Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This did happen with someone I know. The combination of post-injury drowsiness and confusion can be disastrous. And if alcohol or other drugs are involved, it's even worse.
I also heard a story ages ago about a small child falling out of their bed and hitting their end, but otherwise being fine. Parents put the kid back to bed and it sadly passed away during the night, unnoticed. Apparently this can happen with head injuries, even if on the outside everything looks fine, swelling can happen in the brain. I don't doubt that if some drugs or alcohol was involved and maybe a misjudgement of the severity of an injury that it can happen.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
A mystery I often think about is the crash that killed all of Viola Beach. It seems like the driver did it deliberately- what do we all think?

• Sad
Reactions: 20
A mystery I often think about is the crash that killed all of Viola Beach. It seems like the driver did it deliberately- what do we all think?
I do wonder if the manager (driver) had some sort of psychotic or akinesis episode. A very similar case is the Moorgate tube crash where the driver drove the tube train straight into a brick wall. When they got his body out, he hadn't thrown his hands up in front of his face in a reflex action and his hand was still on the 'dead mans handle' the device where if the driver lets go, the train automatically stops.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I hate to pin that on a deceased person but yes, it does seem unlikely that he would overlook or misunderstand several warning lights and driving through two safety barriers. So strange.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
the viola beach one is weird because while moving at speed he wasn't at high speed, still put his foot on the brakes and manoeuvred around the cars parked waiting and drove up the hard shoulder bit and then hit the raised bridge. There was also 3 artic lorries parked waiting to the cars parked righthand side, so even if he didn't know it was a bridge he could see traffic was stopped across the 2 lanes. He also wasn't moving fast enough to be trying to avoid crashing into the stationary cars as he braked before them and could have easily come to a stand still.
It's just bizarre, couldn't have been planned given the random nature of the bridge being raised, so weird.

Reactions: 9
I do wonder if the manager (driver) had some sort of psychotic or akinesis episode. A very similar case is the Moorgate tube crash where the driver drove the tube train straight into a brick wall. When they got his body out, he hadn't thrown his hands up in front of his face in a reflex action and his hand was still on the 'dead mans handle' the device where if the driver lets go, the train automatically stops.
The Moorgate tube crash is horrifying.

Reactions: 5
Yes, aside from the appalling human cost, the fact that no rational explanation of the drivers action can be found. Witnesses said they the saw the driver just sitting in the cab motionless and staring ahead. If the guard hadn't have been reading a newspaper and paying attention, he could have applied the emergency brakes.......

• Sad
Reactions: 3
As well as the deaths, the young trainee police officer having to be cut out of the wreckage by the doctors amputating her foot to get her out always stuck with me. I wonder what she's at today.

I read a bit about this over the years and the suicide theory is interesting although I wasn't 100pc convinced. Leslie Newson was the drivers name.

Reactions: 2
The Viola Beach incident is so sad, I was lucky enough to see them live & during the main band( Courteeners) they came and stood near me on the balcony just enjoying the music

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As well as the deaths, the young trainee police officer having to be cut out of the wreckage by the doctors amputating her foot to get her out always stuck with me. I wonder what she's at today.

I read a bit about this over the years and the suicide theory is interesting although I wasn't 100pc convinced. Leslie Newson was the drivers name.
After reading this thread, today was the first time I’ve ever heard about the Moorgate tube crash. Absolutely horrifying, those poor people. It just goes to show how your life can change in an instant even as you’re going about your usual mundane activities.

Reactions: 23
After reading this thread, today was the first time I’ve ever heard about the Moorgate tube crash. Absolutely horrifying, those poor people. It just goes to show how your life can change in an instant even as you’re going about your usual mundane activities.
my Father in Law was a black cab driver..he regularly picked up a lady who'd been in the moorgate tube crash. She couldnt face travelling on the tube again.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I'd never heard of it before either. Sounds like the poor driver had a seizure or similar. I wonder if that's what this weeks Call the Midwife episode was based on.

Reactions: 11
I'd never heard of it before either. Sounds like the poor driver had a seizure or similar. I wonder if that's what this weeks Call the Midwife episode was based on.
Possibly petit mal epilepsy type of seizure as his hands were on the controls at the moment of the crash. He had cash in his pocket to buy a car after work and had joked about needing his sugar for his after shift cup of tea. He had also overshot platforms a couple of times in the previous weeks which was unusual as he was known to be meticulous or even pedantic. Unfortunately his body was the last to be removed after four days in an extremely hot atmosphere so the post mortem seems to have given rise to more questions than answers.

I remember it because my parents were in London at the time with my father have several meetings in London Office right in the heart of the City and panicking till I spoke to them (I was at school). Pictures are horrific and there was so little room that firemen had to go in sideways and use hand cutting tools such as hacksaws. It was also extremely hot as ventilation in the deep tunnels relies on the movement of trains and the firemen could only work for about 20 minutes at a time even in shirt sleeves.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
This made me think of Left Eye's death. The final video is on YT and people think she deliberately drove off the road...

• Wow
Reactions: 4
This made me think of Left Eye's death. The final video is on YT and people think she deliberately drove off the road...
I remember reading that a few days before her death she actually killed a boy while driving. She told friends she kept seeing his ghost. And then she was killed in an accident herself!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6