Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
vee and meena the elephant from sing are the same and no i will not be elaborating.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So she got rejected from NYU for a PhD in Education. No one likes rejection, must feel pretty bad. Seems she still wants to do a PhD elsewhere which I wasn’t aware of (has she mentioned this?)

Thing is, she
1) ONLY applied to NYU????
2) Already bought NYU sweaters, in anticipation of getting an offer????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
She hasn’t even written a dissertation for her MA so she has no track record at all for carrying out substantial pieces of (independent) research - I don’t see how she thought she was qualified to get a fully funded place? The competition will be huge

Reactions: 25
She's cocky and entitled, there's no two ways about it. She felt she was owed entry to those schools.
100%. I wouldn't be embarrassed by the rejection but I would be by posing with photos of a jumper I'd bought assuming I'd get in.

Reactions: 15
Came here to post the same thing. Imagine buying all the merch thinking you would get in, then posting pics of yourself looking sad holding the hoodie of the place you didn't get into? 😬 Looks desperate!
She has Oxford and Harvard under her belt already, why is she trying to get into other prestigious schools? What does Vee actually do? All I see is an influencer patting herself on the back, daily. She says she has supportive friends but surely they must be rolling their eyes at this point, does she pht the same amount of support into their aspirations ?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Now, about her having been rejected for a PhD. I feel for her, but those applications are usually very competitive, and I don’t think she has that much going on for herself other than her degrees and maybe her EBV thing? I don’t know, I’ll be applying to my own PhD soon, and I’m busting my ass to make my CV as competitive and appealing as I can. Being Vee the changemaker isn’t enough.

Reactions: 13
Came here to post the same thing. Imagine buying all the merch thinking you would get in, then posting pics of yourself looking sad holding the hoodie of the place you didn't get into? 😬 Looks desperate!
She has Oxford and Harvard under her belt already, why is she trying to get into other prestigious schools? What does Vee actually do? All I see is an influencer patting herself on the back, daily. She says she has supportive friends but surely they must be rolling their eyes at this point, does she pht the same amount of support into their aspirations ?
Sounds like she doesn't know what else to do apart from continue studying. She goes on about being an educator, then why not do a PGCE or similar teaching qualification? That would probably be too normal.

Reactions: 14
Absolutely baffled at her purchasing the sweater before knowing for sure she had gotten in! I am not a terribly superstitious person but feel like that would be risking bad luck 😅
Not getting in to a PhD programme sucks so I feel for her. But I also hope it’s a good reality check.

Reactions: 14
Must be nice to be able to talk a day off to recover from 1 PhD rejection... she really has no clue does she. PhDs are so so competitive, of-course you should apply for more than one, and expect to be rejected from most of them. This must be the first time she’s not got something she wanted to if she managed to get her dream courses at Oxford and Harvard.

It really sounds like she just wanted an excuse to move to New York really, but if you were really truly passionate about studying education wouldn’t you be happy to do it anywhere in the world you could?? 🙄🙄

Reactions: 28
She hasn’t even written a dissertation for her MA so she has no track record at all for carrying out substantial pieces of (independent) research - I don’t see how she thought she was qualified to get a fully funded place? The competition will be huge
This. She finished her masters degree in 8 months. She didn’t do a dissertation. Only having Harvard in your name doesn’t cut it.

Reactions: 18
Also, for someone who is so passionate about being a changermaker, I don't understand why she isn't actually going and doing something to make change? If her goal is to improve education for young girls, why not go actually work at an NGO? Spending 3 years doing a PhD is not going to make the difference she thinks😅

Reactions: 18
This. She finished her masters degree in 8 months. She didn’t do a dissertation. Only having Harvard in your name doesn’t cut it.
and she always talks about being so passionate about education, but I've never... really seen that? studying the topic does not make the topic your passion or destiny. she quit her education job after three months. to me, an occasional viewer, it feels like education is her content creation niche rather than her passion.

edit: looks like @Oatmeall had the same thought at the same time lol

Reactions: 21
Also, for someone who is so passionate about being a changermaker, I don't understand why she isn't actually going and doing something to make change? If her goal is to improve education for young girls, why not go actually work at an NGO? Spending 3 years doing a PhD is not going to make the difference she thinks😅
She just wants the Dr label because she isn't a real change maker and its all brand and image.

Reactions: 19
I think she wants to give the impression of making change, without actually having to do anything meaningful. That would be too much effort, and what boring people do. She must think that she can either be a social media influencer or do the work, but not both.

Reactions: 12
and she always talks about being so passionate about education, but I've never... really seen that? studying the topic does not make the topic your passion or destiny. she quit her education job after three months. to me, an occasional viewer, it feels like education is her content creation niche rather than her passion.

edit: looks like @Oatmeall had the same thought at the same time lol
so true!! I still think it's ridiculous that she left that job so quickly, I think it would have been a great experience for her, she would have actually DONE something. I also think it would have humbled her which is very necessary... but no, she just wants the "glamour" and prestige of "working in education". so embarrassing. I'm still at uni but work as a student assistant and tutor and it's a lot of office work, making scans, carrying around books etc - it's not "cool" and exciting but it gives me an in with the right people and more experience with team work. she should have stuck to an entry level job and worked her way up, not expecting everything to fall into place perfectly. I'd have expected this kind of behavior from people like UnjadedJade or Jack Edwards but her???

Reactions: 15
With her connection to Zimbabwe and her drive it makes me disappointed to see that she isn't even considering moving there for a while and starting her own projects focused on girl's education. It isn't an easy job, but working in a developing country is quite grateful in the sense that you can have a great impact on many people even with small scale initiatives.

Or she could use her studies and knowledge to partner with already existing NGOs in Eastern Africa and support them developing policies, theoretical frameworks, programmes, there is just SO MUCH she could be doing.

Reactions: 21