Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Calling your child by a stupid nickname. I know somebody who named her daughter Colette. Her social media intros all say "Mummy to Coco-Loco"

Coco-Loco is now 14.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Unpopular opinion

If your child is obese and does NOT have a medical reason for it then it should be considered child abuse.

Reactions: 37
Calling your child by a stupid nickname. I know somebody who named her daughter Colette. Her social media intros all say "Mummy to Coco-Loco"

Coco-Loco is now 14.
I’m a sucker for giving all my children and pets silly nicknames but putting them on social media is very strange 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m a sucker for giving all my children and pets silly nicknames but putting them on social media is very strange 🤣🤣🤣
Don't you come for my Mr Doo Boi like that, he is the cutest goodest boi (actually no he's a bleeping bleep) that ever did heckin exist and THE WORLD MUST KNOW :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Unpopular opinion

If your child is obese and does NOT have a medical reason for it then it should be considered child abuse.
It sometimes is. Social services will get involved if the child is suffering health problems because of their weight and the parents aren't supporting weight loss .
I believe a child was taken into care on the UK because the parents woulndt improve their diet.

Anyway, I'm gonna weigh in on the cake debate. Full size cakes are usually crap and dry. I would rather a cup cake every time. Loaf cakes and tray bakes are also better. Brownies are the most superior.

Reactions: 9
Got a few today. This thing that gyms are places to be social, and to talk to people.

I seem to attract people who work in these places who seem to think I want to engage in conversation. I don't. The gym for me is an outlet to relieve stress and I HATE being engaged in conversation whilst doing my thing, I end up being more stressed out than I did when I went in. Plus - group fitness classes. Shudder. Cant imagine anything worse.

Also who decided booming music anywhere aside from a nightclub was appealing?! It must be popular since racket is commonplace wherever you go.

Babies and toddlers should be banned from cafes.

Reactions: 13
This is the saddest, most depressing list I have ever had the poor misfortune to witness in my 29 years on earth. RIP your tastebuds and good sense (or therefore lack of) x

If anyone and I mean this ANYONE (even Idris Elba naked and covered in melted chocolate) invited me to tea and the only choices were madeira, cherry bakewell or christmas cake, I think I'd have to top myself there and then.

View attachment 879160
Hahahaah 💯 is an old lady

Upon further consideration, I’ll move on to say that my unpopular opinion of english native speakers’ tastebuds is in fact more of an uncomfortable truth. I’ll go look for the proper topic post.
My unpopular opinion of brits being unable to cook is here to stay though.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hahahaah 💯 is an old lady
The only person I've ever met who actively liked christmas cake and didn't just eat it to be polite, was my 80 year old Grandma who in fairness, would say no to pretty much no food and ate hers with half a block of cheese so by that point, I'm not sure it was the cake she was tasting :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know someone who eats Christmas cake with CHEESE

Like, a big old chunk of cake with chunks of cheese all in the mouth together…..

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I don't know why British food gets such negativity. Some of my favourite meals are traditional British foods.

Shepards/cottage pie
Dumplings
Yorkshire puddings
Eggs Benedict (not 100% sure they're British)
Sausage and mash
Crumpets
Cheese and pickle sandwiches
Sticky toffee pudding

The British make great food, there are countries that eat much stranger stuff. What about eastern Europeans with all their mayo and picked cabbage. Or that horrible pickled fish stuff from Scandinavia. Don't get me started with the Germans and all those weird sausages.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Unpopular opinion

I agree 100% and I’m surprised more parents aren’t taken to task for over feeding their children and inflicting potential life limiting illnesses on them as they grow up.

Parents do the shopping and meal prep so if the kids are chubby, they are obviously not getting a healthy diet.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I agree 100% and I’m surprised more parents aren’t taken to task for over feeding their children and inflicting potential life limiting illnesses on them as they grow up.

Parents do the shopping and meal prep so if the kids are chubby, they are obviously not getting a healthy diet.
The trouble is many have no idea what is healthy, underweight and overweight

My daughter's eldest very healthy weight, sporty, dancer, gymnast, never even had a MacDonalds was sent home with a letter saying she was overweight. so ridiculous same body type as me my children and all my grandchildren that in the 50s/60s/ 70s etc was considered very healthy size. Of course, next to those who have bones poking out ( not all kids who eat junk are overweight, many are painfully underweight ) , she would look tubby but she wasn't and to get a letter was out of order and shows the ignorance around this.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Even though I’m pregnant with my second child, i don’t enjoy pregnancy and seeing videos/pictures of women giving birth makes me feel queasy 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.