Unpopular opinions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With respect a poster above literally said

“ NOONE but you and potential mates care what label you give yourself. Read it, then read it again. Other people thinking *some* people misuse stupid bleeping manmade labels, isn’t taking your joined the club badge away from you.

Calm yourself down, stop thinking your sexual preference is world breaking news and go and have a nice crumpet.”

That’s what I was referring to
They are manmade labels, that's a fact, sorry if that offends you. Saying so doesn't stop people being or feeling any of those ways, nor am I denying that people outside the label of heterosexuality exist. And I am most certainly not saying violence against anyone for their sexuality is justified. It is a ridiculous world we live in where people can't state facts now without people making them out to be condoning hate and aggression.

Labels ARE manmade. Much in the same way a Kettle has been called a Kettle, a label made by man to give a name to an event, occurrence or item etc. You are confusing manmade with "made up", made up implies the thing that is being labelled is fictional or imaginary. That ISN'T what I was saying. If it bothers you that people are acknowledging that many people abuse these labels for clout, then you are in denial. Saying people do that, isn't saying that all people do that. Why is this so hard to understand?

Bi like depression and anxiety has become a buzzterm for many people, who abuse the concept for likes, sympathy, attention - whatever you want to call it. It grossly undermines the struggles that people who *truly* feel or identify that way, face. Does that mean Bi people don't exist? Of bleeping course not. Literally noone has said that. And they definitely haven't said those people deserve mental or physical harm because of how they choose to label themselves. Simply that it is a label and it is overused. There isn't anything offensive about this, other than people taking it personally because they think their own sexuality is being questioned.

It isn't about you. It's a blanket unpopular opinion about *some* members of society.

Some.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I always wonder if women who say fillers look awful have ever had them. They remind me of those memes where someone says “I only spend 10 minutes putting on my make-up” 👀 I get 2ml in my lips (two full syringes) when I can be bothered and after the swelling it is very subtle. That’s why I don’t get them often because it’s a lot of money for little change. I think they only look bad when they try to copy a lip shape they don’t have e.g. a prominent Cupid’s bow when there isn’t one 🥴, go to crap injectors and get 3ml+.
nomattter how tiny an amount of filler, or how well it’s been done… there’s always a little tell tale.. pucker? Upturn? I don’t know how to describe it. I’ve never been surprised by someone telling me they’ve had filler, it’s always fairly obvious.

it doesn’t necessarily look bad IMO but it does look like filler has been put in. Which surely defeats the point?

Reactions: 4
I believe all dogs should be on lead in public places. If as a dog owner, you have ever uttered the words “he’s just saying hello” or “don’t worry he’s friendly” to a stranger. You are an utter menace.
Definitely, it’s frightening especially if you have small children or even a small dog when a big dog comes running at you and you don’t know their intentions. Idc if they’re friendly. If your dog tries to bite my dog I’m battering you and your dog.

Reactions: 10
I have a large dog with big jaws and muscles. She’s never shown any aggressive behaviour unless you count barking at birds (only larger ones, sparrows and robins are ok in her book). She loves people though I think she thinks my friend’s 2 year old is a skittle to knock over. I’d still not leave her with a small child. If I did and she attacked the kid, it would be my fault. She’d be a bad dog AND I’d be a bad owner.

When I got her as a puppy loads of dog people told me they could tell she was a good natured dog and would be a good dog. I don’t know how they could tell or if they were talking out of their arse but she is. I took her to training every week as a pup once she was jabbed and then again when she was about a year old.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Dogs will always be first and foremost animals. It doesn't matter how good you think they are, it only takes a second for something to happen that triggers something in them that you didn't expect or don't want to happen. Hence why ALL dogs should be on lead around other people/dogs. Also out of respect for the fact that some people don't like dogs, or simply don't want them in their personal space which is completely justified. And even more so for the fact that not all dogs are friendly and someone who is responsibility controlling their pet, shouldn't have to keep it locked up 24/7 just because your Spaniel is "friendly!" and wants to get up in their face. If a human did that to me I'd thump them one.

Also most "friendly" dogs are scrappy little shits who are deemed so purely because they don't bite or are so small it doesn't do damage. Plus, biting isn't the only unacceptable behaviour in dogs.

