Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her dress at that party for her book is god awful, her boobs were spilling out the top when she sat down and then her slit (from the dress) was almost exposing her and then you could see her bra strap a lot of the time! With someone for so much money it sure lacked style!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Her dress at that party for her book is god awful, her boobs were spilling out the top when she sat down and then her slit (from the dress) was almost exposing her and then you could see her bra strap a lot of the time! With someone for so much money it sure lacked style!
she always dresses very showy

Reactions: 1
This is what I have issue with too. She's banking on the old "I did it, so anyone can!" rhetoric to seem like she's doing something, as opposed to actively opening doors for various demographics she wants to represent.
I agree. Motivational speaking is great but it isn't the same as educational activism/outreach with tangible impact and goals e.g. facilitating schools relationships with universities, providing free or subsidised UCAS mentoring, lobbying for change etc. Maybe she's doing those things and I just haven't noticed. But I see lots of praise for Vee on social media saying that she is doing amazing work, but I don't actually know what she is doing and no one seems to know...? Does anyone know lol. (I would like to give her credit where it's due.)

Reactions: 17
I agree. Motivational speaking is great but it isn't the same as educational activism/outreach with tangible impact and goals e.g. facilitating schools relationships with universities, providing free or subsidised UCAS mentoring, lobbying for change etc. Maybe she's doing those things and I just haven't noticed. But I see lots of praise for Vee on social media saying that she is doing amazing work, but I don't actually know what she is doing and no one seems to know...? Does anyone know lol. (I would like to give her credit where it's due.)
I've taken a look at her LinkedIn, and I'm still none the wiser really. A lot of her employment descriptions are really vague or full of platitudes which don't say what the roles actually involve. She seems to have a lot of 'honorary' (for want of a better word) roles that don't actually mean she does much for that organisation/company.

The only substantial employment role she's had in the last few years was the recent grad job she quit after 3 months, so not really sure what a potential employer would think of that. Awards and ambassadorships are all well and good, but she needs to maintain a clear work ethic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I agree with what you guys are saying about the unbearably narcissistic Vee Kativhu and find this post fascinating. Like Vee, I too studied at Oxford. But this was many moons ago in the era of Boris, Jacob Rees Mogg and other notorious characters. I did not enter via a conventional route and joined in the mid 80ā€™s as a ā€œmature studentā€ having been given a second chance through an educational initiative that I am always grateful for, and have worked as a University Lecturer for most of my adult life. I can therefore completely understand how the foundation year at LMH gave her a chance to get an Oxford degree, and being a champion of ā€œsocial mobilityā€ I can see what a wonderful achievement it was for a woman from an under-represented ethnic group to achieve this. But while Veeā€™s achievements are certainly admirable, there is a word that sadly doesnā€™t reflect her character, and this word is ā€œhumilityā€. With her constant bragging, she almost reminds me of a caricature from an American high school movie - the ā€œpopular girlā€ who constantly seeks attention and affirmation. And although she has portrayed herself as a changemaker through her achievements at Oxford and Harvard, I just canā€™t help thinking that the advocacy she communicates reflects a narrative that is centred on herself and her own ambition above anything else. Her relationship with her so called ā€œbbfā€ Malala is also blatantly opportunist, which just fuels this ambition and social climbing. If I ever came across Vee Iā€™d like to ask her how far has really immersed herself in uncomfortable debates about the spectre of racism in higher education, and how this is being addressed? Iā€™d also like to say that constant bragging on social media about ā€œyour wonderful lifeā€ could actually be perceived as quite divisive and toxic by many people. If she could produce a body of work that captures the realities of racism with a true humility and brilliance that makes her stand out as a social activist, Iā€™d respect her. But not now.

Reactions: 20
I agree with what you guys are saying about the unbearably narcissistic Vee Kativhu and find this post fascinating. Like Vee, I too studied at Oxford. But this was many moons ago in the era of Boris, Jacob Rees Mogg and other notorious characters. I did not enter via a conventional route and joined in the mid 80ā€™s as a ā€œmature studentā€ having been given a second chance through an educational initiative that I am always grateful for, and have worked as a University Lecturer for most of my adult life. I can therefore completely understand how the foundation year at LMH gave her a chance to get an Oxford degree, and being a champion of ā€œsocial mobilityā€ I can see what a wonderful achievement it was for a woman from an under-represented ethnic group to achieve this. But while Veeā€™s achievements are certainly admirable, there is a word that sadly doesnā€™t reflect her character, and this word is ā€œhumilityā€. With her constant bragging, she almost reminds me of a caricature from an American high school movie - the ā€œpopular girlā€ who constantly seeks attention and affirmation. And although she has portrayed herself as a changemaker through her achievements at Oxford and Harvard, I just canā€™t help thinking that the advocacy she communicates reflects a narrative that is centred on herself and her own ambition above anything else. Her relationship with her so called ā€œbbfā€ Malala is also blatantly opportunist, which just fuels this ambition and social climbing. If I ever came across Vee Iā€™d like to ask her how far has really immersed herself in uncomfortable debates about the spectre of racism in higher education, and how this is being addressed? Iā€™d also like to say that constant bragging on social media about ā€œyour wonderful lifeā€ could actually be perceived as quite divisive and toxic by many people. If she could produce a body of work that captures the realities of racism with a true humility and brilliance that makes her stand out as a social activist, Iā€™d respect her. But not now.
Very well said. When the social media buzz around her dies down what will she have to focus on? She's too busy blowing her own trumpet but not actually doing any work, in my view. I think the book deal has gone to her head.
Her Youtube following and Instagram following are likely mostly students who in a couple of years (if not sooner) will age out of her viewership and move on. Younger students will be naturally following newer Studytubers. When that happens she will have to graft to make the kind of money that is being thrown at her for ads right now. I hope she has an exit plan.

