Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did, but the blood on the mattress was later shown to be hers from a self inflicted injury.

There can be violence and turbulence in relationships without it being domestic abuse (doesn’t make it healthy or normal). Domestic abuse is intimate terrorism, and it’s characterised by patterns of fear and control. I don’t believe Caroline was an abuser and the media treated her much more harshly than they would have a man.
I disagree. She wouldn't have gone to prosecution if she was fully innocent.
I doubt a man would be treated any better. They would have been treated worse and once they committed suicide guarantee no selebs would come out and show a man so much support

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Regarding Caroline Flack, a lot of influencers used her death as 'proof' that people discussing public figures online would lead to them taking their own lives. E.g Sali Hughes said she predicts that there would be many more suicides because of places like Tattle. I've no idea if Caroline Flack was directly trolled but I don't think anyone can confidently say why someone took their own lives (unless there was a note).Trying to blame someone or something goes against the Samaritans guidelines

Reactions: 18
It's mental health not social media or trolling
It's like saying video games cause murderers

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm also fed up with taking Xmas decorations down. I love the decorating but the taking down is hideous. So I bought a small tree the size of a small bottle of coke. It comes with lights and I just pull it out of the box and job done :ROFLMAO:
I bought a pop up ready lit, ready decorated, Christmas tree, once the kids had all grown up and no longer wanted to see their snowmen (made from toilet roll and cotton wool) and their festive bells (bit of egg carton painted gold and dipped in glitter) hanging on a real tree.
It's great, it's stored in a circular bag and I unzip it and voilà!! The house is ready for Santa to arrive. It's even cat friendly, my cat can climb to the top and it doesn't fall over and no baubles fall off.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Regarding Caroline Flack, a lot of influencers used her death as 'proof' that people discussing public figures online would lead to them taking their own lives. E.g Sali Hughes said she predicts that there would be many more suicides because of places like Tattle. I've no idea if Caroline Flack was directly trolled but I don't think anyone can confidently say why someone took their own lives (unless there was a note).Trying to blame someone or something goes against the Samaritans guidelines
Sali Hughes would use anything to complain about Tattle :rolleyes:
I agree, people don't just take their own lives because of negative public opinion etc, there has to be something going on beneath the surface as well

Reactions: 9
I disagree. She wouldn't have gone to prosecution if she was fully innocent.
I doubt a man would be treated any better. They would have been treated worse and once they committed suicide guarantee no selebs would come out and show a man so much support
The procurator fiscal clearly considered public opinion/backlash in their decision, the evidence was not there to meet the legal standard and she would have been found not guilty. But the PF wanted to make an example of her in my opinion 🤷🏻‍♀️
There’s literally countless examples of male celebs who’ve been convicted with little more than a side column written about it.

Reactions: 5
If Caroline had been a man, people would have said good riddance following her death.

• Angry
Reactions: 20
I think a lot of Britney’s problems stem from having a borderline IQ that was easily masked as a teen pop princess but is all too obvious as an adult woman.

Reactions: 18
M&S is over rated, it’s just not worth the money and the food is just overly salted or stuffed full of sugar to con people into thinking the price is worth it. Anytime I’ve been in the UK I would choose a Waitrose over a M&S any day when it comes to posh shops.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
macaroni cheese is completely overrated (I also hate it being called mac n cheese)
You are SO SO wrong. Macaroni cheese is like manna from heaven and it goes with EVERYTHING. I have crossed you off my Christmas card list!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think a lot of Britney’s problems stem from having a borderline IQ that was easily masked as a teen pop princess but is all too obvious as an adult woman.
I don't think she's as mentally well as she claims to be either. Presumably she's stopped taking her prescribed medication, as she has said she wants a baby. Lithium + pregnancy are bad news.

Reactions: 6
You are SO SO wrong. Macaroni cheese is like manna from heaven and it goes with EVERYTHING. I have crossed you off my Christmas card list!
I was going to say it is even worse when it is served as a side , way too heavy and doesn;t properly go with anything :ROFLMAO:. I assume I am totally blacklisted at this point :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m sick of seeing insta worthy Christmas trees when everything is perfect on them and beige! What happened to the good old multicoloured tree with miss match baubles on?
I love my mismatched multi coloured tree. Couldn't think of anything worse than a colour coded tree

Reactions: 9
Real Christmas trees are a million times better than fake ones. And when you put them on the bonfire after Jan 6th they go up like a roman candle, which is fun.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I love my mismatched multi coloured tree. Couldn't think of anything worse than a colour coded tree
I have noticed this so much in the past few years, not just in xmas trees but also in the decor of children's rooms, surely an xmas tree has random things you have collected over the years that have sentimental value? and a minimalist children;s room?!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.