Makes me laugh when people think they are good dog owners just because their dog doesn't do harm. You are ignoring it, letting it run anywhere it wants, tit everywhere but it's fine because there's no wound. duck off.

Reactions: 12
They are manmade labels, that's a fact, sorry if that offends you. Saying so doesn't stop people being or feeling any of those ways, nor am I denying that people outside the label of heterosexuality exist. And I am most certainly not saying violence against anyone for their sexuality is justified. It is a ridiculous world we live in where people can't state facts now without people making them out to be condoning hate and aggression.

Labels ARE manmade. Much in the same way a Kettle has been called a Kettle, a label made by man to give a name to an event, occurrence or item etc. You are confusing manmade with "made up", made up implies the thing that is being labelled is fictional or imaginary. That ISN'T what I was saying. If it bothers you that people are acknowledging that many people abuse these labels for clout, then you are in denial. Saying people do that, isn't saying that all people do that. Why is this so hard to understand?

Bi like depression and anxiety has become a buzzterm for many people, who abuse the concept for likes, sympathy, attention - whatever you want to call it. It grossly undermines the struggles that people who *truly* feel or identify that way, face. Does that mean Bi people don't exist? Of bleeping course not. Literally noone has said that. And they definitely haven't said those people deserve mental or physical harm because of how they choose to label themselves. Simply that it is a label and it is overused. There isn't anything offensive about this, other than people taking it personally because they think their own sexuality is being questioned.

It isn't about you. It's a blanket unpopular opinion about *some* members of society.

Some.
That is fair. I do see your point. It felt to me like you were saying it was all bullshit and made up so thank you for explaining it and I apologise for my misunderstanding your point.

I do agree with you that people do use terms and it just makes life more difficult for those people. OCD being a major example.
In terms of overusing sexuality I’ve never encountered it personally besides cooperations who slap pride about every June to make money

I believe all dogs should be on lead in public places. If as a dog owner, you have ever uttered the words “he’s just saying hello” or “don’t worry he’s friendly” to a stranger. You are an utter menace.
It does my head in when I’m out walking my dog on a lead and another dog comes bounding over and then owner is like “hes friendly”. He might be but my dog isn’t (which is why I keep him on a lead!) and if my dog attacks your dog it’ll be mine and my dog’s fault when YOURS wasn’t on a lead!

Reactions: 3
That is fair. I do see your point. It felt to me like you were saying it was all bullshit and made up so thank you for explaining it and I apologise for my misunderstanding your point.

I do agree with you that people do use terms and it just makes life more difficult for those people. OCD being a major example.
In terms of overusing sexuality I’ve never encountered it personally besides cooperations who slap pride about every June to make money
The sad reality is the labels that were intended to empower just do more harm than good from dividing people. Love should be love and that should be the end of it. If only we could teach that in schools. We don't need to bring children up to see segregation where they naturally would not, kids are content with the basic facts, "why are those two people together?" "because they love eachother" "ok, can I have a cookie?". A child doesn't question why two men are together unless we tell them to.

Reactions: 6
People who get Botox and fillers always look like tit. If you think yours is done well and doesn't show, yes it does and people are too nice to say something.
Filler especially is a scourge of our society.

I’m not even exaggerating. Modern beauty standards are so fucked up, most young women seem to think filler is as normal as acrylic nails. And it’s so accessible and cheap. It’s depressing. I can’t bear seeing photos of women looking like blow up dolls with massive inflated lips. And then you hear your mates saying “I want filler, I have no top lip!” (the justification is always “I have no top lip!”). Like that isn’t totally normal for white women - no, it’s not that white women typically have thin lips, there’s something wrong with you and you need to fix it.

People say “it’s OK if it just gives you confidence!”. Nah, sorry, if you need a pick me up, buy a new outfit or some make up or something, don’t inject tit into your face.

You’re only lacking in confidence because we as a society have sleepwalked into a situation that teaches women (and some gay men, I’ve started to notice) that normal lips aren’t good enough.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I have a large dog with big jaws and muscles. She’s never shown any aggressive behaviour unless you count barking at birds (only larger ones, sparrows and robins are ok in her book). She loves people though I think she thinks my friend’s 2 year old is a skittle to knock over. I’d still not leave her with a small child. If I did and she attacked the kid, it would be my fault. She’d be a bad dog AND I’d be a bad owner.

