Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had this before too. I find GPs really weird. I’ve been asked before ‘so what do you think is wrong with you’ which I found odd as I’m not a doctor so..that’s why I went to a GP. Another time, I had done my own research and read some medical papers (I have a PhD which involved training in reading/evaluating medical journal papers so I knew they were legit etc) and the GP laughed and told me off for Googling…before then Googling herself, and reaching the same conclusion as me?! I honestly avoid them these days, it’s difficult because I have a couple of health conditions but normally my approach to health is ‘wait and hope it sorts itself out’ now 😬
I’m angry for you!!! It’s insulting when they Google in front of you.

The question “so what would you like us to do” means the the problem you have brought to them is vague and requires guidance to reach a conclusion. I use to use it all the time with families who have a complaint and it’s a common phrase in the NHS.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Side note: I took my son once when he was a baby (about 5 months or so) to ask about CMPA - she openly GOOGLED in front of me cos she didnt know what it was!
I'm prone to getting really painful split skin at the corners of my mouth. I googled it and am pretty certain it's a condition called angular chellitis which can usually be managed in its own. However when I got it a few months ago, the sores got infected so I filled in an online form with my GP and she called me back. I explained what I thought it was. She said no its a cold sore. I said it most definitely wasn't, but she wouldn't have it. After grilling me for about 5 minutes she grudgingly agreed to try an antibiotic cream but she wasn't convinced it was infected. All of this was done over the phone and she hadn't asked me to supply photos. If she had seen me in person or asked for photos she would have seen the great big oozing crusty infected scabs for herself! I felt stupid for making a fuss😕 it did clear up with the cream though so I was right 🤣

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I’m angry for you!!! It’s insulting when they Google in front of you.

The question “so what would you like us to do” means the the problem you have brought to them is vague and requires guidance to reach a conclusion. I use to use it all the time with families who have a complaint and it’s a common phrase in the NHS.
Oh god! I have that whenever you have to book a GP appointment online. The final question asked is "How would you like us to help?" 🤦‍♀️ Erm I need someone to see me and tell me WTF wrong with me! What else are you supposed to write?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't believe it, I think you are trying to make me go mad. I am sure it was you who gave McDonald's to your dog.
If it wasn't my memory is worse than I thought.

Please say you are kidding, and that you do have a dog .
I'm pregnant and have two dogs who are very partial to a Maccies chicken nuggy (although I don't think I've ever exposed their slumdog tendencies on Tattle...) perhaps I can take one for the team and fit your demographic in the place of our girl Wilma? You are welcome to wish a Jaffa fetish on my unborn, as long as they don't identify as a kettle, like Sam Smith and have cannibalistic tendencies I'm sweet :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh god! I have that whenever you have to book a GP appointment online. The final question asked is "How would you like us to help?" 🤦‍♀️ Erm I need someone to see me and tell me WTF wrong with me! What else are you supposed to write?!
On those forms I always write this, so let’s say my son has tonsillitis (again)

> Temp 38.3, hot too touch, not eating but drinking
> triage my son over the phone
> see my son in person if you deem suitable, and examine his throat & ears
> prescribe a course of antiobiotics & calpol
> refer again to paeds ENT

I literally copy and paste that everytime. Doing their job for them

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I don't believe it, I think you are trying to make me go mad. I am sure it was you who gave McDonald's to your dog.
If it wasn't my memory is worse than I thought.

Please say you are kidding, and that you do have a dog .
Nope, definitely not me. I wouldn't share McDonalds with anyone, even a dog

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm pregnant and have two dogs who are very partial to a Maccies chicken nuggy (although I don't think I've ever exposed their slumdog tendencies on Tattle...) perhaps I can take one for the team and fit your demographic in the place of our girl Wilma? You are welcome to wish a Jaffa fetish on my unborn, as long as they don't identify as a kettle, like Sam Smith and have cannibalistic tendencies I'm sweet :ROFLMAO:
Thankyou :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
As this is the unpopular opinion thread, I might as well throw it out there again..........

I really don't like cats.
this is the definition of an unpopular opinion and I refuse to believe anyone other than you shares it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Since we are sharing horrible GP stories…

I remember being gobsmacked when I was in the middle of an asthma attack. I had just moved to London and the difference in air quality hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to take my inhaler every hour or so.

I booked a GP appointment and asked for steroids. She ran through all the basic tests and questions and asked me when I’d last take me inhaler - half an hour before the appointment.

she was reluctant to give me the steroids since my stats were apparently fine. I was gobsmacked because I was struggling so much. I was adamanent and she eventually relented and gave me a prescription.

when I left the appointment I texted my dr friends - why were my stats fine if I felt so terrible? Apparently taking an inhaler right before measuring stats can affect the reading.

I couldn’t believe the GP didn’t factor that in, it’s not like asthma is uncommon.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Since we are sharing horrible GP stories…

I remember being gobsmacked when I was in the middle of an asthma attack. I had just moved to London and the difference in air quality hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to take my inhaler every hour or so.

I booked a GP appointment and asked for steroids. She ran through all the basic tests and questions and asked me when I’d last take me inhaler - half an hour before the appointment.

she was reluctant to give me the steroids since my stats were apparently fine. I was gobsmacked because I was struggling so much. I was adamanent and she eventually relented and gave me a prescription.

when I left the appointment I texted my dr friends - why were my stats fine if I felt so terrible? Apparently taking an inhaler right before measuring stats can affect the reading.

I couldn’t believe the GP didn’t factor that in, it’s not like asthma is uncommon.
I dread to think how many people are in similar situations but don't have the ability to confidently argue and just end up with their problems being ignored

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I dread to think how many people are in similar situations but don't have the ability to confidently argue and just end up with their problems being ignored
I swear the only reason why I’m okay at the GP is because I’m medical

• Heart
I’m not against anyone cycling if they want to and This is based on my experience in London so I can’t comment elsewhere, but I’m sick of roads being made inhospitable to drivers in favour of cyclists. There are very many genuine reasons that someone has to drive a car or van because it’s not possible to do their journey by bicycle or public transport. Entitled dick heads like Jeremy vine that live in Chiswick and think the economy can be run and everyone can get around by cycling only have not lived on an estate in the north were cyclist get stones thrown at them just because they are riding a bike. Vine advocates cycling on the pavement. Get real! Anyway rant over. 😡

Skateboarders in cities deserve to be knocked off their boards

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m not against anyone cycling if they want to and This is based on my experience in London so I can’t comment elsewhere, but I’m sick of roads being made inhospitable to drivers in favour of cyclists. There are very many genuine reasons that someone has to drive a car or van because it’s not possible to do their journey by bicycle or public transport. Entitled dick heads like Jeremy vine that live in Chiswick and think the economy can be run and everyone can get around by cycling only have not lived on an estate in the north were cyclist get stones thrown at them just because they are riding a bike. Vine advocates cycling on the pavement. Get real! Anyway rant over. 😡
I don't cycle or drive, but cyclists can be really dangerous for pedestrians too, I have lost count of the near misses I have had being almost knocked over by them hurtling down the road/pavement, some of them seemingly going well over the speed limit for cars

There is still a place in this miserable bleeping world for tinsel on a Christmas tree!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.