Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the thought that went into this 😂😂 but, you’re unfortunately still wrong.

Not my final edition but a work in progress.

- Angel cake/Madeira. A classic for a reason. Take it up a notch with a marzipan condom, the humble batten berg.
- Basic witch chocolate is always a staple so I’ll throw that on the list. If it’s coffee even better.
- Ginger/Jamaica cake.
- cherry bakewell.
- Christmas cake. 🙈 controversial I know, the more alcohol it’s steeped in the better.
- rice crispy cakes. 😐

the best dessert however is rice pudding, left to sit for hours like you’re dining on an old folks hospital ward. I’m not joking. 😐
This is the saddest, most depressing list I have ever had the poor misfortune to witness in my 29 years on earth. RIP your tastebuds and good sense (or therefore lack of) x

If anyone and I mean this ANYONE (even Idris Elba naked and covered in melted chocolate) invited me to tea and the only choices were madeira, cherry bakewell or christmas cake, I think I'd have to top myself there and then.

Pepelaugh.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I love the thought that went into this 😂😂 but, you’re unfortunately still wrong.

Not my final edition but a work in progress.

- Angel cake/Madeira. A classic for a reason. Take it up a notch with a marzipan condom, the humble batten berg.
- Basic witch chocolate is always a staple so I’ll throw that on the list. If it’s coffee even better.
- Ginger/Jamaica cake.
- cherry bakewell.
- Christmas cake. 🙈 controversial I know, the more alcohol it’s steeped in the better.
- rice crispy cakes. 😐

the best dessert however is rice pudding, left to sit for hours like you’re dining on an old folks hospital ward. I’m not joking. 😐
Christmas cake?!?!!!!
Rice pudding!!!???

I can get on board with an angel cake and a basic witch chocolate cake, if I can pick the cherry off the bakewell I’ll eat it too but come on you can’t seriously think Christmas cake is worthy on that list?!

Rice crispy cakes are underrated I’ll give you that but rice pudding!!!!! Looks like baby sick wouldn’t even make the top 100 never mind top 10 it’s Down there with 10cal jelly🤢🤢🤢

Reactions: 8
I wrote before that brits can’t cook but upon reading this thread I’ll go beyond and say english native speakers have no tastebuds.
I mean I don’t know what you’re talking about. I put vinegar on my beans on toast, that suggests to me my taste buds are very unique 🤣🤣🤣 but I can cook!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
What about in tea / hot chocolate?

I don't know, I think it tastes extra milky and is quite tasty. I quite like the unusual slightly chewy texture too 😂
I do have it in tea but you don’t really get the milk taste, not a fan of hot choc but if I do have it I make it with water. I also like a cup of black tea every now and then I think it’s refreshing.

Reactions: 4
This is the saddest, most depressing list I have ever had the poor misfortune to witness in my 29 years on earth. RIP your tastebuds and good sense (or therefore lack of) x

If anyone and I mean this ANYONE (even Idris Elba naked and covered in melted chocolate) invited me to tea and the only choices were madeira, cherry bakewell or christmas cake, I think I'd have to top myself there and then.

View attachment 879160
But surely by the time you'd finished licking the chocolate off Idris Elba, you wouldn't really want the cake then anyway? 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 4
RICE PUDDING IS AMAZING.
CHRISTMAS CAKE IS AMAZING.
I will fight and die on this hill and I will go down happy. 😐

6D59C5E3-D047-4C8E-9631-1AA2B3EE0B60.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.