When I got her as a puppy loads of dog people told me they could tell she was a good natured dog and would be a good dog. I don’t know how they could tell of if they were talking out of her arse but she is. I took her to training every week as a pup once she was jabbed and then again when she was about a year old.
There was a 10yr old boy killed by a dog yesterday ,just shows what they're capable of . My neighbours dog is spoilt rotten she treats her like a child I think that makes them even more aggressive ,the postman won't come into the street if the dog is outside it's jumped at him many times and aggressively gone at people ,even children ,all she says to them is tap her on the head ,as if that's something you'd attempt at a snarling dog she still lets it roam free without a care in the world . she is a careless owner .

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
My dog is on the lead apart from at the dog park. If a dog comes up to her and she’s on her lead it’s about 80/20 whether she’ll be nice, usually she is but she’ll give a warning bark if she thinks the other dog is a dick. But then she starts on me (pulling at her lead) as she thinks if they’re off their lead then so should she be! I hate when dogs approach if their owners aren’t right by them.

At the dog park she’s fine, all the dogs are usually off lead there and she’ll chase away or ignore any she doesn’t like. Any humans there are there because they’re dog people so usually chilled. The one time I’ve seen aggro it was an owner who had his dog on a lead and was shouting at other owners (not me) to get their dogs on leads. He maybe forgot he was at the dog park.

There was a 10yr old boy killed by a dog yesterday ,just shows what they're capable of . My neighbours dog is spoilt rotten she treats her like a child I think that makes them even more aggressive ,the postman won't come into the street if the dog is outside it's jumped at him many times and aggressively gone at people ,even children ,all she says to them is tap her on the head ,as if that's something you'd attempt at a snarling dog she still lets it roam free without a care in the world . she is a careless owner .
I count a 10 year old as a small child. My dog wouldn’t be left with a 10 year old. Happy to let them play supervised though.

That poor kid.

Reactions: 6
nomattter how tiny an amount of filler, or how well it’s been done… there’s always a little tell tale.. pucker? Upturn? I don’t know how to describe it. I’ve never been surprised by someone telling me they’ve had filler, it’s always fairly obvious.

it doesn’t necessarily look bad IMO but it does look like filler has been put in. Which surely defeats the point?
Not always, people still perpetuate this like they’re lip filler sleuths or we’re all walking around with a mouth like a baboon’s ass in denial. Some people want them to look massive and go to the likes of MCR Aesthetics 🤢 Other places (usually older nurse practitioners who know their tit) will not do this because they don’t want to be associated with that look plus it’s risky. Anyway, agreed to disagree on this 💋

Yes to this. I like dogs but I was carrying some drinks in a beer garden some weeks ago and there was a big husky off its lead. The owner said "she might jump". She was a big dog and I was carrying pint glasses. There could have been an accident!

Reactions: 8
I think it's really upsetting people feel the need to surgically alter themselves. Of course you should have the right, but do you not question why you feel the need to? I know alot of the time people explain it by saying it isn't about other people and it's for themselves, but is that not a sign that you have an issue with your confidence if you can't be content with the natural body you were given? Why do lips need to be a certain size for you to feel you are worthy? It's just anatomy that is meant to fill a purpose, you don't question how your lungs, heart or anything inside looks as long as it does its job.

a lot of dogs would be a nightmare if they didn’t get off lead exercise though. For lots of breeds, walking on a lead simply doesn’t cut it. They need to be able to wander, sniff, run and stretch their legs etc.

Reactions: 3
a lot of dogs would be a nightmare if they didn’t get off lead exercise though. For lots of breeds, walking on a lead simply doesn’t cut it. They need to be able to wander, sniff, run and stretch their legs etc.
i get that but surely an extendable lead will do?
i have horses and my horse was actually bitten by a dog who supposedly “always came back when called”
many people will say that i should be able to “control” my horse in a situation like that but they’re fight or flight animals, you simply cannot control their instincts
the horses also do have every right to be wandering when ridden in public places (given that it is a bridleway) it’s just like walking your dog except our dog is much bigger

Absolutely! And when the dog bites you the owner will either say "he's never done that beofre" or "It's your fault, you provoked him!".

If you want somewhere to let your dog off its lead to run free, buy a house with a big garden!

