Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Wow. Disappointing. Really thought she was better than this :(
Agreed, i thought she was refreshing a year or so ago, but I think the influencer life has gotten to her head. She didn’t need to show off her hair. Even if she broke rules on the quiet, she could have passed off the wig as one of those you can put on yourself, but no, she’s tagged the company that fitted it and posted pics of the fitting... how daft?!

Reactions: 4

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Are we allowed to speculate? I reckon it's Californa State. The blanked out bit looks too long to be just 'Pepperdine' and from a quick Google it seems there aren't any other 'X X University' in California, only 'University of X'.

ETA seems there might be others - I don't understand this system :unsure:

emmer_moans

VIP Member
So she found in April but only announced tonight. Bet she announced it now to distract people from James.
Definitely, if she knew in April I bet she's had this in her drafts for a while, waiting for a good time to post. She's going to be insufferable for another 3 years!

nissigossips

Here's 100% proof she broke lockdown, because shes now saying she got her wig fitted at home NO YOU DIDN'T 😡

Screenshot_20210214-211548.png

• Sick
  • Wow

3calico3

VIP Member
It makes me laugh how dead this thread is, and also how dead her content is now. Like, why is she still making a week in the life (which was 2 days lmao) at Harvard videos when she's not been a student for literal months??

Also, I would be so fucking fuming if I spent as much money as she did on a masters and was doing nothing with it
Her views are pretty shocking too. I bet her management is relieved that she churned out a book before she became completely irrelevant.

3calico3

VIP Member
I enjoy the way she put 'Times Magazine' in her latest IG post, like anyone would get it confused for TIME magazine.

Reactions: 3

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Getting into a fully funded PhD program in the US is quite competitive. The usual stats are a 3.5-3.8 gpa and up (basically all A's and B+'s), high GRE scores (though some programs are test optional now because of covid), and they'd prefer it if you did undergraduate research. I'm thinking it helped that she's studying a more niche topic and that she's not from the US because from what I understand it's not common to participate in a professors research lab as an undergrad in the UK, so it wouldn't be counted against her.
I agree with you! Just to give a different perspective: it’s incredibly hard to get a place on any PhD programme in Ireland as well, with or without funding. You generally need to have at least a 2:1 Master’s degree (preferably 1:1) and your proposal needs to be immaculately planned and presented, and even then you can get turned down on a whim. Once you get a place, the application to secure funding is a whole other process and it usually doesn’t come from the university.

crowleyskeeper1

I think in the US PhDs tend to include more of a taught component.
For PhDs in the US, at first, you focus on graduate studies, but then as you progress you take fewer and fewer classes and focus on your research. Many also teach undergrads a class or two.
---
Ahh that explains why she’s not doing one in the UK. Doubt she could cope
Not to be that person, but a PhD program is largely what you make it. I don't think the UK has more rigorous PhD programs than the US, they're just different. Additionally, US degree programs are longer than UK degree programs, so it's not like there's less work.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
This thread is interesting because I share some similar sentiments.

I understand she was an Immigrant life myself and her dad died like myself and she's achieved so much. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't work hard enough. Then I remember bitch you had cancer lol

But I feel overall Vee has gone from relatable. To just hanging with celebs and bragging about it
She definitely had some 'drive' in her early study /essay crisis videos, and seemed really relatable but she's come into a lot of money and attention and trips abroad and now sees celebs as friends in the space of about 4 years and I do see it has gone to her head. 'Girls Education' is just a buzzword to her these days. Her true delight is when she gets to meet celebs and brag about it.

artemist

Chatty Member
She has to be SMASHHHING🙏🙏 or WINNNNING👑👑 everything - it's so dull. Thing is, all these boasts sound exactly the same so it just negates the impact of any true achievements.

I really think Vee must be so insecure about her work output if every event has to be documented online and made out to be a major life achievement.
Yeah exactly, the over the top boasts honestly just make me feel even more tired than I already am. 🤣 It’s too much energy for me. It makes it come off really manufactured and fake.

dankir

You can celebrate without acting like it's a 5 year old's birthday party. Who even cares about birthdays after they turn 20? When I graduated uni I got congratulations from my family, but that's it?
I'm similar. The last birthday party I had was when I was 10. I rarely do anything on my birthday as well. But that depends on your family. Clearly her family does care about it and that's ok too.

Richip16

Gloating 3.0 …. ‘ dragging out a life update’ you’re not a celebrity get over yourself

emmer_moans

VIP Member
And now it is her birthday and she is posting captions like "happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeee"

Get over yourself, love!

Eminado

A few California universities have 3 year education PhD programmes. I won't say which one I think she's attending but it's not hard to figure out from the letters she posted. It's a well respected university even if not a huge brand name.

mindlessness

VIP Member
She's certainly doing well for herself with the paid talks and opportunities and sponsorships. I wonder if part of the dilemma is that a PhD will take time away from the money making opportunities?

mindlessness

VIP Member
If it’s a US university won’t her programme go for 7 years? Or at least longer than 3 years. Maybe she’s confident she will finish early 🙄

Last edited: