would eat herself and normal butter would be far healthier.

Wouldn't buy again but not surprised she's put profits above having ethics, not sure why I would be surprised seeing as she's married to an investment banker and the daughter of a Sainsbury's heiress and politician. 😆

The only food in the deliciously Ella range that is alright is the almonod butter cups, but I only buy when on offer for £1. Since covid they've gone up from £1.50 to £1.80 and not worth that much.

Reactions: 5
Vivera kebab ‘meat’ was INSANE! I had it with garlic sauce, salad and pitta. So nice
I’ve put that in my next delivery.

Has anyone ever cooked from a vegan website called Chocolate Covered Katie? I follow her in Instagram but haven’t made anything yet.

I’ve put that in my next delivery.

Has anyone ever cooked from a vegan website called Chocolate Covered Katie? I follow her in Instagram but haven’t made anything yet.
Yes - so many recipes on her website, it's great. The Deep Dish Cookie Pie is to die for!

Shame.

Not tried them as i find dairy free cheese can be a let down. But i do like the waitrose vegan mac and greens ready meal. Get it when it's on offer or yelloe stickered as it freezes well.

I ordered some fluff spread to put in hot chocolate instead of traditional marshmallows. I think it's just pure sugar!

Reactions: 2
Anyway sorry to rant.
Well said.
Yes, the industrial farming really got to me, the pig farms in china and how places like kfc and nandos get all that chicken so cheap. Kids buying a bucket of chicken shop chicken daily on the way home for less than a fiver.

If people returned back to locally raised meat and small slaughterhouses where meat cost more and was valued again people would eat less and that would be a huge improvement. I try to tell people about the health benefits of being meat free to tempt them, make it seem easy as no one likes to think of themselves as being party to animal suffering and to avoid that tend to get angry and refuse to listen, it's just too painful to acknowledge. That and preachy vegetarians and vegans can turn more people away from even trying. Like a meat free day or week is better than not changing anything. Getting people to try that greggs vegan sausage roll is a great first step.

Sometimes i do miss meat, if everyone else is digging into a group or family meal but, then i just think about what it is and then about the health benefits, and the environment.

I haven't managed to watch gamechangers yet but if anyone has... thoughts please!

Simon Amstell did a show carnage, it was on i player and apparently got his mum to rethink her diet!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.