Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dankir

I think so, someone also got her a 200,000 subscriber plaque. I'm all for women sharing their wins but it seems the balloons go up every week in Vee's house 😂
Possibly because she has a very supportive environment and achieved lots of things in a short timespan? Honestly she did objectively achieve multiple things in quick succession. I do agree buying balloons every time (especially if she buys them herself rather than other buying them for her) is a waste. And a little unnecessary. I know it's nice for the gram but she could just upload a happy photo of herself without them. But I completely understand her celebrating things like her birthday, releasing a book, graduating from uni etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

hanz1602

She keeps re posting that clip of her talking and asking people to share it…. I watched it and I thought what’s so great about her brand? It just feels like she says what so many other people say and because she has a platform she can be more known for it. But she doesn’t really say anything special… paying teachers more for example we Know That and it’s been talked about so much but what can she actually do about it? Just feels like false promises

Tommyb

Chatty Member
Just casually name dropping lady gaga and Elton John lol. She said there's so much to say she never knows how to introduce herself lmao. My eyes hurt from the rolling.

The talking with her mouth full and with it open in her video!. Actually was making me retch. The mouth sounds 🤢

• Sick
But a lot of it has now gone past the point of well done you’re doing so well to boastful and exploitative of her viewers aka her course aka her book, her circumstance is very different to a lot of people so fine, give out free advice on YouTube collaborate with brands but if you argue social mobility exists (again this is up to you) this girl legit makes enough money and then some to fund her Harvard studies, it wasn’t an accident she made friends with someone like Malala, she is now middle class. Therefore her original path needs to be highlighted fair enough but she’s gone way beyond a lot of this
Personally I'd say it takes a generation to "change class" so to speak, like Liam Gallagher still describes himself as working class but I'd say his kids are upper/upper middle class. And Vee will still be judged on her background, accent etc by people. Being a social climber is cringe af tho, and I agree she definitely sought Malala out, although they do seem to be genuine friends now. Exploitative, meh, people are going to be idiots anyway and I'll reserve judgement for when the book comes out to see whether it's actually decent or not (obvs not going to buy it myself but I'm sure someone on here will report back). Boastful is matter of opinion, if she was announcing it in every causal conversation I'd agree but her channel is all about studying and productivity and stuff and showing her results is part of that as far as I'm concerned. If she did make a trophy to celebrate, that's a bit much and not something I would do but fuck it, it's been a miserable year, and if she's happy and celebrating good for her. I'll always judge her for breaking covid rules but a poc women being successful and celebrating that success I cba to get worked up about.

ECH

VIP Member
Masters are normally 2 years in the US, but it's not unheard of to do shorter ones and I wonder if she's been taking extra credit or something. I tried to find the info on Harvard's site but it doesn't seem to mention length for her masters.

Ok I found it, and the Ed.M which is what she's on I think is only one year.

She makes a big deal out of everything. And a lot of it she gets herself, she's shown that in videos.
I dunno, celebrating and making a big deal out of stuff rather than plodding along in a general state of mediocrity like I do seems quite nice ngl. I think it's just her personality to be super outgoing and cheerful, and a women being confident in herself and her accomplishments is a good thing to me. Breaking covid regulations not so much tho.

• Sick

purplerouge

I came here to ask when she became friends with Yara Shahidi? I know Yara is going to Harvard as an undergrad so how did her and Vee become friends? Yara doesn't even major in anything close to what Vee is doing. I am a graduate student and I don't often mingle with undergrads, much less online. It makes me wonder if Vee sought her out because she's constantly posting her in a similar way in which she did with Malala. Just some thoughts...

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Empowered by vee, whatever she’s turning this in to more merch and events for people to buy
I think the merch looks more like a pub merch hoodie for a drink. The lemon and "EBV", just reminds me of a softdrink or something 😅

• Haha

pumpkin87

I do not think she is anything special but she seemed genuinely passionate about certain issues and to have a lot of drive to push for some change. I think that could have taken very far and I think she had the potential of doing really good things if she had stayed a bit more humble and focused on doing the "dirty job" that working for social change really needs.

Magallanes

Oh okay, I just wanted to make sure thats what you said because although I have this weird feeling about Malala, I was never able to put a finger on it :unsure: and I have NEVER seen anything told about her online. I kinda felt bad about being suspicious towards a girl with her background. (the story of her injury and her role in UN mainly) Anyways Im intrigued why do you think she is trash so I can confirm my bias :devilish: (sorry its a little ot but vee is also attached to malala like a leech so maybe its not so off topic hahaha)
i've read online that the malala story is a fraud orchestrated by her father. one example of this is that he claims to be a women's education advocate but her wife -malala's mum- only learnt to read and write just a couple of years ago

obviously i've read these affirmations from hateful and anonymous youtube comments so i don't know to what extent they are true or not. also, i'm unsure wether the OP meant this when they said that malala is trash, i would also want to know their opinion on malala

• Wow

tattle420

VIP Member
this would make her seethe but no idea what claremont was & had to google it 🤷‍♀️ no more name brand schools huh vee

easily the most disappointed in her out of all the studytubers, I genuinely really enjoyed her videos when she was at Oxford and the cramming for essays bc it felt relatable, now i really don't even know who she's trying to appeal to
same!! her videos were so fun and relatable, she felt like someone I could meet in a seminar or at the library... but now???? I'm curious how long she'll manage to hold on to the influencer fame

Reactions: 2