Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate taking calls in public, partly because some of them (such as hospital appointment booking) involve giving out such personal information. I don't understand why some people do this. It's bad enough when my dad calls me. (He works outside and usually wants to know if I'm home so he can have a wee!)
people taking calls on public transport is a pet peeve of mine.

it’s a shared, communal, contained space. It’s selfish and inconsiderate to dominate that space, whether it’s with your music, loud talking or phone calls. I automatically assume you are trash if you have loud conversations on public transport.

Reactions: 18
Children that constantly get angry, flip tables, scream, shout and swear etc should not be in mainstream school. Why should my hard working well behaved children have to put up with children having a meltdown because they can't cope?
Agree, and its always the quite students who suffer as they are usually seated next to these type of students to help ‘influence’. I was one of the quiter ones and always had a loud obnoxious twit sat next to me, and no they didnt have learning disabilities, they were just twats

Reactions: 13
I feel like Jaffa Cakes have a nice taste, but texturally, it's as if they have been in a cupboard since WW1. They are dry as a nun's hampacket.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I work from home and still apply make up everyday, it's part of my morning ritual. I don't have extensions, fake eye lashes or any of that tit. I don't put on a full face of make up, just some mascara and eye liner.
I do it because I am bleeping ugly and don't need to be reminded of it everytime I look in the mirror 😂
The same as me! Even if I'm not going anywhere I still do my make up because I genuinely can't stand the sight of myself without it. I don't wear much either, takes me 5 minutes at most.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

it’s a shared, communal, contained space. It’s selfish and inconsiderate to dominate that space, whether it’s with your music, loud talking or phone calls. I automatically assume you are trash if you have loud conversations on public transport.
Oh stop music on public transport, where I am from we get these chavs that play music out loud on their phones 🥴 it's usually some chavvy dj/rap tit.
Noise cancelling earphones are one of the top 5 best items I have ever purchased.

Reactions: 11

My mum does this, on loudspeaker as well. I cringe into my seat and pretend we aren’t related lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah no I am gonna stay mad at my coworker having 10+ 5 minute breaks a day just because they poison themselves with cigarettes and I don't. Noone gets that many coffee/screen/toilet breaks. Who would do all the work if we all got the same amount of time off to be 'humane'? Smoking isn't essential like hydration and going to the toilet.
im a nurse and since we went smoke free at our hospital, it’s led to a lot of pissed off angry nurses 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The same as me! Even if I'm not going anywhere I still do my make up because I genuinely can't stand the sight of myself without it. I don't wear much either, takes me 5 minutes at most.
Unfortunately I am quite fair which means my eyelashes are invisible 😂 just a lil bit of mascara and touch up the eye brows and I am done. I haven't got dressed or worn a bra in about two years so it's the least I can do

• Haha
I work from home and still apply make up everyday, it's part of my morning ritual. I don't have extensions, fake eye lashes or any of that tit. I don't put on a full face of make up, just some mascara and eye liner.
I do it because I am bleeping ugly and don't need to be reminded of it everytime I look in the mirror 😂
fair play to you for having a morning ritual. Mine went out the window at some point early 2020

my morning routine is roll out of bed and battle the existential dread

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I had a driving instructor who would tell me about her sex life once. Because that’s what you want to hear when you’re nervously trying to learn to drive. I was about 19 and felt really uncomfortable. I look back nearly two decades later and just think what an absolute weirdo!!
I think that is sexual harassment, the power imbalance, your age. Woman ask for women instructors to feel safer. She was a wrong'un

This will be a controversial one because everyone loves the NHS and all that :rolleyes: but here goes

A lot of GPs (definitely not all) are terrible at their jobs and shouldn't be in the job in the first place. Some of them have ridiculously poor communication skills and won't take the time to listen to some patients and misdiagnose them constantly. It's obviously been made worse with COVID.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
A lot of mental health stems from self centredness. People being so wounded that they can’t see beyond their own hurt, and get stuck in their own head.

IMO People who complain that their therapists “don’t care” miss the point. A therapist or psychologist can only care to a extent. It’s a huge ask, to ask someone to emotionally invest in your life. Especially when they are trying to help dozens of other people. It isn’t necessarily their job to care - it’s their job to help you care about yourself.

Reactions: 13
Children that constantly get angry, flip tables, scream, shout and swear etc should not be in mainstream school. Why should my hard working well behaved children have to put up with children having a meltdown because they can't cope?
It’s also unfair on the child that’s having to deal with mainstream school when they could be getting better support elsewhere. I also find it’s parents that work in a particular field that deal/diagnose these children that don’t seem to see it in their own child ,or maybe it’s harder to accept.

• Heart
Some of the worst parents I’ve ever met have been teachers and social workers themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This will be a controversial one because everyone loves the NHS and all that :rolleyes: but here goes

A lot of GPs (definitely not all) are terrible at their jobs and shouldn't be in the job in the first place. Some of them have ridiculously poor communication skills and won't take the time to listen to some patients and misdiagnose them constantly. It's obviously been made worse with COVID.
I truly believe GPs should be completely abolished and community care should be practice nurse led. IMO they are leagues better.

Reactions: 12
My potentially unpopular opinion is - I don't believe women who say they partake in so many beauty rituals just because they want to, for themselves. i.e. hair extensions, fake tan, fillers, hair dye, fake eye lashes, waxing everything, three layers of make up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of these things, but I just don't buy it when people say they do it "for themselves".
I kept up every single beauty routine I could do myself during lockdown. Obviously no lashes/Botox. I live alone and was shielding, if I wasn’t doing it for myself, then I don’t know who I was doing it for 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

ive just started commuting again and this is daily occurrence on the line i use first thing in the morning!
i appreciate for some of these callers the time difference between UK and overseas where your family and friends live makes it difficult to catch up when you arent working but do you have to do your video calls on loud speaker for the entire commute!

My old GP a few years ago was terrible. He's the Head of the surgery. He told me I was being dramatic when I went in with Epilepsy symptoms. When I kept going back he said I just don't know why you keep coming back there's nothing wrong with you. When I saw a lady doctor she was amazing referred me straight away and I cried just because she was so lovely.

If you aren't a nice person I don't know how you could be a GP.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.