Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But if you choose to identify as him / he but you still have a cervix you are at risk of cervical cancer too and will also need a smear test. If you just say woman surely it is alienating these people?
I dont care if you're alienated, if you've made the decision to identify as a man you must be aware that you are originally a woman, and therefore have a cervix.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
But if you choose to identify as him / he but you still have a cervix you are at risk of cervical cancer too and will also need a smear test. If you just say woman surely it is alienating these people?
The NHS/any other health system still operates on biological fact. Whether you have changed your gender or not, if you have a cervix, the appropriate testing will be available to you. Calling women, women, doesn't change that.

If a biological woman changes her gender and forgets she has a cervix, then needs other women to no longer be called women to remind her of that, that's an entirely different problem.

Reactions: 9
I dont care if you're alienated, if you've made the decision to identify as a man you must be aware that you are originally a woman, and therefore have a cervix.
Exactly. Whatever gender you identify as if you have a cervix you were born with female reproductive organs and that isn’t something that holds a belief, it’s a scientific biological fact.
Women should not be told they have to sacrifice women in order to appease less than 1% of the population. If they want more inclusivity they can have it - that should never come at the expense of erasing women.

Reactions: 9
I am not being deliberately anything. But if we take the concept of self identification to its literal end then we can all identify as ANYTHING. It is no more preposterous for me to self identify as a black man than it is for a man with a penis and testicles to wake up one day and decide that he identifies as a woman. I am not talking about genuine gender dysphoria, I am talking about the terrifying concept of men taking over women's spaces on a whim.

I am a woman. I have a cervix but I am not just a reductive person with a cervix and breasts, I am a woman and all the complexities that encompasses. A man dressing up does not know anything about being a woman; the fear of attack, abuse and everyday misogyny that is fuelling this nonsense. If we can change gender on a whim, why can't we change race? Or is misogyny less important to you than race?
Men who pretend to be women so they can rape etc are not really transgender. Surely people know that. It’s not just putting on a dress and away you go.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The NHS/any other health system still operates on biological fact. Whether you have changed your gender or not, if you have a cervix, the appropriate testing will be available to you. Calling women, women, doesn't change that.

And surely we're not suggesting that people who identify as he/him but still have a cervix are stupid enough to not realise their genital make-up? It's personal responsibility to say 'I have a cervix but I'm a man, I must book a smear'.

Reactions: 8
And the cervix thing is only one aspect, we're being referred to as birthing parents, pregnant people, chestfeeders. No thank you

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I am not being deliberately anything. But if we take the concept of self identification to its literal end then we can all identify as ANYTHING. It is no more preposterous for me to self identify as a black man than it is for a man with a penis and testicles to wake up one day and decide that he identifies as a woman. I am not talking about genuine gender dysphoria, I am talking about the terrifying concept of men taking over women's spaces on a whim.

I am a woman. I have a cervix but I am not just a reductive person with a cervix and breasts, I am a woman and all the complexities that encompasses. A man dressing up does not know anything about being a woman; the fear of attack, abuse and everyday misogyny that is fuelling this nonsense. If we can change gender on a whim, why can't we change race? Or is misogyny less important to you than race?
I agree that womanhood is more than just having the reproductive organs and isn't that the whole point?

It is absolutely preposterous that you used a racist term to conflate gender identity with race. Using that term is never acceptable and it isn't comparable to someone who wants to identify with a societal concept of woman.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Men who pretend to be women so they can rape etc are not really transgender. Surely people know that. It’s not just putting on a dress and away you go.

No. But Stonewall are using them thus.

I agree that womanhood is more than just having the reproductive organs and isn't that the whole point?

It is absolutely preposterous that you used a racist term to conflate gender identity with race. Using that term is never acceptable and it isn't comparable to someone who wants to identify with a societal concept of woman.

I apologise, I should not have used that term, sorry for any offense.

But the point still stands that if we can identify as any gender we should be able to identify as any race.

Reactions: 7
Yeah but the problem with the new definition of 'trans' is that we can't say that as 'everyone is who they say they are'
The umbrella of trans (per Stonewall) has increased so much that it now includes cross dressers.

Reactions: 6
And the cervix thing is only one aspect, we're being referred to as birthing parents, pregnant people, chestfeeders. No thank you
I agree with this.

If someone wants to call themselves a birthing parent - they can- if they want to be referred to as such - they can tell the doctor and they’ll note that for them but i don’t think it should be the default term… it seems a bit… clinical??

Mother, father, guardian all sound a bit more familial if that makes sense.

Reactions: 11
No. But Stonewall are using them thus.

I apologise, I should not have used that term, sorry for any offense.

But the point still stands that if we can identify as any gender we should be able to identify as any race.
duck Stonewall. Lobby groups always attract extremists. They don’t speak for anyone but themselves. People need to realise that and stop extrapolating their views to the rest of the trans community.

Reactions: 6
I agree with this.

If someone wants to call themselves a birthing parent - they can- if they want to be referred to as such - they can tell the doctor and they’ll note that for them but i don’t think it should be the default term… it seems a bit… clinical??

Mother, father, guardian all sound a bit more familial if that makes sense.
Yeah how dare a tiny minority demand the word mother be taken away from women because they don't like the word. The sheer nerve!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
duck Stonewall. Lobby groups always attract extremists. They don’t speak for anyone but themselves. People need to realise that and stop extrapolating their views to the rest of the trans community.

I agree. But they are encroaching everywhere.

Reactions: 5
Hugely unpopular opinion alert -

Fundamentally, I actually don't give a flying duck how you want to identify or be seen. You are what you are and I only hop along with your delusion out of human decency. But even that is bullshit. Noone would respect me if I wanted to declare I was Bono, a toaster or a willow tree. Yet with sex it's for some reason ok? I am tired of having to pretend I care, most people don't, that's the hard cold truth. They are just too scared to be 'cancelled'.

It's about time we started seeing it for what it is, mental illness and a serious one at that. Gender I can accept - it's made up and there is no such rules as "pink for a girl, blue for a boy". Like and love whoever you want. But biological fact is biological fact and when you start bleeping with that, you need serious psychological help. The fact we are enabling and profiting from this, is horrendous beyond belief.

Why is it ok to chop your cock off but if I asked them to take a toe or an elbow, I'd be sectioned? It's no bleeping different. You aren't trans, you are unwell.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Its not cis woman, its woman.
There's probably about 3 people in this country behind this utter bollocks. All the transwomen/men I've met in real life have been fine everyday people. Not going on about pronouns etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
No one is stopping you from referring to yourself as a woman with a cervix 🤷🏻‍♀️
they kinda are though, just not directly. Every time an individual or organisation refers to “people” when “biological female” is what they mean, or when it becomes “parental clothing” instead of maternity wear. Or women publications and leaflets address women as “womxn”

it some extreme circles we’ve been told we are not being inclusive if we want to refer to ourselves as women/females.

we absolutely are being stopped from referring to ourselves as we want. Which is just plain old simple “woman”

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yeah but the problem with the new definition of 'trans' is that we can't say that as 'everyone is who they say they are'
The umbrella of trans (per Stonewall) has increased so much that it now includes cross dressers.
Since when did Stonewall become the authority on what people should be referred to ? Cross dressing isn’t the same as transgender. Most cross dressera are cis

Reactions: 2
*** unpopular opinion ***

It’s dead boring reading constant back &
Forth arguing about pronouns and cervix’s etc etc etc

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.