Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate being behind someone driving at the exact speed limit - for example 20 or 30 mph through a village etc - when there’s not another soul around and you could definitely go a bit faster.
Rural police are the most savage! You think there's noone to catch you and then 3 of the fuckers appear around the corner out of nowhere :p

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Im beginning to think there is no benefit of being a woman 🙃 and that is coming from someone who is treated so equally with my husband
The benefit is now that women are being erased you basically get an invisibility cloak so all Harry Potter fans wanna be us 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Advent calendars should only ever contain little chocolates and/or pretty pictures. They should also never cost more that 3 or 4 quid.

They get bigger, fancier, and more expensive every year and it's stupid.

Reactions: 28
Rural police are the most savage! You think there's noone to catch you and then 3 of the fuckers appear around the corner out of nowhere :p
Omg I once got a letter in the post from one of them Neighbourhood watch people telling me to stop speeding through their village or they'll report me to the police if they catch me again!

To be honest all it made me want to do was go through a bit faster to piss them off. Get a life ya sad fucks!

Eta - I was doing about 35 in a 30, not pretending to be Lewis Hamilton before someone jumps down my throat

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Yeah. Unless you're asking someone to clarify it or you're making a joke about it I don't really understand the need to state you disagree with an unpopular opinion. That's why it's considered unpopular in the first place!
Yep. Which is why I have ignored the passive aggressive comments to my unpopular opinion and the replies. I have my unpopular opinion, you disagree, you have your unpopular opinion...blah bleeping blah.

If it's triggering get off the thread or create a new one to discuss there I say. Or maybe I am being harsh (Just don't want a good venting thread being derailed)

Reactions: 6
I hate being behind someone driving at the exact speed limit - for example 20 or 30 mph through a village etc - when there’s not another soul around and you could definitely go a bit faster.
I agree

I went through a 20 at 30 once. Didn’t realise because the bleeping sign was covered by tree branches. Didn’t get a ticket though 🤣

Those country lanes that are 60 tho can piss off

Reactions: 2
Omg I once got a letter in the post from one of them Neighbourhood watch people telling me to stop speeding through their village or they'll report me to the police if they catch me again!

To be honest all it made me want to do was go through a bit faster to piss them off. Get a life ya sad fucks!

Eta - I was doing about 35 in a 30, not pretending to be Lewis Hamilton before someone jumps down my throat
It's cause they quite literally have nothing better to do than sitting in verges waiting for little old Grannies going 1mph over the limit to get their sunday papers :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The “let’s stop sexual harassment” adds drive me mad

if someone is a creep no add is going to make them
Not be a creep

Reactions: 14
People who complain bitterly about being fined for speeding could save themselves a lot of expense and upset if they just got into the habit of leaving home a bit earlier.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
If you're constantly updating your Facebook frame to whatever trend of the day then you are a bit of a simpleton

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Speak for yourself.

I am a woman and I do not want to be reduced down to being a 'cervix haver'. It's a fairy tale and it's the sinister erosion of the rights that women have fought so hard for. If you don't have a cervix, (unless it has been removed for medical reasons) then you are a man, just as if you have a penis but 'self identify' as a woman you are a man and I don't want you in my personal intimate space when I am changing clothes or going to the toilet.
Why is the word and meaning of a 'woman' being hijacked and replaced with woman with a cervix, it's assumed a woman has a cervix. How about using 'woman with penis' or 'cevixless women' 🤣
To be fair, I have not been affected by the trans movement and don't really blink an eye at a transwoman in the same toilet as me but I'll be damned if I'm going to call myself a person the menstrates 😂 I think a lot of it is 'Internet noise/outrage', I've only come into contact with about 3 trans people in my life (one who said she liked my make up 😜).

Reactions: 2
On the theme of drivers, people who get pissed off at learner/inexperienced drivers can do one.

i stick to the speed limit because YES I feel safer sticking to the rules

NO I don’t always know where to go on a roundabout because very often they are poorly marked and confusing

I don’t always understand road etiquette or unspoken rules, ive not been doing this long enough to get it. I only just discovered flashing lights

yes, I do get a little bit nervous on motorways

I know I’m annoying you, and that makes me even worse as a driver because I’m super self conscious of the fact I’m annoying you. We were all learner drivers once though!

but at least I can console myself that I’m very good at hill starts :LOL: :p

sorry that was probably me :p

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
If you're constantly updating your Facebook frame to whatever trend of the day then you are a bit of a simpleton
When they just put another one over the existing one and end up with 50 frames on that are completely indistinguishable.
Major chaotic energy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I agree it shouldn't erase people but we should also work on being inclusive.
If you are a trans man or non binary person I would say ‘women and people with cervices’ would include them. I’m sure trans men and non binary females know they have a biologically female body and that this includes them. So how would do we need to work on being inclusive? And why are people ok with ‘women’ being erased? I certainly am not ok with it.

Reactions: 8
The thought of wearing period pants makes me grossed out. I don’t want to sit in whatever comes out 😂

im all for reducing waste etc for not dumping plastic in the ocean but really that’s the best idea, essentially wearing a nappy and having to wash it

• Heart
Reactions: 21
IMO women aren’t being erased at all. The idea of ‘women’ not being used is extremely amplified in the media and you’d be hard pressed to find a trans or non binary person who is offended by the word woman. The minority who would be are just made out to be the majority when they really aren’t.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.