Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it's like some people make sex their whole personality and they think talking about it all the time makes them seem really riskie. But they just strike me as people that having nothing better to do with their time that hump, and nothing more interesting about them than their humping.
I wish my neighbours thought this. They are at it several nights a week in the middle of the night, the headboard banging wakes me up and then I can't get back to sleep. Sometimes 1am, sometimes 3am; I literally want to post a dog tit through their letterbox. We sleep on the other side of the house, close the spare bedroom door and I still get woken by it! In the summer when the windows are open you can hear them at it in the middle of the day, it literally makes me want to vom. I'll also add he looks like a potato and she looks like a librarian.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I love how controversial the biscuit discussion gets, it's so British. :D

I don't think there's a biscuit I don't like because I have a massive sweet tooth. So my UO: all biscuits are great!
Did you ever have Boasters?! They were THE top biscuit. My heart broke when they discontinued them 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Totally agree. There are few people more boring to me than those who go on about their sex lives. I have no interest in hearing about it

I dated a sex obsessed guy once and it was so boring. Could never have a normal conversation. I like sex and all but there's other things in life too!
Everytime I met my exs gf she'd tell me about how great in bed he is or drop hints about it. I tried talking to him about it but he just made a load of excuses. I just refuse to meet her now. It's boring and I cba. Tell me something interesting ffs!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Everytime I met my exs gf she'd tell me about how great in bed he is or drop hints about it. I tried talking to him about it but he just made a load of excuses. I just refuse to meet her now. It's boring and I cba. Tell me something interesting ffs!
What?! That's seriously inappropriate! Also sounds like she's making a point of it to be honest

Reactions: 10
The Holiday is only a half decent film because Jack Black is the worst miscasting ever. He is not fanciable at all. In fact, the Hollywood side of the film is pretty tit. I just fast forward all of that.
I guess my unpopular opinion fits here...I find Jack Black incredibly attractive!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
If you run or work in a care home play appropriate music for them at parties...

My mum who was in a home died about 18 years ago and her era of music was Bill Haley, Elvis etc and they would play my old man said follow the van, or Burlington Bertie
Seems like once you reach a certain age you just become all the same age. No one alive today was alive when those tunes came out and neither was my mum and she is long gone.

if your home does this, then just stop.

• Heart
Totally agree. There are few people more boring to me than those who go on about their sex lives. I have no interest in hearing about it

I dated a sex obsessed guy once and it was so boring. Could never have a normal conversation. I like sex and all but there's other things in life too!
Last week I was sat next to two women on their lunch break who started talking about their sex lives. Im no prude but I really don’t want to know that you farted in your boyfriends face when he was giving oral sex to you, or that he also windmills his Willy at you (yes they were actually discussing this in a staff canteen, the windmilling is hilarious apparently). I found it quite childish and attention seeking. It’s also not something you discuss with work colleagues either IMO.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Last week I was sat next to two women on their lunch break who started talking about their sex lives. Im no prude but I really don’t want to know that you farted in your boyfriends face when he was giving oral sex to you, or that he also windmills his Willy at you (yes they were actually discussing this in a staff canteen, the windmilling is hilarious apparently). I found it quite childish and attention seeking. It’s also not something you discuss with work colleagues either IMO.
I think people that talk about sex that much are people that started quite late in their lives, or had years of bad sex and have now only just discovered good sex and want the world to know.
I know of a 40yr old copper who would walk into work proudly telling her team (!) and anyone that would listen about all the amazing sex with her new boyfriend, including anal. I mean honestly, what was she thinking 😱😆
It doesn't impress anyone. You look like a sad, pathetic teenager desperate for attention.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think people that talk about sex that much are people that started quite late in their lives, or had years of bad sex and have now only just discovered good sex and want the world to know.
I know of a 40yr old copper who would walk into work proudly telling her team (!) and anyone that would listen about all the amazing sex with her new boyfriend, including anal. I mean honestly, what was she thinking 😱😆
It doesn't impress anyone. You look like a sad, pathetic teenager desperate for attention.
These were two women in their early 30’s. One of them is quite shockingly immature though and it is a fairly new relationship, so you could be right about that. I was just sat their absolutely gobsmacked that she thought it was an acceptable topic of conversation in a primary school staff room. It’s the kind of thing you might joke about with your best mates when pissed, but not at work IMO.

• Wow
i am often shocked at the conversations people have in public seemingly without realising other people are listening. i was on the bus the other day and a woman was having a conversation with her bank revealing lots of personal data which in sure in the wrong hands could be very dangerous

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I had a driving instructor who would tell me about her sex life once. Because that’s what you want to hear when you’re nervously trying to learn to drive. I was about 19 and felt really uncomfortable. I look back nearly two decades later and just think what an absolute weirdo!!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
If you run or work in a care home play appropriate music for them at parties...

My mum who was in a home died about 18 years ago and her era of music was Bill Haley, Elvis etc and they would play my old man said follow the van, or Burlington Bertie
Seems like once you reach a certain age you just become all the same age. No one alive today was alive when those tunes came out and neither was my mum and she is long gone.

if your home does this, then just stop.
I was thinking this exact same thing yesterday!

Vera Lynn and the rest were before most elderly people’s time. My Gran died earlier this year, in her late 90s, and she was all about Perry Como, Eva Cassidy and Dean Martin!

My friend in her 80s loves Michael Bublé.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
i am often shocked at the conversations people have in public seemingly without realising other people are listening. i was on the bus the other day and a woman was having a conversation with her bank revealing lots of personal data which in sure in the wrong hands could be very dangerous
Tbf once the bank blocked my card for no obvious reason (I’d made a purchase online that had been declined the night before then gone through).

I was out and about the next day when they blocked it. It was night time, and I’d used it to get on a train, so I couldn’t actually leave the platform. I called up to unblock it and was told I had to go through security questions. I mentioned to the bank that I was in a public place and didn’t feel comfortable, but they didn’t offer me an alternative. I was forced to discuss my personal details on the platform with several strangers just so I could leave.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I was thinking this exact same thing yesterday!

Vera Lynn and the rest were before most elderly people’s time. My Gran died earlier this year, in her late 90s, and she was all about Perry Como, Eva Cassidy and Dean Martin!

My friend in her 80s loves Michael Bublé.
I am in my 60s and love Motown, UB40, 60s,70s etc and many other types of music but my fav is Dark garage. I'm going to make sure I take a ton of saved music with me and at their parties, I will have earbuds in and dance to my won tunes 😁

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.