Unpopular opinions #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will mushrooms šŸ„ be a substitute for leather or are they taking things to far
E8A7388D-511A-4EB1-A1EC-0BB27D0C9334.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
So funny that when a genuinely unpopular opinion gets posted on the unpopular opinions thread people lose their tit šŸ˜‚

(am fully vaxxed and I wear my mask to the shops before anyone makes assumptions and comes for me)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
On the subject of crushed I really donā€™t see the appeal of Tom hardy. Donā€™t get me wrong in interviews he comes across as a lovely bloke but I just donā€™t see the big attraction

• Wow
Reactions: 13
So because it hasnā€™t effected you or anyone you know - youā€™ve come to the conclusion it doesnā€™t exist.

Do you know how mad that sounds?
ive never personally come across a koala bear, so Iā€™m inclined to believe they simply cannot exist. Itā€™s all hype to get people to go to Australia. They canā€™t fool me though.

šŸ™„

On the subject of crushed I really donā€™t see the appeal of Tom hardy. Donā€™t get me wrong in interviews he comes across as a lovely bloke but I just donā€™t see the big attraction
Iā€™ve seen him in person. Love him as an actor, was shocked at how average looking (and short) he is in person

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Heā€™s like a less attractive Andy Murray if Iā€™m thinking of the right bloke. And Andy Murray is a 6 or 7 at best šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm sorry...I don't educate others on covid. I follow the rules though so I hope that doesn't make me ignorant.
That comment wasnā€™t aimed at you, it was aimed at the person bragging about not washing their hands. I hope your teen is OK soon and overcome anxiety. Thereā€™s a lot of really good material and help out there. My anxiety became really bad over lockdown, I found CBT massively helped.

Will mushrooms šŸ„ be a substitute for leather or are they taking things to far View attachment 902693
I feel mushroom is now the default replacement for everything.

meat replacement? Mushroom
Leather shoe alternative? Mushroom
Housing shortage? Toadstool homes
All joy and happiness in your life? There is no emotion, only mushroom

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm sick of seeing the term "people with overweight or obesity."

Not everyone likes "person-first" language. Many people who are disabled, etc. find it patronising. I have recovered from bulimia, and I prefer to be referred to as "bulimic" rather than "a person with bulimia." If someone thinks that having had bulimia makes me less of a person, it's their problem, not mine.

Also, you can't "have overweight" or be "a person with overweight." Overweight is an adjective, not a noun. And saying "person with overweight or obesity" doesn't really please anyone. Normal overweight / obese people don't mind being described as overweight or obese. "Fat activists" who believe there's no such thing as a healthy weight don't want either term to be used at all

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Itā€™s a total waste of money to buy fad designer stuff that is overhyped, because itā€™s out of date in a year or so. Not against buying designer stuff if thatā€™s your gig, I just think the super trendy stuff is a waste.

examples;
Valentino rock stud heels. Literally everywhere in 2015-16 and now look really dated
Those Chloe ā€œFayeā€ backpacks and bags with the rings influencers had everywhere around 2017
The gucci furry mules circa 2015
That bloody jacqumus bag
The house of sunny green dress
Alexander McQueen skull scarves early 2010s

Reactions: 6
So funny that when a genuinely unpopular opinion gets posted on the unpopular opinions thread people lose their tit šŸ˜‚

(am fully vaxxed and I wear my mask to the shops before anyone makes assumptions and comes for me)
I think everyone is just bored of covid contaminating every thread.

Covid and Harry and Meghan should be banned from everywhere apart from dedicated threads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Honestly, why even write this shite here? Thereā€™s a million Covid threads. Toxic, clearly just looking to cause upset for attention.
It's an unpopular opinion though, judging by the replies I have had especially! Isn't this the requirement of said thread? I didn't know there was a theme I had to adhere to. I'm a hygienic person anyway, I don't need to constantly spread alcohol rub on my hands at every given opportunity or sing the full length of happy birthday whilst fondling a bar of soap.

That comment wasnā€™t aimed at you, it was aimed at the person bragging about not washing their hands. I hope your teen is OK soon and overcome anxiety. Thereā€™s a lot of really good material and help out there. My anxiety became really bad over lockdown, I found CBT massively helped.

I feel mushroom is now the default replacement for everything.

meat replacement? Mushroom
Leather shoe alternative? Mushroom
Housing shortage? Toadstool homes
All joy and happiness in your life? There is no emotion, only mushroom
I didn't say I didn't wash my hands so please don't skew what I have said. I just don't wash my hands any more so than I usually did before Jahovacovid.

When every single thread turns into a COVID thread šŸ˜“ itā€™s boring
Unpopular opinion maybe.

But I just don't understand why people complain of boredom and "boring subjects" on the Internet. There is so many choices. So much media, so many other websites, videos, reading material, shops even. It's not like you're physically shackled to any one website/thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
It's an unpopular opinion though, judging by the replies I have had especially! Isn't this the requirement of said thread? I didn't know there was a theme I had to adhere to.

I didn't say I didn't wash my hands so please don't skew what I have said. I just don't wash my hands any more so than I usually did before Jahovacovid.

Unpopular opinion maybe.

But I just don't understand why people complain of boredom and "boring subjects" on the Internet. There is so many choices. So much media, so many other websites, videos, reading material, shops even. It's not like you're physically shackled to any one website.
I think most people were interested in this thread , hence being here, before you came along and turned it into yet another COVID thread . There is a dedicated one why not put your opinions there?

Reactions: 8
I think most people were interested in this thread , hence being here, before you came along and turned it into yet another COVID thread . There is a dedicated one why not put your opinions there?

But isn't there threads on other subjects that are in here too?

Clearly people are interested in people with my "unpopular opinion". Else they wouldn't be talking about it.

Reactions: 3

Leave all arguments here.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.