Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can somebody who attends Oxford and is so intelligent also lack basic common sense?
You'd think with a following the size she has, she'd fact check before doing stupid things on the internet.

Also, who do we think the Empowered By See speakers are? I'm hazarding a guess at Jade, Ruby, Jack, Malala, Ehis. I don't think Eve Cornwell will be there this time (being that she's a lawyer and presumably kinda busy), Eve Bennett probably the same - Holly Gabrielle might be an interesting addition. I'd maybe attend online if Eleba Handtrack or Rosie Crawford were invited.

Reactions: 2
She is in France-- did she say why? I’ve not been watching her stories but saw she’s in Nice?

It won't let me quote you but in reply to n8459:

I often think she isn't that intelligent at all when I'm watching her (at least academically).

She got B's and C's in her A levels, then onto the foundation scheme at Oxford when a place popped up at the last minute. Then she got into Oxford from the foundation scheme (much easier than regular application) for classical archaeology, which is one of the least competitive degrees at Oxford (they interview 90% of applicants, https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/und...ing/classical-archaeology-and-ancient-history ).

Then she got into Harvard for a Masters from the Graduate School or Education, which is the least competitive department in Harvard (54% of applicants get offers, https://www.petersons.com/graduate-...sters-programs-in-education-000_10035777.aspx ). I would guess that because it's so unrelated to her undergraduate degree, she got in mainly off the back of her social media work.

I'm not trying to say that she can't be proud of these things. And the Masters seems to be a really good fit. But I think people often go 'Oh! Oxford AND Harvard! She's so smart!' without realizing that going to a generic Russell Group uni for undergrad and then postgrad is a similar level of competitiveness (if not more so, for postgrad) to the courses she's applied to.

Reactions: 33

I often think she isn't that intelligent at all when I'm watching her (at least academically).

She got B's and C's in her A levels, then onto the foundation scheme at Oxford when a place popped up at the last minute. Then she got into Oxford from the foundation scheme (much easier than regular application) for classical archaeology, which is one of the least competitive degrees at Oxford (they interview 90% of applicants, https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/und...ing/classical-archaeology-and-ancient-history ).

Then she got into Harvard for a Masters from the Graduate School or Education, which is the least competitive department in Harvard (54% of applicants get offers, https://www.petersons.com/graduate-...sters-programs-in-education-000_10035777.aspx ). I would guess that because it's so unrelated to her undergraduate degree, she got in mainly off the back of her social media work.

I'm not trying to say that she can't be proud of these things. And the Masters seems to be a really good fit. But I think people often go 'Oh! Oxford AND Harvard! She's so smart!' without realizing that going to a generic Russell Group uni for undergrad and then postgrad is a similar level of competitiveness (if not more so, for postgrad) to the courses she's applied to.
These are all really good points. She’s obviously a hard worker and she’s been given some good opportunities as well but yeah the constant idolising is annoying. The foundation year was a massive help to her and I imagine it’s almost exclusively her SM work that’s got her on to her degree at Harvard.

I find the whole Empowered by Vee comes across as a bit of a vanity project? Like why do I need you to empower me 😂 Then all her stans pander towards her, why people idolise SM influencers I don’t know!

Reactions: 12
Reading her personal statements, I think she is clever (to an extent). I think Empowered by Vee called literally anything else would be a great idea. But I really don't think she's quite as special as she likes to make out.

Reactions: 8
no way would someone her age working a minimum wage job be able to do something like that. she's acting like all she did was 'work hard!' but she's in such a privileged position

• Sick
Reactions: 26
no way would someone her age working a minimum wage job be able to do something like that. she's acting like all she did was 'work hard!' but she's in such a privileged position
I always thought she was quite down to earth and not a middle class twit. Now she’s perpetuating the idea that anyone can “work hard” and earn 26k wtf, she’s definitely changed and lost where she came from. YouTube clearly changes people

• Sick
Reactions: 24
Definitely a humble brag. That’s such a ridiculous amount of money to make in three months. She put a story up beforehand saying she wasn’t sure whether to share. I think she should have kept quiet. She could’ve answered in a Q&A at a later date that she self funded so there’s no need for her to brag, especially about how quick she made it.

It’s insensitive to the hundreds of thousands of people unemployed in the UK right now. I’ve got friends her age working minimum wage jobs with degrees or unemployed or still living with parents because of finances. I don’t know, maybe I’m just generally mad at influencers right now.

Also, I’m assuming she’s returned from France now? Did she do her MANDATORY by LAW self isolation? (Pretty sure you still need to isolate after coming back from France) or is she, like all other influencers, above the law? 🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 23
"my management team secured me brand deals but i saved every penny all by myself" okay vee

Reactions: 18
I mean I might be the only one but I don't think that's so insensitive... I get why she would be happy about her accomplishment and after all she's the one who created the yt channel and following. She's indeed in a privileged position, but I find it cool that she's using it to continue her studies and get her dream career instead than just live a fancy life in London like Jack Edwards... Her wording might be improved maybe, but I get the sense that she's just blown away by the fact that attending Harvad debt free is a possibility for her, and who wouldn't. It isn't her part time job at a pizza place that payed, clearly, but it isn't mum and dad either!
I don't follow her that much, so I might be missing part of her behaviour, I just don't find this particular thing that terible!

Reactions: 6

Just a correction : She just got Bs

Reactions: 1
Just a correction : She just got Bs
Ok, my bad, B's then. But when in 2016 25.8% of A levels were graded at A or above, that means that by getting B's she's not even in the top quarter for any subject...

Again, the Harvard degree sounds like a great fit. I just don't think she's very smart (academically) and none of her results are objectively that great.

Reactions: 7