Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tried the M&S plant kitchen no beef burgers today. They are soy protein, very filling and dense. Delicious.

Yesterday i tried the naked finnegan moo free burgers, they are nearly all mushroom, amazing! 1 of my 5 a day and high in fibre all hidden away in burger patties! Also delicious.

Both were in the vegan brioche burgers from make no bones.

100% recommend all of the above to everyone, vegan or otherwise.

Reactions: 5
Had two types of veggie sausages with our veggie breakfast today. Naked glory was a new one for us and they were just 🤢 compared to our usual Linda McCartney’s. And so much more expensive as well!
We have tried pretty much all the sausages available in our local Sainsbury’s and nothing beats any of the Linda McCartney’s.

Reactions: 1
Had two types of veggie sausages with our veggie breakfast today. Naked glory was a new one for us and they were just 🤢 compared to our usual Linda McCartney’s. And so much more expensive as well!
We have tried pretty much all the sausages available in our local Sainsbury’s and nothing beats any of the Linda McCartney’s.
Have you tried the Cauldron sausages?

Have you tried the Cauldron sausages?
Yes, and also a no. Never got on with any of their products, they just don’t taste nice in our opinion. We like Vivera (but it’s quite expensive), Quorn and Linda McCartney’s.

Reactions: 2
Anyone ewe tried the frozen Richmond sausages? I thought they were great. Appreciated that they don't have any plastic round the packaging too.

Ooh I didn't know we had a vegan thread. I've been vegan for just over 20 years and I have to say that products and choices nowadays are amazing. Back then it was fairly limited although Linda McCartney and the Fry's family products were available back then. Fry's Schnitzels are lush. Also their 'chicken' strips work really well in stir fry or fajitas. Swedish Glace used to do more flavours too like chocolate and blueberry. They also did strawberry cornetto style cones. Tesco do great cones. Has anyone tried the new Nomo caramel bars? I managed to find a few in Sainsburys and they taste just like what I remember Cadbury's caramel was like.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Got the mushroom Cumberland style bangers from tesco (in the chilled section) and was really impressed. Better option than having processed soy all the time, i still really rate the Richmond sausages but these are a great option, not shroomy at all. Highly recommended.

Thoughts on the Birdseye Green Cuisine burgers? They’re £1.25 in Tesco at the moment if you have a Clubcard so I’m tempted to try them. How do they compare to Beyond Burgers? I thought the BBs were so, so good. I’ve tried Tesco’s Plant Chef burgers which I thought were revolting. Tasted like ketchup to me (and I hate ketchup)

I’ve had the green cuisine sausages and they were a bit disappointing. But I would risk it for that price!

I didn't know there was a vegan thread, has anyone had the new nando's wrap? I had it and am obsessed with how much better it is than the current vegan options especially as they're doing a reduced menu currently and didn't have vegan options on it (I know there are some issues around cross contamination but in my opinion it's fine, they cook it with the vegetarian stuff)

Reactions: 3
I tried the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers quite recently and they were quite nice. Have any of you tried them? I'd definitely recommend them if you can have them!

I tried the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers quite recently and they were quite nice. Have any of you tried them? I'd definitely recommend them if you can have them!
Yes, I’ve had them a few times. I bought them when they were in offer. Not bad.

Has anyone tried the mexicana cheese? I struggled without cheese when I first went vegan but now I’ve tried this, there is absolutely NO going back. I had some last night sprinkled on top of my broccoli pasta bake. YUM! 😍

Reactions: 3
what, if any, multivitamins does everyone take on here? I used to take starpowa, but felt that were too expensive, so am looking for any recommendations. 💊💊

I love the new Nando’s “chicken” burger. Also the new Richmond vegan burgers, I like them as they are reasonably priced and they do not trigger my IBS like Linda mc burgers do.

what, if any, multivitamins does everyone take on here? I used to take starpowa, but felt that were too expensive, so am looking for any recommendations. 💊💊
I take wefeel supplements, they are an online subscription and costs £11 a month (though they have new customer offers). I like these as they do not upset my tummy but I’m finding I still feel quite fatigued all day and I don’t have as much energy as I would like 🤔

I take veg1 from the vegan society. They are vit d, b, folic acid, selenium and iodine. I might look for a more broad spectrum next time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.