Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is one of the theories. I would lean a bit more towards that, than I would the suicide theory.
Yes, if it was a suicide attempt why would he have asked his colleague to go easy on the sugar because he wanted a tea later in the shift and have the money in his pocket ready to buy a car for his daughter? If he was planning on killing himself during his shift , neither of those things would matter to him.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
What does Michelle Keegan see in Mark Wright?
That has always puzzled me! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 37
This is a fascinating thread. This is not a showbiz mystery but reading about the Moorgate Crash reminded me of the Lufthansa flight that was apparently deliberately crashed into the French Alps. I know it was reported as a suicide by the other pilot but I've often wondered if that's true/accurate.

Reactions: 8
I was a teenager and had gone with a friend to see Slade in Flame (their film) at the cinema.

I knew they were still trying to rescue/recover people while we were there, out for the late afternoon trip.

I remember it was so hot and stuffy at the cinema and all I could think of was the terrible conditions in the tunnel and the fear of the poor people involved.

All these years later and reading that article brought it all back to me.

What a horrendous experience for all those involved.

I know I am very late to comment, but what an interesting read this thread has been.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes, if it was a suicide attempt why would he have asked his colleague to go easy on the sugar because he wanted a tea later in the shift and have the money in his pocket ready to buy a car for his daughter? If he was planning on killing himself during his shift , neither of those things would matter to him.
Suicide is enormously unlikely. He had no way of knowing that the guard was not at his station to pull the emergency brake.

Some sort of seizure is the most likely. If they were absence seizures, he could have been having them for quite a long time without anybody noticing, especially if they were quite brief in duration.

I wonder if he could have even had a stroke or something like that. His body was stuck in the wreckage for four days if I remember correctly and had been very badly damaged which affected the accuracy of the postmortem. Technology was also not what it is today.

Reactions: 7
Suicide is enormously unlikely. He had no way of knowing that the guard was not at his station to pull the emergency brake.

Some sort of seizure is the most likely. If they were absence seizures, he could have been having them for quite a long time without anybody noticing, especially if they were quite brief in duration.

I wonder if he could have even had a stroke or something like that. His body was stuck in the wreckage for four days if I remember correctly and had been very badly damaged which affected the accuracy of the postmortem. Technology was also not what it is today.
Quite right. The most obvious reason that it wasn't suicide is that he didn't throw his hands onto his face just before the impact, which is an automatic reaction, and that a number of witnesses said that he was sitting bolt up right looking straight forward, almost automaton-like.

Reactions: 2
There was this article from 2010 with accompanying documentary (I watched on Youtube a few yrs ago, maybe still up there). The author/presenter was Laurence Marks whose father died at Moorgate, he concluded suicide which I felt was a bit presumptive and maybe a bit harsh on Leslie Newsom and his family.

Thirty-five years after Britain's worst Tube crash one victim's son asks: Did a suicidal driver kil… https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cidal-driver-kill-42-innocent-passengers.html