Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder how long Vee expects to hang onto Malala's coattails.
As long as Malala will allow it. If/when their friendship does end/drift apart, it will probably be Malala who ends it or lets it slowly fade away because I don't see Vee ever letting her go. Maybe it'll happen as they get older and Malala will drift away because she's busy traveling with her husband or starting a family. The typical stuff that happens as people get older. The fact that this article and every other article about Vee start off with how she's Malala's bff shows how Vee is only interesting because of the people around her. Without this friendship, Vee would be just another aspiring social media influencer.

Reactions: 16
Why is it always the Times/FT these influencers end up in?! Clearly got links from their management. Tory affiliated papers too, love to see it ✌☠

• Haha
Reactions: 9
"It was at McDonald’s, she says, that she gained some of her most valuable life experience: how to problem-solve, how to read people, how to de-escalate situations and how to manage high stress, such as spending her evening selling Happy Meals and the entire night doing her homework."

This part is soooo stupid, like if she really thought Mcdonalds is so educating, she could have dropped oxford any time she wants :ROFLMAO: It sounds like when you try to convince an interviewer to be hired without any relevant experience so you makeup imaginary gains from an irrelevant experience.

If mcdonalds can provide many experiences to its employees, why Mcd has the worst reputation for its workforce. Oh i know because everyone else can not grasp the skills of "problem-solve, how to read people, how to de-escalate situations and how to manage high stress" Vee mentiones. She is sooo special and the most main character so unlike commonfolk she can take advantage of the immersive experience of a part time fast food job.

Her obsession of being the main character is just her disguised ego-centrism.

why would she learn how to read people at mcdonalds?? trying to figure out whether the customer wants a 6 pc or 12 pc mcnugget meal?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She threw another party for herself🤦🏼‍♀️
What's next? Is she gonna throw a party for doing the hard work of throwing a party?

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 7.48.00 PM.png

I'm so confused? They didn't commemorate her or anything, it looks like she just helped fund/ open a new facility? She's acting like they named the building after her..
"We put MY book in the school library" feels so self-congratulatory and self-centred. No, they just bought a copy to put in the library lol. Actually they didn't even need to, because apparently she sent 200 (!!!) copies to them. So she could sign all 200 (!!!) copies and boost her already huge-ass ego.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
What's next? Is she gonna throw a party for doing the hard work of throwing a party?

View attachment 906017
I'm so confused? They didn't commemorate her or anything, it looks like she just helped fund/ open a new facility? She's acting like they named the building after her..
"We put MY book in the school library" feels so self-congratulatory and self-centred. No, they just bought a copy to put in the library lol. Actually they didn't even need to, because apparently she sent 200 (!!!) copies to them. So she could sign all 200 (!!!) copies and boost her already huge-ass ego.
Her grammar is atrocious, I hope someone ran her 'book' through spellcheck

Reactions: 3
With another 100000 balloons which are so bad for the environment
And with no masks in sight?! I dont know most of the people but i know Jack came from freaking FRANCE! Did covid just disappeared in uk? Even though its not enforced by law, THEY should have thought about the risk of spread.

According to CDC "It has highlighted that health equity is still not a reality as COVID-19 has unequally affected many racial and ethnic minority groups, putting them more at risk of getting sick and dying from COVID-19"

The youtubers like Vee, Ruby and Jack claim they are so woke about the issues of minority. And they dont consider the indirect result of their actions. Its not that Vee held a party with 20-30 people but also all the insta stories (and upcoming yt vlog) feed the false perception of covid is diminishing while more than 100 people die everyday due to covid EVERYDAY & ONLY IN UK.

I have this perception about Vee; unfortunately she doesnt care any other minority than herself. She always presents herself as if she was the world ambassador of minorities/poc but i feel like her claims are empty and her activism is limited to self-promotion.

Reactions: 8
Yes her achievements are amazing. But she’s so unbearably smug and entitled that it’s really hard to be happy for her. Using Malala for social media attention and as the poster girl for her vlogs and posts is just manipulative.

Reactions: 13
Yes her achievements are amazing. But she’s so unbearably smug and entitled that it’s really hard to be happy for her. Using Malala for social media attention and as the poster girl for her vlogs and posts is just manipulative.
StonesThrowaway here again, deleted my account and then decided to make a new one to spill tea about Vee lol. Has anyone ever called her out on her using Malala like this? It's embarrassingly obvious. Newsflash: if your brand is based on having a famous friend or people only talk about you/your videos because of your famous friend, then you clearly don't have much to offer.

I have so much I could say about Vee from my time in Oxford with her! Long story short: she overestimates her own importance and exaggerates her accomplishments as seen with the "plaque" and "singed" 200 books that she sent. She says that she challenged Harvard and Oxford but her "challenging" Oxford was her very surface level "I felt out of place because of my background" aka stuff that MANY other people in Oxford have said before. Last year Vee tweeted something about how Oxford hadn't said anything about BLM and then Oxford tweeted something a few mins later. She then liked some tweets from her stans claiming that Oxford did it because of her when really it was just a coincidence. There are plenty of people who challenge the status quo in Oxford but Vee isn't one of them. I want to root for her because she's not a typical white upper class studytuber but it's been hard ever since she bought into her own hype.

