Unpopular opinions #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uggs are overhyped and not worth the money.

my primark slippers are just as warm and cosy and cost £5

Reactions: 24
I bleeping hate kitties, of the pub not feline variety. Especially on work Christmas nights out. No Barbara, your bottle of wine you want to order from it doesn’t “all equal out”.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It was a rhetorical question. I still wouldn't attempt to educate another person on what they choose to do. I think there's plenty on the news and everywhere you go that educates a person on covid. On a personal level, I've watched my teenager become so anxious about this that she was referred to a therapist to deal with anxiety related tics. She stopped making eye contact because she had lost social skills. All down to covid.
That was on top of other personal issues going on.
If I get het up about what others are doing, then I'm adding on extra stress that quite frankly I can be doing without.

I'm sorry...I don't educate others on covid. I follow the rules though so I hope that doesn't make me ignorant.
Last thread had closed when i was replying!

im so sorry to hear about your daughter..i am going through similar with my youngest.
Covid has caused a happy and friendly child into a frightened and anxious one. she says she no longer knows how to make friends with new people (she has a nice small group of friends). she has also developed some severe gastric issues which i think are caused by this anxiety. i am in the process of trying to get her some help.
I think young people have sacrificed so much education and social wise and lot of unnecessary pressure been placed on them like dont kill granny, get a vaccine to protect vulnerable people, its young people spreading it! etc..
I hope your Daughter is getting better xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
it’s super tacky when influencers try to charge people for “presets”

they know what they’re doing. The people they are selling these to are hoping they can also become an influencer if their grid fits the template.

there’s little to no skill involved. In most cases, influencers just bump up the exposure and vibrancy in Lightroom. Kelsey in London is an example - she’s tried to insist to her followers shes some sort of photography and marketing genius. Nope you’re just exploitive.

if you truly cared about your following and wanted to engage with then genuinely, you’d just show them. You wouldn’t be trying to make a tacky buck out of them. It’s one thing to #ad everything, another to sell snake oil.

Reactions: 6
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I think having cars as a hobby is really boring. I have never met someone who is really into the car they drive/fantasizes about cars they'd love to buy and found them interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So many people were fangirling over Dua Lipa's 'Physical' music video and grammy performance. To me she looked cheap and desperate. I don't understand why so many talented female singers seem to care so much about being over sexual and provocative the more successful they become. I might be sounding a bit prudish here but it's just so predictable and boring to me.

AdventurousOrangeGoat-max-1mb.gif

604eb385fea127001886ab8c.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 37
So many people were fangirling over Dua Lipa's 'Physical' music video and grammy performance. To me she looked cheap and desperate. I don't understand why so many talented female singers seem to care so much about being over sexual and provocative the more successful they become. I might be sounding a bit prudish here but it's just so predictable and boring to me.

View attachment 903200

View attachment 903204
Agreed, and not like it is even a shock factor anymore, we have seen this all before a million times by now

Reactions: 16

View attachment 903200

View attachment 903204
You only have to look on Madonnas Insta to know what desperate is 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 36
If you work in retail don’t moan that you’re working Boxing Day. This isn’t a new thing, you knew what you were taking on when you applied for the job. Especially those who moan that Next is open, I’m in my 40’s and they’ve done this for as long as I can remember.

That is why I’ve never worked in retail. Plus the fact that the customer isn’t always right and I would get sacked very quickly for remind cnuty customers that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 48
If you work in retail don’t moan that you’re working Boxing Day. This isn’t a mew thing, you knew what you were taking on when you applied for the job. Especially those who moan that Next is open, I’m in my 40’s and they’ve done this for as long as I can remember.

That is why I’ve never worked in retail. Plus the fact that the customer isn’t always right and I would get sacked very quickly for remind cnuty customers that 😂
I find it depressing that people are desperate to go shopping after one day of not being able to, ditto black friday and people fighting each other to buy things, the level of materialism is insane.
Last year I had to go to a supermarket on xmas eve( never again) and I couldn;t believe how insane people were, one day of a big supermarket not being open and people act as if they need to stock up for a nuclear apocalypse :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I find it depressing that people are desperate to go shopping after one day of not being able to, ditto black friday and people fighting each other to buy things, the level of materialism is insane.
Last year I had to go to a supermarket on xmas eve( never again) and I couldn;t believe how insane people were, one day of a big supermarket not being open and people act as if they need to stock up for a nuclear apocalypse :ROFLMAO:
There's nothing worse than realising you genuinely need to go to Tesco for something on Christmas Eve. I stress the word genuinely because I'm sure you've got enough Pringles to do til boxing day. My ma always panicked about having enough snacks and party nibbles in 'for guests' but she literally never invited anyone over! I don't know what comes over people.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I leave it as close to Christmas Day as possible so I don’t have to go out during the dead bit in between when no one knows what day it is 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.