Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Flora buttery plant based tastes just like real butter and is readily available in most supermarkets

Reactions: 4
For mayonnaise lovers - Hellman’s Vegan Mayo is JUST like the real thing.

LEON also does a really good range of vegan of sauces my favs are the garlic aioli and sundried aioli

Reactions: 5
2b9a3113-14eb-4bf8-83ad-cb209ae14945.jpeg

Naked glory burgers our No1
alprochocdessert1.jpg

Alpro pots..just a great little pud. And they are long life

d03fef0e-343b-4241-a2c3-f9771224ca78.jpeg

Best chocolate 'milk' longlife one is tastier than the fresh.. keep it chilled though

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Just some tasty vegan brioche!

adae40f0-4d84-459a-b973-a3001d072b48.jpeg

Highly recommend this! The taste texture smell..so so good!

Can get all these from Tesco

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I love “this isn’t chicken” especially the tikka pieces.
Linda McCartney for sausages, beyond meat burgers 🤤.
For anyone London based/ visiting London- brick lane has some absolute gems- Vida bakery for cakes and Mooshies is probably my favourite vegan burger ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yay! It's nearly my 11 year vegan anniversary and I'm happy to see old school companies being mentioned here like Taifun! Agree that their wieners are the best, and it's always fun to say wiener. Their smoked tofu is delicious!

Violife is my favourite basic cheddar-type of cheese and you can even melt it into a fondue with wine and everything! If you can get it, Mouse's Favourite do amazing cheeses like Camembert. Great to order at Christmas!

I'm really into Sproud pea milk as it's higher in protein than other milks, but I don't drink tea and coffee. My partner prefers Oatly Barista in drinks. Sproud is really good for sweet or savoury cooking/baking/eating if you want to eat less soya; I find that other milks have too strong a flavour in cooking, or too much sweetness or something.

I've become quite the chocolate snob and there are a few incredible vegan chocolates out there. Zotter hand-scooped chocolate bars are friggin' amazing if you can find them, particularly the Hemp Bonbon one! Not all are vegan but they are clearly labelled on the front. https://www.zotter.at/en/online-shop/brands/hand-scooped-chocolates

Booja Booja truffles, especially the hazelnut ones.

Vego bars for a more junk-y fix, and their bags of little Vegolino chocolates which taste like those Belgian chocolate shells!

Om bars, especially the pistachio ones filled with a layer of creamy pistachio stuff!?

Reactions: 6
I love the No Bull Mushroom steaks (can find these in Iceland).

Morrison’s vegan mince is probably my favourite mince to buy. Also the vegan pasties in Morrison’s taste just like Cornish pasties.

Gardein fish fillets have such a nice texture, though I’ve always thought they are more similar to chicken than fish.

For vegan chocolate, I like Nomo and Monty Bojangles Vegan Truffles.

Ahhh this is the thread I’ve been waiting for. I’ve been vegetarian for two years now and have dipped in and out of veganism for a LONG time... reason being is cheese. I love it and I’ve not found a good alternative yet. Most of the ones I’ve tried have a awful overpowering taste of coconut oil and it makes me gag!

I am obsessed with the ALDI vegan chicken burgers at the moment. They’re bloody fantastic! I had one last night and chopped them up and put them in a wrap with some peppers, onion and lettuce. Beautiful!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ahhh this is the thread I’ve been waiting for. I’ve been vegetarian for two years now and have dipped in and out of veganism for a LONG time... reason being is cheese. I love it and I’ve not found a good alternative yet. Most of the ones I’ve tried have a awful overpowering taste of coconut oil and it makes me gag!

I am obsessed with the ALDI vegan chicken burgers at the moment. They’re bloody fantastic! I had one last night and chopped them up and put them in a wrap with some peppers, onion and lettuce. Beautiful!
I’m the same. I cannot stand vegan cheese 🤢 I’m just not a fan of the taste of texture. Have you tried the Applewood one? I’ve heard good things about it but haven’t tried it yet.

I’m the same. I cannot stand vegan cheese 🤢 I’m just not a fan of the taste of texture. Have you tried the Applewood one? I’ve heard good things about it but haven’t tried it yet.
I’ve not yet, the closest supermarket to me that has it is Asda and they’re always out of stock whenever I have a look 🙄😂

The problem with vegan cheese is the texture. If you’re trying to go dairy free I always recommend just giving up cheese and waiting a while before eating vegan cheese. They’re not comparable and it took me probably 4 or 5 years of veganism to get on board with vegan cheese. I like it now.

The only vegan cheese I have liked so far has been the Violife plasticy looking cheese slices. I have them on burgers and they melt really nicely

If you don't eat meat/fish but you don't like a lot of vegan substitutes its hard I think. Another horrible one is Asda's own meat free bites, like chicken pieces. They were just like eating pure gristle.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
This goes in my pasta sauces and even when sautéing mushrooms:

Forgive me if this sounds really thick 😂 but I picked this up yesterday and I’ve not used it before and I’m curious how people involve it with their meals.... I’d love to go vegan and do a delicious ‘cheesy’ sauce for my pasta dishes. How do you know how much to put in without ruining it etc?

Forgive me if this sounds really thick 😂 but I picked this up yesterday and I’ve not used it before and I’m curious how people involve it with their meals.... I’d love to go vegan and do a delicious ‘cheesy’ sauce for my pasta dishes. How do you know how much to put in without ruining it etc?
Tbh I find it's so mild you can't really make a mistake with it taste wise! I use loads because I like the taste and texture it gives pasta sauces. It's not salty at all and it's perfect to keep adding to a dish if you feel there's not enough.

Some good recipes there! I love adding it to kale before cooking and I use it on homemade pizza too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
View attachment 205563

This melts and was really good on toast.
Whenever I buy applewood I end up eating more by cutting chunks off than in toasties 🤭 I only like the violife mature, find the original too coconut-y. I’m itching to get this:

38632878-F424-431F-96F5-BBB5CE5F10FA.jpeg

Some random standout products for me, there’s too many to choose from 🤣 but I buy these over and over

E302431F-A54A-4FEC-A34E-3D6D38456AA4.jpeg

41FC4CEB-0DA6-4087-930A-670A4B9CE310.jpeg

9F6978E1-AB40-4FE0-9272-9489EB4A7072.jpeg
02599752-DA06-4408-A5ED-5D6493AB34E1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.