Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lailakittu

Here's some more tea about Malala and Vee before I delete again:

- Someone else in this thread already said this but the principal of Lady Margaret Hall in Oxford really liked Vee during her foundation year here because she was so charming. He was the one who put her in touch with Malala. She brags about making Oxford history by being one of the first people in this foundation course but idk it's as "historical" as she claims. She always exaggerated her achievements.

- Vee played up her love of education to get closer to Malala. Don't get me wrong. She really is interested in education but it became more of her thing when Malala came.

- She called Malala her bff almost as soon as this friendship started. Is there a friend version of love bombing? That's what Vee did.
Vee always had to be the center of attention and it became worse when her youtube channel took off. Her poses in her facebook pics became more obnoxious with that fake laughing pose that influencers do. It was so awkward to watch her do that when there was clearly nothing funny lol. There's an example where she's doing this in Malala's wedding pics and no one else seems to be laughing at whatever imaginary thing was so funny. Malala's other friend is looking at her like "wtf are you doing?" lol.

- One reason why Vee applied to Harvard is because Malala applied there for a masters. Malala decided not to go but Vee was hoping to play up the image of going to an Ivy League straight from Oxford with her "bff" Malala. I heard a rumour that Malala wrote a letter of rec for Harvard for Vee but I don't know how true that is.

- I got the vibe that Vee was jealous that Malala had a lot of other friends in Oxford because she would try to be the center of Malala's attention in group settings. Just a vibe though. Vee has plenty of other close bffs but she acts like Malala is her bestest closest one. She's not.

- Like I said before, Vee tried to market herself as a changemaker in Oxford. Her access advocacy always centered herself and she never spoke up about the more serious issues with racism at Oxford. I don't think she ever used her platform to promote the student groups at Oxford who are doing the actual advocacy work and if she did I'm sure she brought the topic back to herself. She tried to take credit for Oxford speaking up about BLM last year but Oxford was already prepping a statement before she tweeted about it. I know this because I have a friend of a friend in the uni's comms team.

She was a fun person to be around at first but she became harder to be around when she bought into her own hype. The work that she's done is great but it's no where near as revolutionary as she's claiming it is. I'm really surprised that no one has exposed her for being a clout chaser yet (not just with Malala but becoming bffs with these other famous studytubers). Bye again!
Thanks for the tea!! Long time lurker. This may be petty to ask but do you know the relationship between her and friend I think Josh? Just seemed a bit off that she constantly said he’s her best friend but seemed like she liked him at points