Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lurker1997

So what do you guys think of this relaunch of the Empowerment by Vee thing? I don’t really understand the concept of this platform but this made me remember when a few months ago she bought Starbucks coffee for a lot of people online. What was that about? I understood nothing of that inniciative, what was she thinking?
I understand the annual event kind of, but unsure of what the network is going to entail.

It looks like her sister has a background in social work, although she's still a student so unsure how much authority she has yet but at least her BA degree is also relevant unlike Vee's. Vee's authority just seems to be her experience which yeah fair enough but I think you need more than that.

I'd like to see what the network platform is going to entail and who else they are gonna bring onboard. I don't wanna see just a load of students doing it, I wanna see actual university staff as I think they have more authority to help.

Reactions: 2

quartzen

Is she just gone? I know she was doing a social media break for January, but it’s almost mid feb and nothing but a tweet and a sponsored post...?

emmer_moans

VIP Member
plss i only know her as the chick who's so happy to be friends with Malala. she never failed to put her on her youtube videos & instagram posts. didnt know she had other messier stuff going on.

the last video of hers i watched was when she announced she was going to harvard for her masters. i remember watching her essay crisis videos & that's about it lmao. i never thought she was interesting by herself if u know what i mean - & this is probably why she puts OXFORD this HARVARD that in every damn youtube video. she knows she has nothing else going for herself
When her youtube attention dies down she's going to find it hard just to get on with her day without seeking praise.

pumpkinssspice

I don't understand how her Master's degree is not even a year long as she said she'll finish in May or June? It seems like she doesn't even have to write a dissertation? Unless she does and just hasn't mentioned it?

not fussed at all

How can somebody who attends Oxford and is so intelligent also lack basic common sense?
You'd think with a following the size she has, she'd fact check before doing stupid things on the internet.

Also, who do we think the Empowered By See speakers are? I'm hazarding a guess at Jade, Ruby, Jack, Malala, Ehis. I don't think Eve Cornwell will be there this time (being that she's a lawyer and presumably kinda busy), Eve Bennett probably the same - Holly Gabrielle might be an interesting addition. I'd maybe attend online if Eleba Handtrack or Rosie Crawford were invited.

Lola123

VIP Member
Oh my Christ, why even respond but she sounds like she doesn’t believe the girl, “where they will hope to get to the bottom of it soon” what you gonna do when he gets caught, he’s been arrested? So that shows something

July9696

Chatty Member
This is the place that did her hair, I thought London went into tier 4 before Christmas, therefore they have clearly been breaking the law, if anyone can find the specific address I’m reporting them
That Instagram page is unreal, they are clearly breaking lockdown rules! Why do people think the rules don’t apply to them?! Vee is no better, she clearly got her hair done for her comeback video 🤮 I hope people have called her out on YouTube comments. What an absolute joke.

whatshesaid123

Chatty Member
I’m confused at where she’s living? In London? With Malala?

Low-key mad she’s able to do her masters while living in London(?) when I did mine I had three jobs! She’s in such a privileged position with her YouTube and influencer stuff- paying outright for Harvard and affording London rent while studying... she also got SUCH a leg up with her three Bs at a level 🤷🏻‍♀️
I don’t understand why she made such a fuss about making her bedroom at home to be like an “office” and then she’s moved to London, especially that’s she’s moved in the new lockdown - it makes no sense

bublifuk

Didn't even cross my mind that she broke lockdown rules for her hair when I watched the video, but you guys are right. Wtf!

be11atrix

just posted a new video about her phd...how is her phd only 3 years long and thereadheadacademic is 6 years?? this girl explained that in the us phds tend to be longer, as you take classes the first years, maybe even teach undergraduates but you won't start researching and writing until 3rd year....why is eve's phd different?
---
btw it would be hilarious if her phd is actually 6 years long but she didn't do her research properly and just assumed that they're as long as the ones in the uk but she hasn't realised yet
Take it she's planning to do it full time as well? Surely not with all her current commitments and rate of travel... oh, and don't forget the 5 days holiday every month or whatever Vee's promised herself for ✨️self-care✨️.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
The fact that she scored out all the names which aren’t hers in her insta post congratulating herself 😭😭😭
yet another prize... seems suspicious to me :ROFLMAO: Her ego is going to be soooo massive by the time she's done her PhD. She seems to win something every month...

missmina

VIP Member
I know for a fact not a single one of the teachers who were there at the time, would have said that to her. The teachers that she had, were all incredibly supportive and encouraged everyone to reach the goals that they set for themselves no matter how difficult they may seem. It was what the entire school was based around, so I’m not sure where she got that from!
She’s probably made that up.