There's some more that I can spill about her since we had some mutual friends but I'll save that for another time lol

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Please do!
Here's some more tea about Malala and Vee before I delete again:

- Someone else in this thread already said this but the principal of Lady Margaret Hall in Oxford really liked Vee during her foundation year here because she was so charming. He was the one who put her in touch with Malala. She brags about making Oxford history by being one of the first people in this foundation course but idk it's as "historical" as she claims. She always exaggerated her achievements.

- Vee played up her love of education to get closer to Malala. Don't get me wrong. She really is interested in education but it became more of her thing when Malala came.

- She called Malala her bff almost as soon as this friendship started. Is there a friend version of love bombing? That's what Vee did.
Vee always had to be the center of attention and it became worse when her youtube channel took off. Her poses in her facebook pics became more obnoxious with that fake laughing pose that influencers do. It was so awkward to watch her do that when there was clearly nothing funny lol. There's an example where she's doing this in Malala's wedding pics and no one else seems to be laughing at whatever imaginary thing was so funny. Malala's other friend is looking at her like "wtf are you doing?" lol.

- One reason why Vee applied to Harvard is because Malala applied there for a masters. Malala decided not to go but Vee was hoping to play up the image of going to an Ivy League straight from Oxford with her "bff" Malala. I heard a rumour that Malala wrote a letter of rec for Harvard for Vee but I don't know how true that is.

- I got the vibe that Vee was jealous that Malala had a lot of other friends in Oxford because she would try to be the center of Malala's attention in group settings. Just a vibe though. Vee has plenty of other close bffs but she acts like Malala is her bestest closest one. She's not.

- Like I said before, Vee tried to market herself as a changemaker in Oxford. Her access advocacy always centered herself and she never spoke up about the more serious issues with racism at Oxford. I don't think she ever used her platform to promote the student groups at Oxford who are doing the actual advocacy work and if she did I'm sure she brought the topic back to herself. She tried to take credit for Oxford speaking up about BLM last year but Oxford was already prepping a statement before she tweeted about it. I know this because I have a friend of a friend in the uni's comms team.

She was a fun person to be around at first but she became harder to be around when she bought into her own hype. The work that she's done is great but it's no where near as revolutionary as she's claiming it is. I'm really surprised that no one has exposed her for being a clout chaser yet (not just with Malala but becoming bffs with these other famous studytubers). Bye again!

• Wow
Reactions: 22
does anyone here follow holly gabrielle?

she went to vee's book launch and only put about about 1 min of it in her vlog but jaysus the cringe:
-vee being introduced by her sister like she's about to win a nobel peace prize
-vee waltzing in like she's won an oscar or something
-vee signing holly's book, holly trying to make some conversation with her but vee doesn't make eye contact and at the end gives her a 'meet and greet' style photo op.... the fuuuuuuq lol

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

she went to vee's book launch and only put about about 1 min of it in her vlog but jaysus the cringe:
-vee signing holly's book, holly trying to make some conversation with her but vee doesn't make eye contact and at the end gives her a 'meet and greet' style photo op.... the fuuuuuuq lol
Holy tit, so bleeping embarrassing and attention seeking.

Yes, I saw it too, so cringe. I think eventually the attention will move away from Vee and she'll struggle with not getting constant over the top praise and celebration over everything.

Reactions: 10
Can any of you guys take one for the team, read the book and let us know what it’s about? :LOL: I’d read it myself but I have a huge distaste for anything remotely preachy and self-help-y.

I’ve just seen her latest post about Smiley News saying that VK is making education more accessible. I’m sorry but what exactly is she doing? We might agree that her study videos back in Oxford days were useful/inspirational for others. But what is she doing now? Is she linking up volunteer tutors with students from unprivileged backgrounds? Is she linking up firms with students who need shadowing experience? Is she offering to review your personal statement and give advice on uni applications? Does she have volunteers to practise interviews with and who will offer feedback and meaningful tips? This is how you make (higher) education more accessible. Churning out video clips with motivational speeches for IG is nice or whatever, but it’s not going to offer any real help to those who need it.

Reactions: 15
Can any of you guys take one for the team, read the book and let us know what it’s about? :LOL: I’d read it myself but I have a huge distaste for anything remotely preachy and self-help-y.

I’ve just seen her latest post about Smiley News saying that VK is making education more accessible. I’m sorry but what exactly is she doing? We might agree that her study videos back in Oxford days were useful/inspirational for others. But what is she doing now? Is she linking up volunteer tutors with students from unprivileged backgrounds? Is she linking up firms with students who need shadowing experience? Is she offering to review your personal statement and give advice on uni applications? Does she have volunteers to practise interviews with and who will offer feedback and meaningful tips? This is how you make (higher) education more accessible. Churning out video clips with motivational speeches for IG is nice or whatever, but it’s not going to offer any real help to those who need it.
I agree with you. I won't take one for the team because self help books and aspirational books make me cringe, 😂

Reactions: 5
This is what I have issue with too. She's banking on the old "I did it, so anyone can!" rhetoric to seem like she's doing something, as opposed to actively opening doors for various demographics she wants to represent.

Reactions: 7