Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, who really needs unclogged arteries in 2021. Science can fix what the contents of this tin destroys. 😐

give me a few minutes to get the spreadsheet out and list my pros and cons before I commit to an answer. 😐

but this… this should be reported.
3. Lemon cake
4. Victoria sponge
5. Coffee & walnut
I would be willing to swap out the Victoria sponge for a raspberry coconut loaf cake from M&S if that’s a bit more to your taste? But for balance you do need a vanilla cake with jam in there somewhere because it’s the ultimate original birthday cake! Can’t axe tradition, well some will probably pluck out a feminist reason to axe it but hey I’m a grandma so…

Unfortunately rules are rules and lemon and coffee & walnut can’t be subbed or removed. Coffee & walnut isn’t an every day cake I get that but it’s worthy of a number 5 spot. Think out in the garden during the clock change at spring when we lose an hours sleep, plated up with a cup off coffee it’s like an ultra wake up mid morning treat! I also can’t sub the lemon I’m afraid, now it’s not lemon drizzle, think lemon cake with icing oh it’s so good I hope can taste it! 😚

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Me too. I like my days off in the week. It’s not exactly quieter at weekends where I work (those darn patients still insist on being looked after 😂 ) but no consultant ward round, no Teams meetings, no urgent paperwork to do.
Same here. I’m a nurse and Sundays are just so much better

Reactions: 3
I think the problem is that people see weddings as business nowadays, so they spend thousands expecting guests to cover the expenses plus paying the honeymoon, at least it's what I see in Spain...
I guess it depends on circumstances etc. I would never expect any of that, I couldn’t imagine asking for money as a gift. Seems so crass

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love the thought that went into this 😂😂 but, you’re unfortunately still wrong.

I would be willing to swap out the Victoria sponge for a raspberry coconut loaf cake from M&S if that’s a bit more to your taste? But for balance you do need a vanilla cake with jam in there somewhere because it’s the ultimate original birthday cake! Can’t axe tradition, well some will probably pluck out a feminist reason to axe it but hey I’m a grandma so…

Unfortunately rules are rules and lemon and coffee & walnut can’t be subbed or removed. Coffee & walnut isn’t an every day cake I get that but it’s worthy of a number 5 spot. Think out in the garden during the clock change at spring when we lose an hours sleep, plated up with a cup off coffee it’s like an ultra wake up mid morning treat! I also can’t sub the lemon I’m afraid, now it’s not lemon drizzle, think lemon cake with icing oh it’s so good I hope can taste it! 😚
Not my final edition but a work in progress.

- Angel cake/Madeira. A classic for a reason. Take it up a notch with a marzipan condom, the humble batten berg.
- Basic witch chocolate is always a staple so I’ll throw that on the list. If it’s coffee even better.
- Ginger/Jamaica cake.
- cherry bakewell.
- Christmas cake. 🙈 controversial I know, the more alcohol it’s steeped in the better.
- rice crispy cakes. 😐

the best dessert however is rice pudding, left to sit for hours like you’re dining on an old folks hospital ward. I’m not joking. 😐

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I like fig rolls

Aldi dupes of Bounty bars, Romeo, and Lion bars, Roar, are better than the originals by a country mile

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Those Jaffa doughnuts (Jonuts?) are horrible, neither a Jaffa cake not a doughnut. And as for Jaffa cake gin, my mind is truly boggled. The Jaffa cake people must have had too much sugar (or something) to keep coming up with all these new versions of a soggy chocolate disc with a vague taste of orange.
If you can't say anything nice, please don't say anything :ROFLMAO: Jaffa cakes are lovely even at my age I could still eat a full pack by myself.

Why do people dislike them. As for fig rolls when I was a child I used to hate them, but now I like them. Not love but like.

I like that skin that develops on warm milk.
I was going to mention this but didn't know how to describe it, this and the skin on coffee makes me feel sick if I accidentally get it in my mouth.
How can you like it, you would be better of eating a balloon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Actually Halloween came from Celts, so Americans copied us 😂
But the way it’s celebrated I mean. I hate it. I’ll answer the door and my kids gets dressed up and we give out sweets and they eat all the sweets but I cannot shake the feeling that it’s just not right. No kids don’t take sweets ott strangers except on Halloween then it’s ok 🤣

Reactions: 8
I couldn't even drink warm milk or milk at room temp :sick:
What about in tea / hot chocolate?

If you can't say anything nice, please don't say anything :ROFLMAO: Jaffa cakes are lovely even at my age I could still eat a full pack by myself.

Why do people dislike them. As for fig rolls when I was a child I used to hate them, but now I like them. Not love but like.

I was going to mention this but didn't know how to describe it, this and the skin on coffee makes me feel sick if I accidentally get it in my mouth.
How can you like it, you would be better of eating a balloon.
I don't know, I think it tastes extra milky and is quite tasty. I quite like the unusual slightly chewy texture too 😂

Reactions: 1
I wrote before that brits can’t cook but upon reading this thread I’ll go beyond and say english native speakers have no tastebuds.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.