Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bbbws

She didn’t need to show off her hair. Even if she broke rules on the quiet, she could have passed off the wig as one of those you can put on yourself, but no, she’s tagged the company that fitted it and posted pics of the fitting... how daft?!
My guess would be she got it cheaper (or even free) in exchange for publicity. I mean she did say she earned 26k on brand deals lol I wouldn’t be surprised if she arranged a deal like that with the salon or company or whatever. (Not that it would be a bad thing if covid wasn’t a factor, just saying!).

Reactions: 1

Lurker1997

Sorry but businesses have been struggling due to the pandemic (this one maybe so much they’re desperate to break covid restrictions) if she can afford Harvard the girl can afford to pay for hair. It’s actually sickening that influencers are taking things are sectors that are struggling and if she did get it for free then she needs to disclose that by saying gifted or PR product
Nothing excuses breaking covid laws and I’m getting sick of people defending covid rule breakers
Agree. I can easily see this salon choosing to operate despite lockdown rules because they simply can't afford not to at this point... that risking the fines is worth it to get some income. If she then took advantage and got it done at a discount or for free (when she can't even properly promote the salon because it shows breaking lockdown rules) is just disgusting. Now is not the time for trying to get freebies, if you can afford to support businesses then you should.

In an ideal world they wouldn't be operating and she wouldn't have got her hair done at all, but eh.

n8459

Chatty Member
The fact that she scored out all the names which aren’t hers in her insta post congratulating herself 😭😭😭

mindlessness

VIP Member
She kept mentioning NYU and even bought some merch from the stash store when she made an application to them last year, and got rejected 🫣 She was 'manifesting' NYU pretty openly on her Instagram, whereas I feel like she has barely mentioned her university now.
Yes the NYU stuff was so cringeworthy.

July9696

Chatty Member
Where’s she said that?
It’s in her latest post. She’s also tagged a different brand (not herlace) though so I dont get it, but even if she did get that sent to her and she did it herself, on herlace there’s several videos of her getting it done professionally!!!

Her nails on the pic of her on herlace are chipped af and it matches her YouTube chipped af nails 😂 so she’s clearly had her hair done ILLEGALLY I noticed it cos it looks so bad

ECH

VIP Member
I have a bit of sympathy (not much) as she didn’t get a graduation for her undergrad, but then she would’ve known that this likely to be the case when she started the masters. Not to be mean but Oxford and Harvard is impressive on a CV and that’s what counts, not the insta photos 🤷🏽‍♀️
Yeah like a graduation is still a rite of passage and, speaking from experience, it sucks to miss yours and feel like you didn't get that closure on any of your course.

asapq

I'd be surprised if she applied to Pepperdine considering its a very white, Christian university it doesn't seem like her vibe

It won't let me quote you but in reply to n8459:

I often think she isn't that intelligent at all when I'm watching her (at least academically).

She got B's and C's in her A levels, then onto the foundation scheme at Oxford when a place popped up at the last minute. Then she got into Oxford from the foundation scheme (much easier than regular application) for classical archaeology, which is one of the least competitive degrees at Oxford (they interview 90% of applicants, https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/und...ing/classical-archaeology-and-ancient-history ).

Then she got into Harvard for a Masters from the Graduate School or Education, which is the least competitive department in Harvard (54% of applicants get offers, https://www.petersons.com/graduate-...sters-programs-in-education-000_10035777.aspx ). I would guess that because it's so unrelated to her undergraduate degree, she got in mainly off the back of her social media work.

I'm not trying to say that she can't be proud of these things. And the Masters seems to be a really good fit. But I think people often go 'Oh! Oxford AND Harvard! She's so smart!' without realizing that going to a generic Russell Group uni for undergrad and then postgrad is a similar level of competitiveness (if not more so, for postgrad) to the courses she's applied to.
Just a correction : She just got Bs