Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
just posted a new video about her phd...how is her phd only 3 years long and thereadheadacademic is 6 years?? this girl explained that in the us phds tend to be longer, as you take classes the first years, maybe even teach undergraduates but you won't start researching and writing until 3rd year....why is eve's phd different?
---
btw it would be hilarious if her phd is actually 6 years long but she didn't do her research properly and just assumed that they're as long as the ones in the uk but she hasn't realised yet
th
Looks like on the Claremont PhD in Education website they estimate between 4 and 6 years. But it also says you can apply Masters credits towards your PhD. So Vee might have been able to get her Masters credited and thus cut down the time a bit? Just a guess though! It's definitely the norm for PhDs in the US to be 6/7 years as opposed to the 3/4 years common in the UK (because of that coursework and teaching coponent you mentioned).

Reactions: 3

be11atrix

She posted on her linkedin that she had been accepted into a PhD program for the fall of 2023... but says on her instagram she's studying for PhD admissions.. which one is it? It's almost impossible to get approved for a deferred PhD program so I'm guessing she's just lying on linkedin.
Maybe she's ✨️manifesting✨️ an acceptance? Write it on LinkedIn so it will come true??

Attachments

Larancia

Just saying that Malala is trash
Oh okay, I just wanted to make sure thats what you said because although I have this weird feeling about Malala, I was never able to put a finger on it :unsure: and I have NEVER seen anything told about her online. I kinda felt bad about being suspicious towards a girl with her background. (the story of her injury and her role in UN mainly) Anyways Im intrigued why do you think she is trash so I can confirm my bias :devilish: (sorry its a little ot but vee is also attached to malala like a leech so maybe its not so off topic hahaha)

Hasanah123

VIP Member
i've read online that the malala story is a fraud orchestrated by her father. one example of this is that he claims to be a women's education advocate but her wife -malala's mum- only learnt to read and write just a couple of years ago

obviously i've read these affirmations from hateful and anonymous youtube comments so i don't know to what extent they are true or not. also, i'm unsure wether the OP meant this when they said that malala is trash, i would also want to know their opinion on malala
This is what I meant, her father/family was very well known and not the poor girl story she gives

• Wow

whatshesaid123

Chatty Member
wait what
I genuinely couldn’t believe it, she was obviously only on it because of malala which is pretty sneaky tbh. Vee is clearly trying to make a big name for herself and i was shocked that she would be on something so big like the friends reunion

whatshesaid123

Chatty Member
In her latest video she was doing a class at 2 am, but she had her ring light on the desk as the only light in her room. Surely that’s not good - bright white light staring you in the face in the middle of the night. Just use a lamp with warmer light, it would be so much better for her eyes

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I havw no idea, but from what I can tell, 3 years seems to be an accelerated program, is she going to manage cramming all that work into 3 years? 🤔
California State seems to offer 3 year PhD programmes, they seem to be more like a professional doctorate than a traditional American PhD. They have other ones that seem to be the usual 4/5+ years too...

mindlessness

VIP Member
i've been checking the link you just sent but then i remembered that her phd is actually the one on urban leadership, because she says so in her most recent video:
https://www.cgu.edu/academics/program/urban-educational-leadership/

it has around 72 units (i don't know exactly what does it mean. like lessons? subjects?), and according to the website if you want to apply to some fellowships, students must be enrolled in at least 12 units per semester, so vee's right, she might finish it in 3 years...anyway how can each unit be $2020 worth??? was she willing to spend $145,440 on something she doesn't even seem interested in???
Oh good catch, I hadn't watched the video. Thank you! I would think she's on a studentship/scholarship to cover the costs of PhD. I hope so anyway :oops: That's a big outlay.

July9696

Chatty Member
I’m confused at where she’s living? In London? With Malala?

Low-key mad she’s able to do her masters while living in London(?) when I did mine I had three jobs! She’s in such a privileged position with her YouTube and influencer stuff- paying outright for Harvard and affording London rent while studying... she also got SUCH a leg up with her three Bs at a level 🤷🏻‍♀️

ECH

VIP Member
Humble brag? This girl is straight up bragging. Really cringe, I guess that's the life of a influencer tho.

Make me wonder if she is actually interested in those subjects, or just going for the brand name. Archaeology and education...strange transition.
I mean I don't know Vee's motivation, but I got a degree in archaeology and am hoping to transition into education policy too. Archaeology/classics is one of those degrees that you can do almost anything with.

July9696

Chatty Member
Isn’t Penguin the publisher that Grace Beverley signed to for her book too?

It seems to me they’re shifting to the influencer market. It makes sense as it’s a ready made audience who are likely to buy and make the publisher money.

It also just screams another way to make money... the whole scramble to monetise your bRanD is exhausting and inauthentic to me. That and adding “author” to their CVs.

Tittattattit

Chatty Member
It’s not the first time - i remember her attending a UN function in some short shorts. The UN is not going out for brunch with the girls vibes. I

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
What's next? Is she gonna throw a party for doing the hard work of throwing a party?

View attachment 906017
I'm so confused? They didn't commemorate her or anything, it looks like she just helped fund/ open a new facility? She's acting like they named the building after her..
"We put MY book in the school library" feels so self-congratulatory and self-centred. No, they just bought a copy to put in the library lol. Actually they didn't even need to, because apparently she sent 200 (!!!) copies to them. So she could sign all 200 (!!!) copies and boost her already huge-ass ego.
Her grammar is atrocious, I hope someone ran her 'book' through spellcheck