Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the subject of Christmas (not a Scrooge), I HATE these “different” Christmas trees we now see, like upside down, a twig with baubles hanging off or made of pampas grass. Don’t see what’s wrong with a traditional tree.

Fig rolls are great!

Reactions: 25
She was pretty and petite and supposedly therefore not capable of injuring a big strong man. A lot of men are too embarrassed to admit they have been battered by their girlfriends/wives.

Having read through CF's last few days, it seems she felt she had no choice but to end her life because of the shame. I wish she'd shown the same courage needed to make the noose, to carry on living instead. She could have become an ambassador, helping male victims of DV, thus publicly reforming herself. I don't think she was helped by her mother treating her like a wayward teen instead of a woman of 40 either.

I am fully aware that what I have written is definitely an unpopular opinion but the whole #bekind stuff got a bit absurd.
I had no idea who she was before the whole thing happened tbh.
The "be kind" thing really annoys me, people seem to use it to avoid any kind of criticism, not everyone deserves being treated kindly

Reactions: 31
I saw the blood stained mattress and bed sheets. She attacked her partner whilst he was asleep with a bleeping lamp.

#bekind tit is always trotted out by the least kind people.
Those of us who are genuinely kind and caring don't have to sign post or virtue signal being kind.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
On the subject of Christmas (not a Scrooge), I HATE these “different” Christmas trees we now see, like upside down, a twig with baubles hanging off or made of pampas grass. Don’t see what’s wrong with a traditional tree.

Fig rolls are great!
xmastree.jpg

What's wrong with an upside down Christmas tree? :D :D :D This photo actually makes me feel seasick.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I saw the blood stained mattress and bed sheets. She attacked her partner whilst he was asleep with a bleeping lamp.

Those of us who are genuinely kind and caring don't have to sign post or virtue signal being kind.
especially by influencers when they are called out for legitimate things like not revealing that things are paid ads etc.

Reactions: 16
I'm also fed up with taking Xmas decorations down. I love the decorating but the taking down is hideous. So I bought a small tree the size of a small bottle of coke. It comes with lights and I just pull it out of the box and job done :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Lunchbox biscuits were amazing when I a kid. But they are all tit now.

I'm talking to you penguin, club, gold, viscount.

It's like the companies are so cheap they will only put a knats piss of chocolate on

Reactions: 13
I'm also fed up with taking Xmas decorations down. I love the decorating but the taking down is hideous. So I bought a small tree the size of a small bottle of coke. It comes with lights and I just pull it out of the box and job done :ROFLMAO:

I do aspire to be one of those people who neatly put all their Xmas decals away 😭

Reactions: 4

She did, but the blood on the mattress was later shown to be hers from a self inflicted injury.

There can be violence and turbulence in relationships without it being domestic abuse (doesn’t make it healthy or normal). Domestic abuse is intimate terrorism, and it’s characterised by patterns of fear and control. I don’t believe Caroline was an abuser and the media treated her much more harshly than they would have a man.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Lunchbox biscuits were amazing when I a kid. But they are all tit now.

I'm talking to you penguin, club, gold, viscount.

It's like the companies are so cheap they will only put a knats piss of chocolate on
Plus they all seem to have palm oil in them these days so they don’t taste like they used to, and they don’t get on so well in my stomach either :(

Reactions: 7
They are the best and not comparable to penguins! What's your favourite? I love the caramel ones
the dark chocolate ones are my fav (ideally with a nice cup of coffee for dipping), although caramel are a close second. Although I rarely see them in the UK, haven;t had them in years :( although probably for the best as I live alone and have no self control with biscuits :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.