Reactions: 5
I think it's really upsetting people feel the need to surgically alter themselves. Of course you should have the right, but do you not question why you feel the need to? I know alot of the time people explain it by saying it isn't about other people and it's for themselves, but is that not a sign that you have an issue with your confidence if you can't be content with the natural body you were given? Why do lips need to be a certain size for you to feel you are worthy? It's just anatomy that is meant to fill a purpose, you don't question how your lungs, heart or anything inside looks as long as it does its job.
I remember when cosmetic surgery for regular people to improve looks started. There was this program on TV that didn't tell you at the start what these people thought was wrong with them. And it was fun guessing what they wanted done. Two cases stick out for me.. one lady with absolutely no boobs wanted her IMO perfect nose altered. another lady with the largest nose I had ever seen wanted her perfect size IMO boobs done

That's when I realised its nothing to do with what you actually have its your perception of what you have.

This programme was 30 odd years ago, now cosmetic surgery etc IMO is ut of control. I always thought any surgeon or professional who did outrageous things to people's bodies because they were asked to, should be struck off .

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Then you take your dogs somewhere they can do that without being a risk or places that are designed for that purpose, so everyone there has an understanding and has agreed to it.

I remember when cosmetic surgery for regular people to improve looks started. There was this program on TV that didn't tell you at the start what these people thought was wrong with them. And it was fun guessing what they wanted done. Two cases stick out for me.. one lady with absolutely no boobs wanted her IMO perfect nose altered. another lady with the largest nose I had ever seen wanted her perfect size IMO boobs done

That's when I realised its nothing to do with what you actually have its your perception of what you have.

This programme was 30 odd years ago, now cosmetic surgery etc IMO is ut of control. I always thought any surgeon or professional who did outrageous things to people's bodies because they were asked to, should be struck off .
I think that's a very interesting take and I'm sure if we were all to write a list of what 'flaws' we felt we had, then asked 50 strangers to give their opinion - there would be some crossovers but very few identical lists!

Reactions: 5
I always thought any surgeon or professional who did outrageous things to people's bodies because they were asked to, should be struck off .
Indeed. And now we find ourselves in a situation where an entire generation of girls and women are identifying as transgender and getting their healthy breasts cut off by willing surgeons, especially in the US.

Some even prefer to get the nipples removed too.

The regret and lawsuits will be increasing in number over the next 5-10 years.
032488F4-8F62-4C20-9463-A9DC6D43F763.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
i get that but surely an extendable lead will do?
i have horses and my horse was actually bitten by a dog who supposedly “always came back when called”
many people will say that i should be able to “control” my horse in a situation like that but they’re fight or flight animals, you simply cannot control their instincts
the horses also do have every right to be wandering when ridden in public places (given that it is a bridleway) it’s just like walking your dog except our dog is much bigger
extendable leads are super unpopular. I’ve never used one so not sure of the ins and outs of it, but they are deemed to be dangerous.

you can get training leads - super long leads essentially. I’ve used these when training my puppy to recall. They do the trick but worked for her because she was small. They get tangled very easy as you can imagine and are a paint! And a dog wouldn’t really be able to get the same amount of exercise or stimulation whilst on that type of lead.

“getting a big garden” doesn’t really cut it either. Most of us would love a large garden but they are in shirt supply in the U.K.! Dogs need stimulation in the forms of sights and smells, as well as a really good long run. Imagine as a human, you could only run up and down your garden for exercise? You’d get bored if it.

my dog is a pretty intelligent breed and she definitely gets excited and stimulated when she’s taken to somewhere new/somewhere she hasn’t been for a while.

most dog breeds were bred for their stamina. To run alongside carriages, to help retrieve when hunting etc. These breeds can run for hours and hours without getting tired. I had a springer spaniel once upon a time. Her recall was terrible so I preferred to walk her on lead while we were trying to train her. For her to get anywhere close to the right amount of exercise for her, I’d have needed to walk her for several hours on a lead each day. The whole time it was a struggle to get her to heel - it simply was her natural instinct to run off ahead of me. That type of exercise just wasn’t suitable for her. When we took her for runs in a remote field she was so much happier, and better exercised.

and ironically, the type of dogs who misbehave in the way you describe, often do so because they havent been exercised enough! A tired dog is a good dog and all that

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.