I believe she can still make a difference but she needs a realistic plan, and a job, to do so. Saying affirmations and empty words only gets you so far. This is what frustrates me about Studytubers because they get big headed but in a few years time noone will remember Vee, Ruby, Jack, Jade, Holly, etc.

I get that they try to encourage young people but as soon as the ads rolls in their values around study, materialism and 'goals' become unattainable or unrealistic for 99% of young followers.

Maybe if the same happened to me I'd be a bit of an ego too.

TLDR: Vee has a platform but it's all very superficial 'changemaking'.

Reactions: 9
Thanks for your insightful comments Emmer. I remember that a neuro-psychologist once told me that adolescence doesnā€™t really end until around 24 years, so maybe Veeā€™s attention seeking behaviour could be partly attributed to this. However, I still think that she is quite a strategic operator who uses platitudes and charm for her own self serving ways. You are right, saying affirmations will only get you so far in life and StudyTubers like her might be forgotten in years to come. A combination of talent and humility is such an endearing quality in someone, and this is something Vee needs to develop.

Reactions: 5
she is the type of person that you know something is wrong with her from first meeting and your friends never notice her fake attitude, they adore her and they can not understand why you dont like her...

Here's some more tea about Malala and Vee before I delete again:

- Someone else in this thread already said this but the principal of Lady Margaret Hall in Oxford really liked Vee during her foundation year here because she was so charming. He was the one who put her in touch with Malala. She brags about making Oxford history by being one of the first people in this foundation course but idk it's as "historical" as she claims. She always exaggerated her achievements.

- Vee played up her love of education to get closer to Malala. Don't get me wrong. She really is interested in education but it became more of her thing when Malala came.

- She called Malala her bff almost as soon as this friendship started. Is there a friend version of love bombing? That's what Vee did.
Vee always had to be the center of attention and it became worse when her youtube channel took off. Her poses in her facebook pics became more obnoxious with that fake laughing pose that influencers do. It was so awkward to watch her do that when there was clearly nothing funny lol. There's an example where she's doing this in Malala's wedding pics and no one else seems to be laughing at whatever imaginary thing was so funny. Malala's other friend is looking at her like "wtf are you doing?" lol.

- One reason why Vee applied to Harvard is because Malala applied there for a masters. Malala decided not to go but Vee was hoping to play up the image of going to an Ivy League straight from Oxford with her "bff" Malala. I heard a rumour that Malala wrote a letter of rec for Harvard for Vee but I don't know how true that is.

- I got the vibe that Vee was jealous that Malala had a lot of other friends in Oxford because she would try to be the center of Malala's attention in group settings. Just a vibe though. Vee has plenty of other close bffs but she acts like Malala is her bestest closest one. She's not.

- Like I said before, Vee tried to market herself as a changemaker in Oxford. Her access advocacy always centered herself and she never spoke up about the more serious issues with racism at Oxford. I don't think she ever used her platform to promote the student groups at Oxford who are doing the actual advocacy work and if she did I'm sure she brought the topic back to herself. She tried to take credit for Oxford speaking up about BLM last year but Oxford was already prepping a statement before she tweeted about it. I know this because I have a friend of a friend in the uni's comms team.

She was a fun person to be around at first but she became harder to be around when she bought into her own hype. The work that she's done is great but it's no where near as revolutionary as she's claiming it is. I'm really surprised that no one has exposed her for being a clout chaser yet (not just with Malala but becoming bffs with these other famous studytubers). Bye again!
Thanks for the tea!! Long time lurker. This may be petty to ask but do you know the relationship between her and friend I think Josh? Just seemed a bit off that she constantly said heā€™s her best friend but seemed like she liked him at points

It makes me laugh how dead this thread is, and also how dead her content is now. Like, why is she still making a week in the life (which was 2 days lmao) at Harvard videos when she's not been a student for literal months??

Also, I would be so bleeping fuming if I spent as much money as she did on a masters and was doing nothing with it

It makes me laugh how dead this thread is, and also how dead her content is now. Like, why is she still making a week in the life (which was 2 days lmao) at Harvard videos when she's not been a student for literal months??

Also, I would be so bleeping fuming if I spent as much money as she did on a masters and was doing nothing with it
Her views are pretty shocking too. I bet her management is relieved that she churned out a book before she became completely irrelevant.

Reactions: 4
She clearly idolises Grace Beverley. Sheā€™s just all about the clout, manufacturing ways to pay herself on the back. I think shes got some serious self esteem problems deep down, the need for external validation is just embarrassing šŸ˜³

Reactions: 4
also, her declaration of ad's is absolutely awful, how is this allowed? :rolleyes:I didn't even see the one on the civil service one until I properly zoomed in on her videos
1643820863312.png
easily the most disappointed in her out of all the studytubers, I genuinely really enjoyed her videos when she was at Oxford and the cramming for essays bc it felt relatable, now i really don't even know who she's trying to appeal to

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
easily the most disappointed in her out of all the studytubers, I genuinely really enjoyed her videos when she was at Oxford and the cramming for essays bc it felt relatable, now i really don't even know who she's trying to appeal to
same!! her videos were so fun and relatable, she felt like someone I could meet in a seminar or at the library... but now???? I'm curious how long she'll manage to hold on to the influencer fame

Reactions: 2