Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh the mention of gender has reminded me…

If you use anything other than she/he/they and then get annoyed when people forget or ask questions, you’re a knob.

how am i supposed to know you wanna be known as Zir or Xer? If I ask oh what gender does that mean… that isn’t me being rude. If I ask what the difference between agender and nonbinary, it’s not rude, it’s because I geniunely do not have a clue. I’ve seen people say they’re demigender but that just seems like same thing as nonbinary.

Also if you wanna be known as cloud/cloudself or something like that I’ll assume you’re an attention seeker and taking away from people with actual gender identity struggles

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The only thing worse than Disney adults are Harry Potter adults. No one gives a tit what house you’re in and you’re also a bleeping idiot to spend £60 on a plastic stick wand

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The only thing worse than Disney adults are Harry Potter adults. No one gives a tit what house you’re in and you’re also a bleeping idiot to spend £60 on a plastic stick wand
They’re both annoying. You can enjoy something without making it your entire life. They’re also so weird. 🤣. Ive done the test and got Slytherin but I just had a laugh with it and then forget about it until someone asks if I’ve ever tried it

Reactions: 13
UO we shouldn’t get annoyed at people taking cigarette breaks… people should be allowed to take breaks at work. If you begrudge a smoking colleague a break because you’re not allowed to take them, it’s not your colleague thats the problem. It’s your employer. Smoking breaks/coffee breaks/screen breaks/toilet breaks are all valid and humane and we should expect them from our employers, not get pissed off for someone taking one.

• Angry
  • Haha
UO we shouldn’t get annoyed at people taking cigarette breaks… people should be allowed to take breaks at work. If you begrudge a smoking colleague a break because you’re not allowed to take them, it’s not your colleague thats the problem. It’s your employer. Smoking breaks/coffee breaks/screen breaks/toilet breaks are all valid and humane and we should expect them from our employers, not get pissed off for someone taking one.
Yeah no I am gonna stay mad at my coworker having 10+ 5 minute breaks a day just because they poison themselves with cigarettes and I don't. Noone gets that many coffee/screen/toilet breaks. Who would do all the work if we all got the same amount of time off to be 'humane'? Smoking isn't essential like hydration and going to the toilet.

Reactions: 36
I agree, this is my problem with office work generally, if you can get your work done it shouldn't matter how many breaks you take/how many hours you work (obviously if you work in retail or something it is very different). Unfortunately I have never worked in an office with management who think like this and have often spent time doing nothing when I have finished my work but have to stay in the office until my designated home time :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
I think Prince Harry is not pussy whipped and Megan gets blamed for his decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Now is the perfect time to have your tree up, bbls always look tit and weird and squid game was not as good as what everyone mad eout

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I agree, this is my problem with office work generally, if you can get your work done it shouldn't matter how many breaks you take/how many hours you work (obviously if you work in retail or something it is very different). Unfortunately I have never worked in an office with management who think like this and have often spent time doing nothing when I have finished my work but have to stay in the office until my designated home time :rolleyes:
noone, absolutely no one, is productive for a full 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Anyone working at full capacity to that extent will burn out.

In reality most of us take a few breaks, walk over to the water cooler, chat to colleagues, google something, read the news - to take a bit of a break. And that’s not lazy or workshy, it’s human.

I think we should work less hours overall too, the 9-5, 5 days a week is totally unnecessary and archaic

Those fake hanging grass things and fake plants in gardens should also be banned, they look tacky as hell.
Astroturf…:sick::sick:

Reactions: 6
I am sure you have told us, but I can't remember what line of work you are in. In most office jobs, work is very rarely finished there is always more left for tomorrow, it is never ending. Maybe it's not worth starting anything in the time left but usually there is always more work to be done.

Reactions: 3
noone, absolutely no one, is productive for a full 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Anyone working at full capacity to that extent will burn out.

In reality most of us take a few breaks, walk over to the water cooler, chat to colleagues, google something, read the news - to take a bit of a break. And that’s not lazy or workshy, it’s human.

I think we should work less hours overall too, the 9-5, 5 days a week is totally unnecessary and archaic

agreed, I have only done office work a few times in my career and I have always been shocked (when starting out) that half (if not more) of the day is just people gossiping/wasting time. As you say it is ridiculous to expect people to work like that, I am a teacher and even in class I am not working the whole time, when my students are working I have to be there but am effectively on a break

I am sure you have told us, but I can't remember what line of work you are in. In most office jobs, work is very rarely finished there is always more left for tomorrow, it is never ending. Maybe it's not worth starting anything in the time left but usually there is always more work to be done.
It depends what role you are in in my experience,in my previous office job the manager seemed to have nothing to do so we often had meetings (that could have been an email) which would last for 2+hours, then other people would have to do overtime to get their actual work done. But even then some days are slow, some are busier, we would have to stay all day regardless and then do overtime on busier days instead of being able to work flexibly

Reactions: 5
I think the problem is that people who smoke will often have their smoking breaks AND do the stuff like a chat in the kitchen, walking to get a drink, whatever. I used to work somewhere where they allowed smokers to split their lunch break up and go for a few smoking breaks, then have either food at their desk or say a quick 5 minutes to eat. I found that much more fair.

How do you clean astroturf/fake grass? Do you hoover it?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Regarding smoking at work colleagues could go for a million smoke breaks and I don't care as long as it doesn't impinge on my work. A different story if they're out smoking all the time and I get more work because of it but that could happen for any reason and not just smoking. Dossing isn't limited to smokers

• Heart
Reactions: 15
movies/TV shows are totally ruined when they put characters in designer clothing/amazing apartments when they wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford it.

I could’ve got a bit more into Emily in Paris for the tongue in cheek series that it was, but the fantasy was a little ruined when this junior marketing exec was wandering around Paris in £££s worth of Chanel and designer clothing. Emily would be wearing Zara and ASOS like the rest of us, at best she’d have a couple of pieces she’d picked up at a sample sale

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Be Vanilla, Chocolate or bleeping Neapolitan, but I just don't want to hear about it Sandra tbh :sick: :ROFLMAO:
People who are sex obsessed need to get a hobby. There is more to life than rutting. And in the same vain that I don't want to hear about Nigel's 18 rounds of golf at the weekend, I don't want to hear about Susan's new lube, trip to Anna Summers or swingers party.

Also swingers are always recruiting, stop eyeing other couples up like they're steak.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
People who are sex obsessed need to get a hobby. There is more to life than rutting. And in the same vain that I don't want to hear about Nigel's 18 rounds of golf at the weekend, I don't want to hear about Susan's new lube, trip to Anna Summers or swingers party.

Also swingers are always recruiting, stop eyeing other couples up like they're steak.
Totally agree. There are few people more boring to me than those who go on about their sex lives. I have no interest in hearing about it

I dated a sex obsessed guy once and it was so boring. Could never have a normal conversation. I like sex and all but there's other things in life too!

Reactions: 16
Unpopular opinion:
Your newborn will not be the most beautiful thing you've ever seen and no, the pain isn't forgotten straight away either.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.