Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah but the problem with the new definition of 'trans' is that we can't say that as 'everyone is who they say they are'
The umbrella of trans (per Stonewall) has increased so much that it now includes cross dressers.
This is what i don’t get… if clothes are supposed to be “gender neutral” ie men can wear skirts and women- how is cross dressing being trans… or am
i misunderstanding

Yeah how dare a tiny minority demand the word mother be taken away from women because they don't like the word. The sheer nerve!
Exactly- I fully absolutely respect trans people- if you identify as a woman and want to live life as a woman i will treat you as such… but surely trans men would want to be called fathers and trans women wanna be called mothers?

I knew a trans lady and she adopted a kid and she’s the kids mother so i have no idea why people came up with birthing person.

Even the term guardian is much nicer than birthing parent for people that don’t want to use mother or father. Birthing parent sounds like so… cold?

Reactions: 5
*** unpopular opinion ***

It’s dead boring reading constant back &
Forth arguing about pronouns and cervix’s etc etc etc

It does get people riled up though 😂.

I'm actually not really that bothered whether people use the term women or people but I just quite liked seeing the reaction 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
This is what i don’t get… if clothes are supposed to be “gender neutral” ie men can wear skirts and women- how is cross dressing being trans… or am
i misunderstanding

Exactly- I fully absolutely respect trans people- if you identify as a woman and want to live life as a woman i will treat you as such… but surely trans men would want to be called fathers and trans women wanna be called mothers?

I knew a trans lady and she adopted a kid and she’s the kids mother so i have no idea why people came up with birthing person.

Even the term guardian is much nicer than birthing parent for people that don’t want to use mother or father. Birthing parent sounds like so… cold?
I think they came up with those terms to appease the “non binary” people 🙄 who IMO shouldn’t have kids anyways if you’re so mentally unstable you don’t wanna have a gender then how can you be responsible for a kid

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m actually really confused with it all 😂
Basically there’s 2 sexes, 70 genders* and no ones allowed to say the word woman anymore 😂🤐

these genders may increase from time to time if you can’t find a gender you identify with please keep refreshing or just assign your own name and boom you got it! Unless it’s woman. You can’t be woman or girl…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m just trying to figure out which opinion is mine. So I may have liked both differing opinions 😂

Anyway - I am a mum, I am a woman, I have a cervix (am I right 😂)
STOP MAKING ME HATE BEING A WOMAN AND WORRIED FOR MY SAFETY (because a minority of men see themselves as women)

• Heart
Adults who count down the days to an exciting event and describe them as ‘sleeps’ need to get in the filthiest bin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Thought it was just drop an unpopular opinion and move on.

Not that I don't mind reading the back and forth discussion...I want to hear more unpopular opinions though dammit...

You said what you said on the unpopular opinion thread 🖕..title suggestion, no?

• Heart
I’m just trying to figure out which opinion is mine. So I may have liked both differing opinions 😂

Anyway - I am a mum, I am a woman, I have a cervix (am I right 😂)
STOP MAKING ME HATE BEING A WOMAN AND WORRIED FOR MY SAFETY (because a minority of men see themselves as women)
I do wonder how many actually see themselves as women and how many just *want* some of the benefits they associate with being a woman/they can't handle being a man or whatever negatives they associate with that.

Reactions: 6
I do wonder how many actually see themselves as women and how many just *want* some of the benefits they associate with being a woman/they can't handle being a man or whatever negatives they associate with that.
Im beginning to think there is no benefit of being a woman 🙃 and that is coming from someone who is treated so equally with my husband

Reactions: 2
I hate being behind someone driving at the exact speed limit - for example 20 or 30 mph through a village etc - when there’s not another soul around and you could definitely go a bit faster.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Its not cis woman, its woman.
There's probably about 3 people in this country behind this utter bollocks. All the transwomen/men I've met in real life have been fine everyday people. Not going on about pronouns etc.
Thank you. It pisses me off so much that in order to 'not offend' the trans community, I am now expected to refer to myself as a 'cis' woman. No. I'm a WOMAN. End of.

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I honestly believe that a massive amount of it, is attention seeking. My husband's nephew (26) came out as gay a few years ago. Absolutely fine with all of us. No one was bothered. However he almost seemed disappointed that it didn't have the 'shock factor' that he thought it would, so last year he declared he was transgender and started dressing as a woman, wearing outrageous make up and clothes that no woman would be caught dead in. He's almost 30 stone and quite frankly, looked absolutely ridiculous.

None of us paid any attention so now he's declared that he's non binary and is constantly tweeting tit like "If I wanna chop my cock off and grow some tits, then all you bleeping transphobes ain't gonna stop me"

My (female) friend's ex is transgender, male to female and has been for almost twenty years (she's late forties now) Long before it became 'fashionable'. She's had surgery and if you passed her in the street, you wouldn't look twice. She's a quiet lady and always kept her personal life to herself. She says she's embarrassed now when she sees how a lot of trans/non binary people are acting and behaving.

I do believe that there are some people who are genuinely born into the 'wrong' body. I believe that lady is one of them, but I also believe that it's a very small minority and that a very large majority are just looking for attention and really enjoy causing controversy and tit stirring.

I don't care if someone is transgender. That's their private business (or it should be) but women (no, not CIS women, just WOMEN) are the ones who are suffering and having to deal with the consequences, and it's OUR lives that are being affected.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Those pathetic breast cancer 'awareness' tropes on FB. Someone PMs' you with 'Ladies, post a strawberry as your status, he won't know what it's about, let's unite against CANCAH. Utterly meaningless and juvenile.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Thought it was just drop an unpopular opinion and move on.

Not that I don't mind reading the back and forth discussion...I want to hear more unpopular opinions though dammit...

You said what you said on the unpopular opinion thread 🖕..title suggestion, no?
Yeah. Unless you're asking someone to clarify it or you're making a joke about it I don't really understand the need to state you disagree with an unpopular opinion. That's why it's considered unpopular in the first place!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.